Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two microsoft accounts, one for work/professional purposes, and another that I use strictly for gaming purposes. My gaming account utilizes a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TacticalSquirrl, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account

I have two microsoft accounts, one for work/professional purposes, and another that I use strictly for gaming purposes.

My gaming account utilizes a separate email address and is properly linked to
    my
    Xbox gamertag. However, my 'professional' has some random gamertag associated to it when I click 'Go to your Xbox profile' on the Microsoft account web page. It is not mine, and I have no idea how it got there, as I have never had an xbox account linked
    to that email. I only noticed this because I began getting multiple emails stating that my xbox live membership is going to renew; I got (3) separate emails just today. When I investigated, I saw this random xbox account linked to my account. It doesn't appear
    to have a paid subscription or anything like that associated to it (which was my fear considering the multiple emails) but I would like to have it decoupled from my account.

How can I do this? The only thing that the Microsoft Contact Us bot will let me do is delete the entire Microsoft account, which is not what I want. I just want the super random gamertag to no longer be linked to my account.

:)

TacticalSquirrl, Jan 18, 2020
  2. TacticalSquirrl Win User

Delayed response - Thank you Brad! I think that just knowing its a random generated tag and not some random fool is peace of mind enough for me.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello TacticalSquirrl,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As this question has been answered, we will be locking this thread. If you ever have another question or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread.
    We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Tactical,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Once you sign into Xbox website, it will attach a random gamer tag to the account. To know if it is a random generated one by Microsoft/Xbox. It usually consists of two words and some numbers. You can request a call from
    support. They will be happy to look at the account.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

6. CJ3NKINS Win User

Change the Microsoft account that my gamertag (XboxLive) is associated to.

Hi barretjones

I'm not interested in changing my mail. My question is about changing the microsoft account associated with my gamertag on xbox live. :) I wan't to associate my sons microsoft account with the gamertage on my Microsoft account. But thanks anyways...
Thema:

1. Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Random Gamertag associated

2. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  3. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...
  4. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...
  5. Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag: Several months after migrating my minecraft account, when I go to log into my Xbox account I see a random gamertag which is not what I migrated with and I cannot sign into my minecraft account on...
  6. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag: I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I...
  7. Random gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random gamertag change: My son noticed on Christmas night that his gamertag had changed. It went from a two word gamertag, one he'd chosen himself, to a set of 2 letters and 4 numbers. We checked his purchase history,...
  8. Cannot change random gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change random gamertag without paying: Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it...
  9. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  10. Random GamerTag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random GamerTag change: Okay, so this happened a couple days ago. I haven’t been playing my xbox one for quite a bit because I have been taking a break but I noticed my Gamer Tag has been switched from to Rive#62347 or...