Random new gamertag signs in via Kinect WITH my actual tag?

Discus and support Random new gamertag signs in via Kinect WITH my actual tag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok to make it all clear. I used the Xbox 360 feature to change my Gamertag's attached microsoft hotmail account to my current email (my original one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Real DB, Oct 19, 2015.

1. The Real DB
    The Real DB Guest

Ok to make it all clear. I used the Xbox 360 feature to change my Gamertag's attached microsoft hotmail account to my current email (my original one was immature haha). All went fine, I can now sign in on this website with my current email and it links to
    my gamertag, great.

Now the issue; When I turned on my Xbox One, Kinect saw me and recongised me as 'Damian', showing my original Gamertag picture etc. Asked me to confirm my sign in details and I did with my new email etc. It signed me in... but it signed me in with some randomly
    generated gamertag and picture with 0g... I freaked out, where had my '' gamertag gone!? I signed out of this new random one "UpliftFriend308", chose to manually sign in, put in my new email and up came my original gamertag again ''.
    Phew... Well at least it did transfer and work.

Except this 'UpliftFriend308" keeps signing itself back in... and Kinect keeps using BOTH when it sees my face? How do I get rid of it and get it off kinect and my xbox one?

:)

The Real DB, Oct 19, 2015
  2. FeLix400
    FeLix400 Guest
    Accidentally made new gamertag??

I already had a gamertag linked with my old email address, but I recently created a new email address (wanted to move from hotmail to gmail) so I now want to link my xbox gamertag/profile with the new email.

However, I was faffing around with xbox.com and somehow ended up logging into xbox.com with my new email address, and within seconds, it said i have a new, completely random, gamertag!!

I have now tried changing my email address on my actual console but of course, it says the new email is already linked to another account (the new random gamertag that i dont want.)

Any ideas how to solve this??

FeLix400, Oct 19, 2015
  3. SleepyWheat7
    SleepyWheat7 Guest
    Wrong gamertag for my Microsoft Account...

Hey, I have the same problem. When i sign in using my microsoft account on xbox.com it just shows a completely random gamertag that's not mine. But, i can't sign with my gamertag on my xbox as it asks me for my microsoft account, which is somehow attached
    to some other random tag!

SleepyWheat7, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Go into settings and there is a section for the accounts on the console. You should be able to remove the account from the console there.

Smwutches, Oct 19, 2015
  5. The Real DB
    The Real DB Guest
    Thank you, that worked. It took me a second to find it. Xbox One's layout is quite awkward but yes it no longer keeps signing me in wrong. Thanks again.

The Real DB, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Go into settings and there is a section for the accounts on the console. You should be able to remove the account from the console there.
  7. The Real DB Win User

Thank you, that worked. It took me a second to find it. Xbox One's layout is quite awkward but yes it no longer keeps signing me in wrong. Thanks again.
  8. SleepyWheat7 Win User

Wrong gamertag for my Microsoft Account...

Hey, I have the same problem. When i sign in using my microsoft account on xbox.com it just shows a completely random gamertag that's not mine. But, i can't sign with my gamertag on my xbox as it asks me for my microsoft account, which is somehow attached
    to some other random tag!
  9. Molly Maverick Win User

Gamertag fraud from 3rd party site resulting in much spam!

It's not a phisher, it's someone random with daddy issues or something who just needed a gamertag to sign up to a website to garner male attention. Having MY gamertag there with their pictures means it's random strangers sending messages to me, thinking
    it's her. Entirely pointless. No one is even actually trying to access the back end of my account, they're just using my tag as if it was them.

To sign up for the website, you put in 'your' gamertag, and then sign up with that as your username. They verify nothing at all, so this person is signed up with my tag, without my permission, or anyone's permission.

I do play online, so blocking everyone else from sending me messages because of some random person misusing my name does not sound like a very good option. It's not just one person messaging me, it's many people messaging me, because they think I am someone
    else who is soliciting these messages.

I'll try the webmaster, but I'm not sure how much help I'll get there unless they actually go through the effort to try to verify the account, which seems pretty doubtful.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

Trying to get a hold of a previously taken GT

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so you have no way of knowing if the tag is in use or not.

With the new system you can have that tag but it will have random numbers after it but if you want the original tag then you are out of luck if the system says it's in use then it's in use somewhere.

If that account doesn't sign in for 2 years then it will be freed up.
Thema:

1. Random new gamertag signs in via Kinect WITH my actual tag? - Similar Threads - Random gamertag signs

2. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  3. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...
  4. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...
  5. Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag: Several months after migrating my minecraft account, when I go to log into my Xbox account I see a random gamertag which is not what I migrated with and I cannot sign into my minecraft account on...
  6. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag: I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I...
  7. Random gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random gamertag change: My son noticed on Christmas night that his gamertag had changed. It went from a two word gamertag, one he'd chosen himself, to a set of 2 letters and 4 numbers. We checked his purchase history,...
  8. Cannot change random gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change random gamertag without paying: Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it...
  9. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  10. When i sign into my Microsoft/Xbox account it has some random gamertag and none of my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i sign into my Microsoft/Xbox account it has some random gamertag and none of my ...: I've tried to change the gamertag but it tells me the one I want is already in use. Yes...by ME! I have been able to change the gamertag to a new one, but not the one I want back! How do I...