Random brightness on-screen indicator sabotaging FPS in MGS Phantom Pain

Discus and support Random brightness on-screen indicator sabotaging FPS in MGS Phantom Pain in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Problem: While playing only Metal Gear Phantom Pain, the game's frame rates get destroyed by intermittent instances of the brightness indicator... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tao88h, Sep 11, 2015.

1. tao88h
    tao88h Guest

The Problem:

While playing only Metal Gear Phantom Pain, the game's frame rates get destroyed by intermittent instances of the brightness indicator appearing on the screen.

I've found that this problem only occurs when the laptop is plugged in.

I've altered the power settings while gaming to benefit performance above all, even when unplugged. 100% brightness all the time, along with 100% processor speed, etc., etc...

When unplugged the problem disappears, however, after several moments, the fps drops and the color gets leached of dark blacks.

There is no change if I play in bright or dark environment. No change if I cover the sensors. No change when I disable Adaptive Brightness. No change when I disable sensor monitoring through admin system settings.

Does not occur at any other time, during any other usage. Games, heavy work loads, videos, nothing.

Windows is updated. Drivers are updated.

I have not re-downloaded the game. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the game, more a hardware problem.

The charger cable is new and seems to function perfectly normal.

Last but not least, sometimes the problem just goes away, but there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. There is no correlation to location, power outlet used, battery charge level, temperature, background applications running, game settings, system
    settings, time, environmental lighting, game's brightness level, or me yelling and hitting things.

Seemingly minor problem, but it just saps all the fun out of the game. When it occurs, it occurs every 10 seconds or so. Or 20, or 30. Can figure it out. Please help!

:)

tao88h, Sep 11, 2015
  2. jayinatlanta
    jayinatlanta Guest
    What Xbox One game are you most excited for?

Game available on XBO on or near launch day? Forza 5. Later on, MGS: The Phantom Pain should be amazing.

jayinatlanta, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Jazm1990
    Jazm1990 Guest
    Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Deja Vu Mission Not Available

I have the same exact problem and I can't even transfer my data to MGS V Phantom Pain. So frustrating!

Jazm1990, Sep 11, 2015
  4. comptonstar Win User

What games are you all playing?

i still playing MGS Phantom Pain
  5. jayinatlanta Win User

What Xbox One game are you most excited for?

Game available on XBO on or near launch day? Forza 5. Later on, MGS: The Phantom Pain should be amazing.
  6. Legendgenesis Win User

Let's Talk About More Achievements

I think my most recent one I'm super proud of was getting an S rank on all missions in MGS: The Phantom Pain.
  7. Jazm1990 Win User

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Deja Vu Mission Not Available

I have the same exact problem and I can't even transfer my data to MGS V Phantom Pain. So frustrating!
  8. Shaggy2000 Win User

MGS HD

I agree I think all of the MGS games are amazing, however I played Sons of Liberty on the 360 a few years back and I have to say I wish I hadn't, it hasn't aged well.

The controls were really lacking.

When I went back to the Phantom Pain it felt like a breath of fresh air, I wished that they could do a "re-master" of MGS 1 or 2 but using the Phantom Pain engine.
Thema:

1. Random brightness on-screen indicator sabotaging FPS in MGS Phantom Pain - Similar Threads - Random brightness screen

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  6. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  7. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  8. So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my xbox ones randomly switched itself off, waited a min, powered it up, had sound but no...: So my xbox one s randomly switched itself off while in the middle of doing something, so I waited a min, turned it back on... No picture, had sound but no picture, checked hdmi, checked power...
  9. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  10. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...