Random notifications on Xbox App

Discus and support Random notifications on Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; HELP!!! I keep getting notifications from a feed I have nothing to do with. How do i stop receiving the notifications of comments made... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BionicPigion, Feb 7, 2018.

1. BionicPigion
    BionicPigion Guest

HELP!!!

I keep getting notifications from a feed I have nothing to do with. How do i stop receiving the notifications of comments made

:)

BionicPigion, Feb 7, 2018
  2. DogBoyDerekD
    DogBoyDerekD Guest
    after removal of game still notifications. how to turn off?

Hi Masglen-

The notifications you are asking about are game requests and these are sent via Xbox.

These are controlled via your Xbox "Show Game notifications" settings. To change these settings on your phone go to Games Hub > ... > settings > Show game notifications (switch to Off). Changing Xbox settings may take a while to fully propagate so may not
    have an instant effect.

Please note that unfortunately there is no way to control Xbox toast notifications on an app by app basis. So you cannot control toast notifications for an individual app such as AlphaJax at this time. This is not something the application developers have
    control over.

Please note users do not receive random game requests after 14 days of inactivity on AlphaJax.

DogBoyDerekD, Feb 7, 2018
  3. keith patton
    keith patton Guest
    Turning off notifications

Alphajax uses three types of push notifications...

Tile notifications - Used to update your tiles (primary tile and game tiles). You can turn these off via help and options in the game, these are sent by the AlphaJax servers.

In Game notifications - Used to update your games whilst your are app is running. You can turn these off via help and options in the game, these are sent by the AlphaJax servers.

Toast notifications - Used to notify of new game requests, Your Turn, You Won, You Lost notifications. These are controlled via your Xbox "Show Game notifications" settings. To change these settings on your phone go to Games Hub > ... >
    settings > Show game notifications (switch to Off). Changing Xbox settings may take a while to fully propogate so may not have an instant effect.

Please note that unfortunately there is no way to control Xbox toast notifications on an app by app basis. So you cannot control toast notifications for an individual app such as AlphaJax at this time. This is not something the application developers have
    control over at this time.

Please note users do not receive random game requests after 14 days of inactivity on Alphajax.

keith patton, Feb 7, 2018
  4. Random notifications on Xbox App

Heya!

Can you describe where this feed is and what it is for? Are you seeing these notifications on any other devices or just on the app?

Also, is this the PC or the mobile app?

Post back with a bit more info and we will be happy to help if still needed!

Mister Getafix, Mar 10, 2018
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Heya!

Can you describe where this feed is and what it is for? Are you seeing these notifications on any other devices or just on the app?

Also, is this the PC or the mobile app?

Post back with a bit more info and we will be happy to help if still needed!
  6. DogBoyDerekD Win User

after removal of game still notifications. how to turn off?

Hi Masglen-

The notifications you are asking about are game requests and these are sent via Xbox.

These are controlled via your Xbox "Show Game notifications" settings. To change these settings on your phone go to Games Hub > ... > settings > Show game notifications (switch to Off). Changing Xbox settings may take a while to fully propagate so may not
    have an instant effect.

control over.

Please note users do not receive random game requests after 14 days of inactivity on AlphaJax.
  7. andersonpassos Win User

Not getting notifications on Xbox app

To check the system notification settings for the Xbox app, follow these steps (steps may vary depending on your device):

On your mobile device, go to the main Settings menu.

Look for the section or category related to notifications or apps.

Scroll down and locate the Xbox app in the list of installed apps.

Tap on the Xbox app to access its notification settings.

Ensure that notifications are allowed or enabled for the Xbox app.

If you still can't find the notification settings within the system settings, it's possible that the Xbox app doesn't have separate notification controls and relies on the default notification settings of your device.

If you have already verified that notifications are enabled for the Xbox app in your device's settings, and you're still not receiving friend notifications, it's likely a technical issue with the app itself.
  8. sandw3ll Win User

Still getting 'online' notifications from blocked users

Hey SnuffMyBoon,

I just tried this with a random account on the PC Xbox App - it seems if you block someone and then unblock them, they still remain your friend. I would try unblocking them then removing them as a friend - this might stop the notifications.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

9. Smwutches Win User

Random suspension notification

It actually is a bug. It's been going on for over a year. I get it on the Game Pass app all the time.
Thema:

1. Random notifications on Xbox App - Similar Threads - Random notifications App

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  7. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  8. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  9. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  10. Random favorite online notifications?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Random favorite online notifications?: I'm not sure if this is also happening on his console but my boyfriend is constantly getting xbox app notifications saying that im online even though I've been online the entire time he still gets...