Question: Can you assign custom channel numbers to TV Channels in OneGuide?

Discus and support Question: Can you assign custom channel numbers to TV Channels in OneGuide? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Background: I live in an Area that receives Freeview Light in the UK (Not all of the channels from National Freeview are available. On my FreeviewHD... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fingleberries, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Question: Can you assign custom channel numbers to TV Channels in OneGuide?

Background:

I live in an Area that receives Freeview Light in the UK (Not all of the channels from National Freeview are available. On my FreeviewHD box, I have changed the channel numbers so that the Channels I access most frequently are listed as Channel 1, 2, 3,
    4, etc. on the Freeview Box.

With the new OneGuide functionality in the UK (which looks great, by the way), it assumes that BBC1 SD is channel 1, BBC2 SD is channel 2, RTÉ1 is channel 52, etc. When you select a program from the OneGuide, it just sends the channel number from OneGuide
    (e.g. 52) via IR blaster.

So, if I have moved RTÉ1 on my FreeviewHD box from 52 to 5, OneGuide is unaware of this and tries to change the channel to 52 (even though there's nothing there).

Naturally, OneGuide is unaware of any of the channel order on the FreeviewHD box, it is simply sending out the IR command for the channel number that it assumes is present at the channel it knows.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to change the Channel number associated with TV Channels in OneGuide? If so, how?
    2. If it is not possible, is there way to lodge this as an Enhancement Request with the Xbox team?
    Additional Info:

This request is not only for the convenience of having the OneGuide change to the correct channel, but also if Microsoft is using OneGuide data to gather information about the types of programmes that people are watching, I am going to show
    up as watching lots of "Springwatch with Bill Oddie" - a nature programme on BBC 2 SD - when in fact I have been watching "Champions League Soccer" on RTE2 HD.

If the correct channels are not lined up, then the data that Microsoft will receive will be skewed and therefore they may invest heavily in Nature Programmes for Xbox Originals because it shows as very popular in the 18-45 year old male category.

Many thanks in advance,

F.

:)

Fingleberries, Jun 4, 2014
  2. Rogers on Demand...

Rogers on Demand for free without Roger Customer and without pay bill. You can watch tv with in rogers on demand. Its free.

Xbox 360 app: 20 channel without roger customer

Xbox 360 app: 50 channel within roger customer

Pc app: 50 channel without roger customer

Pc app: 100 channel within roger customer

without roger customer is locked sub and premium.

within roger customer is unlocked sub and premium. (with internet cable from roger box to tv.)

ExpandedBrush0, Jun 4, 2014
  3. longmatt
    longmatt Guest
    What Feature Would You Like To See?

For TV voice commands, the ability to say the channel number instead of the station name, also the ability to say "Xbox previous channel"

longmatt, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Question: Can you assign custom channel numbers to TV Channels in OneGuide?

I've been investigating this further, but not yet found a way for this to be accomplished.

Any ideas, or how can we provide feedback to MS for Enhancement Requests?

Fingleberries, Jun 8, 2014
  5. Fingleberries, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Fingleberries Win User

7. Fingleberries Win User

I've been investigating this further, but not yet found a way for this to be accomplished.

Any ideas, or how can we provide feedback to MS for Enhancement Requests?
  8. ArminatorX Win User

One Guide

Does the OneGuide show little channel numbers in the channel?

If it's like in Germany with satellite TV, it's because the channel numbers are not the same on every set top box.

Some cable networks have a fixed channel order, and OneGuide knows that on channel one, it's "ABC" on channel 2 it's "XYZ" and on channel 3 it's "HBO" and whatever.

However, on satellite TV, it might be because you can order the channels to your own preference, and since OneGuide can't know which order your channels are, they don't offer the possibility to switch, indicated by the channels not having a small grey number
    in the corner.

If OneGuide offers you a TV service with similar channel offerings like DirecTV, then you might try to choose that, and if you see small numbers in the corner, order your channels on your satellite set top box according to the channel ordering of that service.

If you DO have small grey numbers on your channels in OneGuide, make sure your set top box can receive the IR signals sent out by your console.

If you have an original Xbox One (not S or X model), make sure you have a Kinect sensor. Without Kinect, the original Xbox One has no means to send infrared commands.

If you do have a Xbox One S or X with built in IR blaster, take out your smartphone, and activate the camera. Point it to the infrared window of the console, and issue a channel switch command in OneGuide. Observe your camera, and see if the infrared blaster
    is blinking on the console.

if that's the case, make sure the set top box is positioned so, that it can detect the reflected infrared signals.
  9. Theory of Game Win User

Purpose of "Favorites"?

On the right side of the OneGuide, there is a "Favorites" option - this will show the OneGuide with only the channels that you've marked as favorites. You can mix TV channels and app channels, so you get a personalized guide with only the channels you really
    care about.
  10. MisterBalloons Win User

Kinect 2 - CH Requests Jumps to HD ChHs over SD Normal?

Hey Eviltwin,

You can also change the setting to only show HD or SD channels in the OneGuide. Go to Settings> TV & OneGuide settings> OneGuide> Show all HD and SD channels. That will remove any duplicate channels.
Thema:

1. Question: Can you assign custom channel numbers to TV Channels in OneGuide? - Similar Threads - Question assign custom

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Xbox One power mode question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One power mode question: Hi I have Original Xbox One, the old one. There are two options there when it comes to power mode, energy saving and instant on, although the names for these settings probably different now....
  8. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  9. Xbox one console making question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one console making question: I got this xbox one in Illinois in the United states and read the manufacturing date and saw it said 2013-10-03 and I don't get how that works can someone please explain...
  10. Repair and services question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repair and services question: When you send a product like a controller in for repair with its controller box does Microsoft return back the controller in the box you sent it in with? Just asking because I'm sending out my...