Question: Star Rank for Next Year

Discus and support Question: Star Rank for Next Year in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I thought I was going to end up spending enough to reach Rank 4, but it doesn't look that way. Am I guaranteed to stay Rank 3, or can I go down? How... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Elite1111111111, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Question: Star Rank for Next Year

I thought I was going to end up spending enough to reach Rank 4, but it doesn't look that way. Am I guaranteed to stay Rank 3, or can I go down? How can I tell if I'm going to keep it?

:)

Elite1111111111, Dec 1, 2017
  2. MY VIP Progress reset?

The progress is what resets. You spend money this year, whatever rank you get to is your star rank for the following year. So you were 1 star last year (since you didn't make it to 2 star) and you will keep 1 star this year until you spend enough to earn
    2 stars. However much money you spend this year will increase your star rank and you'll have that rank the following year.

That is how they've done it the last 2 years.

Murphs-A47006C9-2185-475E-9A8D-0764BA5872CE, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Zodiculous
    Zodiculous Guest
    My VIP Rank

Hello, I'm currently a 5 star VIP member earning 10% back for the rest of the year. Last year as I was meeting the spending threshold to earn the 5 star rank, I was able to see the meter fill up and see how much I had left to spend to reach 5 star. If I
    go to the my VIP page on the rewards site it just shows that I'm 5 star, but doesn't give me any indication of how much I've spent this year. I'm assuming that I will need to meet the same spending threshold by December 31st to maintain the 5 star level for
    next year. How do I find out where I'm at for next year's rank if the information is not displayed on the site?

Zodiculous, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You'll want to post in the support section of this forum in order for support to check into it for you. If you spent enough for level 3 between January 1 and now, you will stay at level 3 on January 1. Any progress you have towards level 4 will be reset.

Smwutches, Dec 1, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

You'll want to post in the support section of this forum in order for support to check into it for you. If you spent enough for level 3 between January 1 and now, you will stay at level 3 on January 1. Any progress you have towards level 4 will be reset.
  6. Murphs-A47006C9-2185 Win User

MY VIP Progress reset?

The progress is what resets. You spend money this year, whatever rank you get to is your star rank for the following year. So you were 1 star last year (since you didn't make it to 2 star) and you will keep 1 star this year until you spend enough to earn
    2 stars. However much money you spend this year will increase your star rank and you'll have that rank the following year.

7. Aussietralian Win User

MY VIP Progress reset?

Ranks reset each year, on January 1. You either have to spend the same amount or more each year in order to maintain or raise your star level.

There is no word yet on any changes made to the program in the future.
    It's not that my whole rank was reset, its just that the progress to get my next star was reset. Also why does the "rank" then reset based off what you're saying every year? That's frustrating.

Thank you
  8. Aussietralian Win User

MY VIP Progress reset?

Ok thank you or that, The year before my rank got reset back to 0 from 2 stars as anything that was considered a pre order was removed and all my games were pre ordered. Thank you for clarifying that with me. I really hope pre orders count towards VIP Rank
    as pre ordering now doesn't really make sense for me :(

Thank you,
  9. Smwutches Win User

MyVip Reset

No. VIP ranks reset each year. You have to spend the same, or more, each year to either maintain your star level or move on to the next level. If you spend less, you can drop to a lower level.
Thema:

1. Question: Star Rank for Next Year - Similar Threads - Question Star Rank

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. Phantasy Star Online 2 question on Ship access

in XBoX on Windows
    Phantasy Star Online 2 question on Ship access: Hello, I recently got PSO2 but changed my Xbox Live name shortly after I started - didn't like what I had before. After I did so, I'm unable to sign into the Ship (server) my friend and I are...
  6. Question about my MyVIP Star Rank February promo

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question about my MyVIP Star Rank February promo: Hi There was a promo last month in Xbox Live Rewards where if I spent $175 in February in the Microsoft store on games I would receive my last star in MyVIP Star Rank. The promo stated that...
  7. Star Boost question

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Star Boost question: hi there, I've been buying things along The month so I could upgrade my vip status. 5 mins ago I bought a seasson pass to complete the amount requiered for the upgrade, but when I went to check my...
  8. star progress question/help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    star progress question/help: i spent $1355 on games since joining rewards but only level 3 star 90% to 4 star but thought 4 star mark is 1200$ , is that because it has to be in usd not Canadian dollar?...
  9. Star Trek Online Question about Targeting Recticle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Trek Online Question about Targeting Recticle: In Star Trek Online. Does the targeting recticle actually make any difference in accuracy or damage? I see that phasers fire basically Automatically(meaning I CAN be don't REQUIRE me to hit the...
  10. original xbox platform and star wars dvd question about saving progress

in XBoX on Consoles
    original xbox platform and star wars dvd question about saving progress: Hi yes we really use and love this old platform. Our son has disabilities and he loves about 6 games on xbox original, (though it is LIVE enabled) so, he always has us put in cheats AND the...