Random White Flicker?

Discus and support Random White Flicker? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoubleSwag, Jul 18, 2022.

1. DoubleSwag
    DoubleSwag Guest

Random White Flicker?

With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is only for a second and sometimes trigger the HDR notification on my TV. When I turn off HDR via the console this problem doesn’t occour. The console is connected to a PhilippsTV from the 5000Series which is 4K/60Hz/HDR enabled. This problem doesn’t occur with other hardware connected to the TV. Latest firmware is on both the TV and console installed. To me it looks like a handshake issue or intermittent connection between the console and TV while running at 4K/60HZ with HDR enabled.

During my research on the internet I noticed that other users encounter similar problems at 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. Is Microsoft going to address this problem with the next firmware update and do you have a workaround for me in the meantime so that I can use 4k/60Hz with HDR enabled?

Thank you in advance for your support.

:)

DoubleSwag, Jul 18, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Random White Flicker?

That's a great sign! If it worked with the monitor, it means that this is not a hardware issue on your console. As I tought from the beginning, this is probably just an incompatibility with the TV firmware and the console firmware that is making HDR not being processed correctly.
  3. DoubleSwag Win User

Random White Flicker?

Im gonna do some testing and reply back when i get results :)
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Random White Flicker?

I would suggest you (if possible) to test it on another TV. But this is probably just an incompatibility with the Xbox firmware and your TV firmware that is making HDR not being processed correctly. I'm almost sure this is not a console hardware issue.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Random White Flicker?

Yes

When you get.flickering it means you do t have enough bandwidth

Have you checked yourspecs ?

Is the slot you are using HDMI 2.1? Not all slots would.be especially cheaper.brands

Philips has not been a top brand in a long long time
  6. DoubleSwag Win User

Random White Flicker?

Ah ok thats so good to hear thanks you so much for the response!
Thema:

Random White Flicker?

1. Random White Flicker? - Similar Threads - Random White Flicker

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  7. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  8. Random White Screen flickering in games/apps/homescreen on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Random White Screen flickering in games/apps/homescreen on Xbox Series X: I have had no issues with my Series X since I got it. But as of 2 days ago, I have been receiving random white flashes and flicking across all games, apps, and even the homescreen. I have disabled...
  9. Have a 1st Generation Xbox One white edition makes a random Ding 3x times every day for the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have a 1st Generation Xbox One white edition makes a random Ding 3x times every day for the ...: [img] Hello currently have Xbox One 1st Gen White its been a good console for about 4 years purchased brand new and recently while using it for netflix, youtube and call of duty over the pass few...
  10. Tiny white and random pixels (not HDMI cable problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tiny white and random pixels (not HDMI cable problem): As seen here: Any ideas whats wrong and how I can fix this? Hoping the GPU isn't cooked :-( b42420e6-6410-4514-9cee-5d4a961b7e18