Question about Xbox Live account. (Information and advice)

Discus and support Question about Xbox Live account. (Information and advice) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I recently made this post in the forum 09 - Xbox 360 Account Suspensions & Console Bans But after sending a PM to one Enforcement Team Member... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SoulBelmont64, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Question about Xbox Live account. (Information and advice)

Hello. I recently made this post in the forum

09 - Xbox 360 Account Suspensions & Console Bans
    But after sending a PM to one Enforcement Team Member and make a public post, like this one, I read this on the FAQ of the forum.

• Do not post statements or threats of legal action
      or other legal inquiries.
      These cannot be addressed via this forum.
    I think I made a mistake doing this action on that forum and PM an Enforcement Team Member, I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

I would like to ask you a question directly and make up my mind. It's a long story so I want to say to you "Thanks in advance" for read my message.

Please take note I am not a native english speaker, but I have english knowledge. I will try to explain my situation the best I can. Sorry if I make grammar mistakes or if I make sentences without so much sense.

I am a new user of XBL. My account was created last Monday (06/22/2015) . I needed to call the XBL customer service here in Spain , whose telephone number is 900 948 952 because I had issues to connect my Xbox 360 to Internet. They assisted me the best they
    can and also they offered to help me in my account creation . Finally I could connect my console to Internet.

Because of they offered to assist me, I wanted to confirm that all my data was correct. They confirmed me that indeed all data was correct and that I was prepared to enjoy XBL service from now on.

I am very excited because in my opinion, I realized that is the BEST place to play. Many many reasons: customer care, the way that XBL deals with cheaters, our politics... In short. ALL.

Because I am literally a newbie here, I had an issue with my account. I was checking all the options that XBL service offer to their users and I wanted to check out the "Cloud storage" . Because of I had no idea about how the system works, I uploaded and
    deleted around 5 times the data of my first game (Lost Planet 2) and I checked out the option works excellent.

Then I called again Xbox Live customer service to have more references about "Cloud Storage" and they say me all the data is stored in Microsoft servers, so I can't lose any data. 15 minutes later I was worried because of that constants uploads and deletes.
    I am a perfectionist person and I read "Terms of Use" , "Code of Conduct" and "Console Ban" texts in enterity before accept.

Here I have a statement that I got of the terms of use that made me think about this:

• Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Services)
    Because of that, I was worried about the word "Overburden" , considering the actions that I did previously (those constants uploads and deletes) , so I called so many times XBL customer service and I used the online chat feature here on this web. All of
    them said me that I do not need to worry because this is a feature that Microsoft offers to their users and as a user, you have free to manage this. (In the MOST professional way that I have ever seen, I am just AMAZED with your Customer Service, they even
    send me a link to Enforcement page to check out all the things that could make you get an account suspension)

The point is I am a hardcore gamer, so I give the word "Gaming" and all things connected like this (accounts) a huge importance.

Due to I called customer service so many times and they opened a lot of incidences and also I was very repetitive in each call asking about this (I asked the employee in the last call 3 times if that action could make me my account suspended because of the
    obsessive importance that I give to all things connected with Gaming like I previously said to you) . I know that this does not make sense but I can't avoid to think that my account is not "100% safe" . I started my way on XBL on Monday, I only have 180G
    and I wouldn't mind to cancel this account and make another. I read this on Terms of Use:

6.10. Canceling the Services. You may cancel the Services at any time, with or without cause. Information and direction on how to cancel your Services is provided on the Billing and Account Management website
    [(ii) you may be obligated to pay cancellation charges]

Am I forced to pay these charges? I only have a Xbox Live Gold Membership associated with my account. I know that you are not able to tranfer your Xbox Live Gold membership from an account to another. I would not mind buying it again and ensure my complete
    tranquility.

But now I have 4 questions:

1- If I cancel my account I lose my right to access Xbox Live forever with this system, as if it were a ban or can I regain access to the services with a new account? .

2- If I can make another here is a statement which has massive importance (I read this in the Code of Conduct) Trying to avoid suspension by creating alternate new accounts may result in the permanent suspension of the new user account and a possible
    escalation of punishment to the original account, all related accounts and any device you are using to connect to the service.

Do I need to send proofs or something else or the enforcement team will check out this account and all the activity to ensure that I didn't do anything that can be against the rules?

3- Can Microsoft ban my new account for taking the decision to create it in my desire for perfection (the customer service didn't recommend me to do this) or as set out in 6.10 of the usage rules I have full right to do this with or without cause?

4- If I do the order to cancel my account , XBL does not remove the account permanently until 60 days after. Is it possible to register a new account with a different email but again containing all personal data that this account has (which
    is previously shut down) or should I wait 60 days because of data coincidences (something like multiples accounts detected on the system) ? .

