: Random slow download and constant high ping

Discus and support : Random slow download and constant high ping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Fordfourx4, May 19, 2020.

1. Fordfourx4
    Fordfourx4 Guest

So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out today and had nothing running on the wifi and i had to download an update for MW. It started off great
    by downloading the first 19gb in the first hour, that was 2 hours ago and it just pasted 20gb. Nothing with the wifi has changed and i dont know what is causing this. Is there anything i can so to improve tgis in the future as well as getting rid of a consistant
    lag and 100-200ms ping? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Fordfourx4, May 19, 2020
  2. tic tac omnius Win User

For a more stable connection you could try ethernet also make sure you dont have anything running in the background.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Error downloading a game from the Marketplace.

The ping is a little on the high side and you're net is very slow. That's most likely the issue.
  4. DerVaddi Win User

Ethernet or Wi-Fi

hi. i prefer cable. and the reason is very simple: compared to wifi, cable has the advantage of constant conditions and therefore constant values (ping, download, upload)
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s high ping

Do you measure the ping with the Network settings test in the console, or is that a ping shown in a game?

Be aware that game Ping also depends on other players hosting the match. If they have a slow internet connection, or are far away, the ping goes up for you as well.

If you get high ping during the console's network test, try doing a speedtest on your PC, selecting a speedtest server close to Seattle or Redmond (USA Washington State).

If the ping is high during that test as well, you might have to talk to your ISP if they have routing issues.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Server Disconnected on MW3 5 mins into the game

Unfortunately those speeds are a little slow, especially the upload speed. We really suggest at least 3.5Mbps for download and 1Mbps for upload. The ping is a bit high too. Would you be able contact your ISP and ask if there is anything they can do to speed
    up your connection?
Thema:

1. : Random slow download and constant high ping - Similar Threads - Random slow download

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  7. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  8. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  9. Slow UI and Random Shut Downs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow UI and Random Shut Downs: So, ever since i got the new update as part of the preview program the new UI has been incredibly slow compared to the old one and my xbox will consistently just shut down, usually when ive...
  10. System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random.

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random.: My Xbox 360 has recently started playing music in "slow motion". This only happens in the System Music Player and is not caused by the location of the music as it happens when playing music off of...