Random gamertag change

Discus and support Random gamertag change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son noticed on Christmas night that his gamertag had changed. It went from a two word gamertag, one he'd chosen himself, to a set of 2 letters and 4... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UnderDogX7281, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Random gamertag change

My son noticed on Christmas night that his gamertag had changed. It went from a two word gamertag, one he'd chosen himself, to a set of 2 letters and 4 numbers.

We checked his purchase history, changed the password on the account, and looked at his report history and found nothing, clean account, no purchases for the last 3 months or more.

Contacted Xbox support and they are "investigating" and gave us a 24 to 72 hour window in which they'd contact us back. It has been over 72 and we haven't heard anything, I've been put on the call list and had them call me back twice and both times they don't put me on hold, tell me they are looking at the service request (I have an email and give them the service request number) and then the call gets disconnected.

The first time the disconnect happened, I chalked it up to me and a bad connection, the second time I'm suspecting a pattern.

Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

Any help at all is very much appreciated.

:)

UnderDogX7281, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Klokkwork Win User

Need help changing gamertag

The free gamertag change happens only if you were given one of the random gamertags when you first create your account. From the looks of things, your gamertag is not a system-generated random name. Perhaps you made your account before Xbox began giving
    people random gamertags? As it is a custom name, the only way to change it will be through a paid gamertag change.
  3. Cerebral Paul Win User

Random GamerTag change

Have you contacted support to see if they have any info on what triggered the change?

"in some games it shows LT Rive. In others it doesn’t" how does it show on your dashboard on the console?
  4. Georges C. Win User

Random gamertag change

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello UnderDog, you did correctly in contact with xbox customer service, unfortunately as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data nor your account.

As you have a service number, try contacting support again via chat and pass the number you have so they can track and tell you the status of your request.

https://support.xbox.com/en-au/contact-us
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Random GamerTag change

On Call of Duty or your MSA gamertag?
  6. Harry37376 Win User

Random GamerTag change

If you have the same username as someone else, you get a # and 4 numbers at the end.
Thema:

Random gamertag change

1. Random gamertag change - Similar Threads - Random gamertag change

2. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  3. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...
  4. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...
  5. Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag: Several months after migrating my minecraft account, when I go to log into my Xbox account I see a random gamertag which is not what I migrated with and I cannot sign into my minecraft account on...
  6. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag: I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I...
  7. Cannot change random gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change random gamertag without paying: Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it...
  8. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  9. Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account: I have two microsoft accounts, one for work/professional purposes, and another that I use strictly for gaming purposes. My gaming account utilizes a separate email address and is properly linked...
  10. Random GamerTag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random GamerTag change: Okay, so this happened a couple days ago. I haven’t been playing my xbox one for quite a bit because I have been taking a break but I noticed my Gamer Tag has been switched from to Rive#62347 or...