I would call again customer service to assist me in my acount cancellation and I would give them the new e-mail associated with my new account if it's necessary to prove that I am not trying to make a new account in order to avoid a suspension like I previously
    said. They would have my credentials, but this time without a bunch of incidences related with the same problem and right now that I know how to use perfectly the services I would finally rest completely assured.

Thanks A LOT again to take your time to read this huge message.

I wait patiently your reply

Greetings and have a nice day.

:)

SoulBelmont64, Jun 27, 2015
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    This is bull

Greetings angelic!

The best advice I could give you is to
    contact Xbox LIVE support
    , regarding questions about online account creation for children under age 13, associated with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).

More information;
    Why does Microsoft charge me when I create an account for my child?

taidara, Jun 27, 2015
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Jun 27, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

1. Yes you can create another account and use Live on the same console

2. That is in reference to if youhave been banned already on one account and are trying to create new accounts to dodge the first ban. That has nothing to do with your situation.

3. No. They will not ban you for creating a new account

4. Yes you can register a new account with the same personal information.

As long as you playthe games as they are intended and don't cheat, mod, swear, or anything like that, you have nothing to worry about.

Smwutches, Jun 27, 2015
  5. Thanks A LOT to reply to me in such a very professional way. Really appreciated.

SoulBelmont64, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

1. Yes you can create another account and use Live on the same console

2. That is in reference to if youhave been banned already on one account and are trying to create new accounts to dodge the first ban. That has nothing to do with your situation.

3. No. They will not ban you for creating a new account

4. Yes you can register a new account with the same personal information.

As long as you playthe games as they are intended and don't cheat, mod, swear, or anything like that, you have nothing to worry about.
  7. SoulBelmont64 Win User

Thanks A LOT to reply to me in such a very professional way. Really appreciated.
  8. taidara Win User

This is bull

Greetings angelic!

The best advice I could give you is to
    contact Xbox LIVE support
    , regarding questions about online account creation for children under age 13, associated with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).

More information;
    Why does Microsoft charge me when I create an account for my child?
  9. LIL Lew x Hew Win User

I need to get my e-mail by gametag

Hey There.

The best possible advice to find information about your account would be to go to Xbox support and tell them about the problem with your account only they can pull up info for accounts

Best Regards :(
  10. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Two Email Addresses and One Gamertag

Hey Finny,

I suggest taking a look at the
    Change Xbox Live account information
    article.

There's a lot of information about changing email-addresses for LIVE Accounts in there.

Second, there is no option to replace your Gamertag. You will have to change your Gamertag which costs money.

If you have any further questions, please let us know =)
Thema:

1. Question about Xbox Live account. (Information and advice) - Similar Threads - Question Live account

2. How can I submit a account recovery form with a live agent without a specific question or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I submit a account recovery form with a live agent without a specific question or...: The initial problem is that my microsoft account was hacked and the email was changed, I needed to go to the "I think my account has been compromised/hacked" section and I need to plug in my...
  3. Question regarding banned Xbox Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding banned Xbox Live account: Good evening, I was wondering why this account was banned about 8 years ago, I honestly can't remember why and I'd like to know. Is also a way to unban it? I am planning of buying an Xbox console...
  4. XBOX Live account suspension question

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live account suspension question: This is my first ban on xbox, it says its over communications, the first one occured on the 24th, and was until Dec 31st. So on Dec 31st I tried to start a party chat with my cousin, but it wont...
  5. Question about adding a credit card to my xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about adding a credit card to my xbox live account: So my xbox live account is french but im from morocco so my credit card is based on morocco. Will i have some problems if i add a moroccan creddit card to a french xbox live account ? When i want...
  6. Question Regarding Xbox Live Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Xbox Live Account: Xbox Community Support Forums Staff: As I'm sure, a lot of us are currently aware of the issue with Xbox Live Core services at the moment, but I have a question regarding my account. Sometime...
  7. Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account: This situation I have is very (as far as I know) unique to me and I'm on a deadline (which is explained in this post) so a quick reply is most appreciated. The email I used to make my Microsoft...
  8. Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dumb question....I'm new to the xbox live for 360 and want to add a child account: I can't find any directions or FAQ's on actually how to do this. Any step by step instructions are appreciated. 7e013b84-1b6d-4c49-b1fc-fe697faa5063
  9. 2nd Xbox 360, digital purchases question with xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd Xbox 360, digital purchases question with xbox live account: I'm getting a 2nd xbox 360 console for another room so the kids can play other games while I play my games.. If I load my profile onto both systems and also load my kids profiles as well.. Can...
  10. Xbox Live account question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live account question: I recently purchased an Xbox 360 (private kijiji sale) and signed up for a new xbox live standard account when I got it home. is there an expiry on the account? or is it like PSN and the Live...