Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

Discus and support Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Bossdad4life442, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your Xbox with your TV remote. It worked great. I bought a new SX and gave my old one to my son. Neither of our consoles have that setting anymore since the last March public build. My OS version is 10.25398.3864(Xbox_flt_2403zn.240306-1700) If I have to join again to that option I might consider it. It is supposed to be under settings then display, device control, then it should be to the right under the CEC control options.

submitted by /u/Bossdad4life442
    [link] [comments]

/u/Bossdad4life442, Apr 9, 2024
  2. xXCamhawkXx Win User

What can UK Xbox Users expect on Day One?

TBH I have only used the One Guide once. It might be more functional with a remote which is available but I am not paying $25 for a TV remove when the one I currently have works fine.
  3. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Xbox Media Remote

Greetings, THE TOON REAPER! Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. Can you tell me a little more about your situation? Are you having trouble using your media remove? Did you follow the instructions here to pair the remote up to your TV:

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote
    ? Standing by. :)
  4. Temhotabot Win User

Xbox 360 S remote

[quote user="iRaydawg"]

Hey guys, I see that some are trying to get the remote to change channels on your tv. Well the media remote only controls the tvs functions of power on/off, volume up/down, mute and TV input.

[/quote]

Then why bother putting number buttons and a channel up/down button on the remote? I'm disappointed that I have to use two remotes for my TV/Xbox.

@Turvey, which remote did you purchase that works on both your TV/Xbox? I have a Philips/White Console.
  5. pjkearney Win User

Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands

Hi Leonzo,

Yes and yes to your questions. Important to note that the last update my console received was on Oct. 16th and that's when I started to experience the issue. I am not sure if that was an Insider's Program update or an overall update for the entire community.

I've been successfully using remote code T1756 per the instructions from the TV manufacturer: https://support.tclusa.com/26534-remote-codes/205958-remote-codes Everything has worked fine until yesterday.

Seeing as a brand-new remote is having the same issues and the OCM remote that came with the TV still works, I'm leaning toward something changing in the console itself as a possible cause.
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

Help

Hey there StonedGrunt!

With the Xbox One console, there is currently no way to remotely remove your account from other consoles. If your chief concern is unauthorized access to your account, we recommend changing your password and/or increasing your account's security settings.
    You can also leave any feedback for being able to remove accounts remotely over on the
    Xbox Feedback site.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.
Thema:

Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

1. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote - Similar Threads - Question guys currently

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Xbox One power mode question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One power mode question: Hi I have Original Xbox One, the old one. There are two options there when it comes to power mode, energy saving and instant on, although the names for these settings probably different now....
  8. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  9. Why do you guys never help and when you do you provide an answer that wasn't the question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you guys never help and when you do you provide an answer that wasn't the question.: I am trying to redeem Xbox play points for a ten dollar gift card. When I did the phone verification it took a half hour for the code to go through so naturally I thought it was a connection issue...
  10. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...