Questions regarding Xbox Live account and immigrating

Discus and support Questions regarding Xbox Live account and immigrating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I may or may not be immigrating to Canada sometime next year (I currently live in the UK). I wanted to ask, would my UK Xbox Live account still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Uralowl, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Uralowl
    Uralowl Guest

Hi,

So I may or may not be immigrating to Canada sometime next year (I currently live in the UK). I wanted to ask, would my UK Xbox Live account still work in Canada? It'd also be nice to know if my 360 and Xbox One consoles would work out there as well, but
    I assume they would with a converter.

I've purchased a fair amount of digital games and DLC over the past few years, so it'd be a shame to lose them (and to a lesser extent, my achievements). I'm also curious is my Gold membership will still be valid? And would I still be able to access Xbox
    Live online - and play any games online - on my UK account, despite being in Canada?

:)

Uralowl, Mar 20, 2016
  2. MBurdz33
    MBurdz33 Guest
    Anyone know how this would work? (Live related)

Hey everyone, looking for some info regarding xbox live accounts.. seeing as I couldn't find anything helpful on the xbox support page, i thought I'd try here.
    My situation:
    I am currently living away from home (out of the country actually) and will be for the foreseeable future. Im thinking of purchasing a new X1 since i left mine at home with my bro.
    My question is, would I be able to play with or at the same time as my brother using a single Live account? I know if one of us tries to sign into the same GT the other is logged in as, it will ask us if we want to sign out (only 1 GT at a time).
    However, since a gold account is shared on the home xbox. What if my brother signs in with a different GT and I sign in with the original GT( through which Live was bought)?

Second question:
    Can I download and sign into by Xbox Live GT if i'm in a different country?

MBurdz33, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Question Regarding Xbox Live Account

Xbox Community Support Forums Staff:

As I'm sure, a lot of us are currently aware of the issue with Xbox Live Core services at the moment, but I have a question regarding my account. Sometime ago, my brother had contacted support through a phone call and had his account changed to where he didn't
    HAVE TO sign in to Xbox Live in order to play games. My question is this: is it possible for me to change my account to the point of not having to sign in to Xbox Live every time I want to play a game?

I don't play online with other people over the internet that much and I think it would be very beneficial to be able to play the games I love, and not have to sign in all the time just to play a game. If it is possible to only sign in to Xbox Live when
    I want to play online with others, then that would be fantastic!

However, due to the current technical issues with Xbox Live at the moment, I didn't know if I could have this resolved right now or not.

Thank you for your time!

NinjaRocker712, Mar 20, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hi there,

You will be able to migrate your UK account to Canada. Your Gold subscription would transfer too. But make sure to spend all your pounds on file because all local currency stored on the account is lost during the migration to another currency.

Your Xbox One console will work as it's region-free but make sure to get the exact conversion rating on the power that you need to avoid damage.

The Xbox 360 is slightly different as there are differing regions: the UK Xbox is PAL, so will only work with PAL-region discs and downloads (download all your digital games to an external hard drive - the X360 supports a maximum of 2TB - before going out
    there to avoid problems with this). However, Canadian, like USA, discs and downloads are NTSC - some digital titles will be downloadable and will play, but rarely "bigger" games, and virtually no discs will work on the PAL console, so to play Xbox 360 games
    acquired there you would need a new NTSC console.

You would still be able to play online once you get to Canada, but it's easier with a migration.

This page here lays out the migration process in much more detail than I could ever do in a forum post:

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

It also links to the page for performing the actual migration. Also note you should not do this before you get there jsut to avoid problems this could cause. And note that you can only migrate once per three-month period.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

maxen, Mar 20, 2016
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You would actually need to buy the correct official power brick once you are in Canada for both consoles.

You should never use any type of power/voltage converter with your console as it can damage them & is not recommended by Microsoft.

Daft Badger, Mar 20, 2016
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Yes, of course, that's what I should have said, thanks for adding that Badger.

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  7. maxen Win User

Yes, of course, that's what I should have said, thanks for adding that Badger.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

You would actually need to buy the correct official power brick once you are in Canada for both consoles.

You should never use any type of power/voltage converter with your console as it can damage them & is not recommended by Microsoft.
  9. maxen Win User

Hi there,

You will be able to migrate your UK account to Canada. Your Gold subscription would transfer too. But make sure to spend all your pounds on file because all local currency stored on the account is lost during the migration to another currency.

Your Xbox One console will work as it's region-free but make sure to get the exact conversion rating on the power that you need to avoid damage.

The Xbox 360 is slightly different as there are differing regions: the UK Xbox is PAL, so will only work with PAL-region discs and downloads (download all your digital games to an external hard drive - the X360 supports a maximum of 2TB - before going out
    there to avoid problems with this). However, Canadian, like USA, discs and downloads are NTSC - some digital titles will be downloadable and will play, but rarely "bigger" games, and virtually no discs will work on the PAL console, so to play Xbox 360 games
    acquired there you would need a new NTSC console.

You would still be able to play online once you get to Canada, but it's easier with a migration.

This page here lays out the migration process in much more detail than I could ever do in a forum post:

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

It also links to the page for performing the actual migration. Also note you should not do this before you get there jsut to avoid problems this could cause. And note that you can only migrate once per three-month period.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions about this.
  10. DigitalAssassin Win User

Question Regarding Xbox Live Account

Hey there, I'm not sure what you mean by 'didn't have to sign-in to Xbox Live' as you can just remove your internet cable if you don't want to sign-in to live?

Or do you mean you are being prompted to input your email and password every time you start the console? If so, you can change your sign-in preferences to automatic.

To turn the auto sign-in feature on or off, follow these steps:

1.Sign in to Xbox Live.

2.Select Settings, and then select Profile.

3.Select Sign-in Preferences.

4.Select Auto Sign-in, and then make the changes that you want.

From here:
    support.xbox.com/.../disable-auto-sign-in

If I've completely missed the ball, please try and explain yourself a little better.
  11. TEST000005 Win User

Immigration

An online Migration is every 90 days possible. If you want to migrate it back, you could contact the official Support but it would take some weeks anyway.
Thema:

1. Questions regarding Xbox Live account and immigrating - Similar Threads - Questions regarding Live

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  6. Family group question regarding send cash to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family group question regarding send cash to my son: Hi All, please help me I have a family group and I sent £15 to what I thought was my sons profile. It turned out that he had two profiles in the family group, one is dormant and one is active. I...
  7. Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts: Hello Ive recently brought an xbox 360 and im wondering if can log into xbox live using an account which was originally made on xbox one. Ive tried to this before but it didnt let me, can you...
  8. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  9. My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?: Im a South African willing to purchase the Elden Ring Deluxe edition game from your Microsoft Xbox store online and was wondering if the added benefits of the purchaseed game is delivered and how?...
  10. Question regarding opening of Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding opening of Series X: Currently living in Singapore and my Series X warranty has expired for a while now and I'm wondering if it is okay to open up my Series X to clean away the dust. If I do so, am I still eligible...