Question to insiders with access to Chromium Edge regarding web applications and background...

Discus and support Question to insiders with access to Chromium Edge regarding web applications and background... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Installing webapplications as standalone apps? Does the new Chromium Edge support installing sites/webapps as standalone applications, e.g. Twitter or... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TeRmRaN19, Mar 22, 2021.

1. /u/TeRmRaN19
    /u/TeRmRaN19 Guest

Question to insiders with access to Chromium Edge regarding web applications and background...

Installing webapplications as standalone apps?

Does the new Chromium Edge support installing sites/webapps as standalone applications, e.g. Twitter or Pocket Casts as standalone application as if it was an app or game installed on the Xbox through the MS Store?

Background audio playback?

Secondly, does the Chromium Edge support background audio playback, e.g. running media in the background as one does normally via Spotify on the Xbox?

At the moment i use the Podcasted app on Xbox to hear podcasts, but unfortunately it's a cat and mouse game where I need to remember on top of my head which episodes I have listened to and remember timestamp. I use Pocket Casts on Mac, iPhone and Windows as it syncs progress between devices, and it would be perfect if I could use Pocket Casts via background audio playback on the new Edge browser, and it would be even more perfect if it could be installed as standalone application, as if it were installed via the MS Store.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/TeRmRaN19
    [link] [comments]

/u/TeRmRaN19, Mar 22, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

On Firefox and the Microsoft Edge browser (the one that comes with Windows 10, not the new Chromium based Edge that is being tested), I also have issues loading my messages.

However, using Google Chrome or the DEV channel of the Microsoft Edge Insider preview, I can access my messages on the web.

Also check that you do not have script or ad-blocking add ons in your browser, or at least disable them for the Xbox domain.
  3. Sharprake Win User

PLEASE fix the Edge browser on Xbox

Don't worry Xbox is rolling out the new Chromium-Based version of Edge to Xbox insiders so, it's not too long until Edge works faster.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Edge Chromium for Xbox

HI ZX227,

Thanks for your post. We appreciate you coming to the forums with inquiry over Edge Chromium for Xbox One, unfortunately there is no information regarding an official release for Xbox One. If you'd like to see the browser come to the Xbox One console you
    can request this at
    Xbox Requests

For now, this thread will be listed as a discussion since there is no further support that can be offered regarding the Edge Chromium browser on Xbox One platforms.

Thanks for understanding!
  5. ngocphi Win User

I can't download anything on microsoft edge (Xbox one S)

This time, I'll be providing you a step to restore your console to its factory defaults to remove all potentially corrupted files that can interrupt you from using the console’s full potential. Nothing to worry as everything will stay intact, you just need to sign in using your account. No games or apps will be deleted. Make sure you know your emails and password, okay?
    Wait if he's in insiders program he shouldn't be factory reseting his console

The edge he is talking about us insiders build

@op are you in insiders?

The chromium edge is only insiders

The regular public xbox os edge DOESNT suppott downloads and I'm not sure thr chromium does either

You have to ask on regedit

And you should only take steps from regedit insiders not open foruns

And fyi confirmed by xbox insiders

Downloads is NOT supported and not a feature of edge

Only the browsing engine and extensions was added
  6. Azvya Erstevan I Win User

Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error

Apparently it works in Chromium, but not in Edge Browser, ironic
Thema:

1. Question to insiders with access to Chromium Edge regarding web applications and background... - Similar Threads - Question insiders access

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  6. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  7. question about Xbox insider program

in XboX Insiders
    question about Xbox insider program: Hello Xbox Insiders team, I have a question.. I recently joined the "xbox insider program" and currently I see 4 options, 2 games to test (public beta) and 2 software to test, and one of them is...
  8. Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub: So, I want to try out dev mode because it can let me try UWP apps, but I don't know how to know if I'm out of xbox insider hub as I heard it can ruin your Xbox and one time it actually did, my...
  9. Controller Input after insider update question

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Input after insider update question: I was wondering if Xbox insider updates can mess with certain controller inputs especially for all games that let you change your sensitivity. For example I’ve been playing halo infinite and found...
  10. Question about joining insiders.

in XboX Insiders
    Question about joining insiders.: I want to join Insider, but it says I'll have to redo the entire setup again. I live in a family household, so there are multiple accounts on it. Does this mean I will have to gather everyones...