Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

Discus and support Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ojasvi Sharma, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether you are connected to or not connected to the home network of the console. However, I was wondering if this same concept also applies to the Xbox PC Remote Play? My Mac network and xbox network will be different for some time and I want to continue remote playing with the PC remote play feature but I wasn’t sure if the remote play feature would work on PC if I wasn’t connected to the same network as the console. Please let me know if I’m right.

:)

Ojasvi Sharma, Aug 16, 2023
  2. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Ojasvi,

I’m Anirban and I’ll be happy to help you.

Yes you can do Xbox PC remote play.

Kind regards
  3. Georges C. Win User

Why doesn’t the audio work on remote play

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Paxton, what kind of device are you doing remote play for, for a PC, or for a mobile device?

Are you doing remote play on the same home network as your home, or would it be from an external network?

Remote play requires a lot of data compression for video and audio, depending on your network type, compression and audio transmission may be compromised for a few moments.
  4. Ryan Rolfes Win User

Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

So remote play away from home is no longer supported? It was working quite fine 3 weeks ago on cellular with my iPad to my home Wi-Fi network. Was there some sort of block put into place? Is there an update coming?
  5. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
  6. CKsjusd Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

All of the sudden I am now experiencing this issue. I have never had problems until today. I haven't tried in over a month. This sucks. Finally wrapped up what I am working on and have some time to play.
Thema:

1. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network - Similar Threads - Question Regarding Remote

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  5. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  6. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  7. Family group question regarding send cash to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family group question regarding send cash to my son: Hi All, please help me I have a family group and I sent £15 to what I thought was my sons profile. It turned out that he had two profiles in the family group, one is dormant and one is active. I...
  8. Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts: Hello Ive recently brought an xbox 360 and im wondering if can log into xbox live using an account which was originally made on xbox one. Ive tried to this before but it didnt let me, can you...
  9. My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?: Im a South African willing to purchase the Elden Ring Deluxe edition game from your Microsoft Xbox store online and was wondering if the added benefits of the purchaseed game is delivered and how?...
  10. Question regarding opening of Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding opening of Series X: Currently living in Singapore and my Series X warranty has expired for a while now and I'm wondering if it is okay to open up my Series X to clean away the dust. If I do so, am I still eligible...