Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade.

Discus and support Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before the ram upgrade everything was ok. Now, after the ram update, I get random fps drops down to 10-20fps and it stays like that around 3-5 sec. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Claudiu Pantazica, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade.

Before the ram upgrade everything was ok. Now, after the ram update, I get random fps drops down to 10-20fps and it stays like that around 3-5 sec.

I have an Asus rog strix g15 (laptop).

CPU: Intel i7-10870H 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK G512LV

Ram: 2x 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance

GPU: RTX 2060

Please ask me if you need more informations.

:)

Claudiu Pantazica, Dec 4, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You'd need to contact your hardware manufacturer for problems with upgrades. .
  3. Vairkjosa Win User

Random fps drops

[quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

100FPS is generally a PC thing for the cool kids who don't understand that the human eye/brain can't really discern much of a visual difference after approximately 60fps so they're running their games at higher rates and putting a strain on their hardware
    for something that is barely noticeable.

[/quote]

Exactly! 60 is supposed to be the standard setting for most cards. Not saying that 100 is better or anything like that. It's just what we used to try to get out of our cards. I can remember when old COD was only on the PC and I would get whacked by the ghosts.
    I call them ghosts because you would only see them after you were dead. lol

Thanks for calling me a cool kid. I think your right about very little, hardly noticeable after 60 though.
  4. ukjonas Win User

Random fps drops

100FPS seems really high, but not saying your wrong :)

When I used to play COD1, COD UO and COD 2 on PC, we would hit around 50-60 fps on PC. Yeah older games so maybe not a fair comparison

I also believe that COD on console runs at around 60fps, but BF3 is reported to run at around 30fps.

www.escapistmagazine.com/.../111353-60-FPS-is-Modern-Warfare-3s-Competitive-Edge

Havent gamed on PC for a few years now so things have probably changed a lot..

found this for skyrim which mentions Skyrim runs at 30fps on xbox

answers.yahoo.com/.../index
  5. NeecHMonkeY Win User

Random fps drops

100FPS is generally a PC thing for the cool kids who don't understand that the human eye/brain can't really discern much of a visual difference after approximately 60fps so they're running their games at higher rates and putting a strain on their hardware
    for something that is barely noticeable.
  6. rma316 Win User

Random fps drops

You can try clearing the in game cache. Holding LB, RB and X at the Bethesda screen until the Press Start screen comes up. That's helped me when I was experiencing drops in the frame rate.
Thema:

1. Random fps drop in games after ram upgrade. - Similar Threads - Random fps drop

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  7. Random FPS Drops In Apex Legends after 20-30 Minutes of play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random FPS Drops In Apex Legends after 20-30 Minutes of play: After playing Apex Legends for 20-30 minutes my fps will drop randomly from 100+ to as low as 14 and then it just fluxuates causing MAJOR stutters and lag. I play on a laptop that used to run Apex...
  8. Random FPS drop on new Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random FPS drop on new Xbox One S: I was playing AC Syndicate (disc) today when suddenly my fps drops down to around 5 fps for a few seconds.(this hasn't happened before) the fps went back to normal after I paused the game and...
  9. Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ...: Morning Everybody, I had a random thought, in general, that in South-Africa we might be forced to into playing games that we dont prefer?. More specifically, to each his own, but to me it comes...
  10. Random brightness on-screen indicator sabotaging FPS in MGS Phantom Pain

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random brightness on-screen indicator sabotaging FPS in MGS Phantom Pain: The Problem: While playing only Metal Gear Phantom Pain, the game's frame rates get destroyed by intermittent instances of the brightness indicator appearing on the screen. I've found that this...