Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

Discus and support Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This situation I have is very (as far as I know) unique to me and I'm on a deadline (which is explained in this post) so a quick reply is most... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NeoSpearBlade, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

This situation I have is very (as far as I know) unique to me and I'm on a deadline (which is explained in this post) so a quick reply is most appreciated.

The email I used to make my Microsoft account and Xbox LIVE profile is gonna be shut down on the 15th this month so I created a new email and a new Microsoft account last Saturday. From this point on, I'll refer to
    old Microsoft account as the account that has my Xbox LIVE profile and
    new Microsoft account as the account I want to move my Xbox LIVE profile to.

After creating a new Microsoft account, I was getting an error telling me that the switch cannot be done at this moment. I was frustrated getting this as I thought the change would be quick after creating the account but I now recently realized
    that I have to wait 30 days before I can switch accounts. OK, that's all well and good but my old email will be shut down on the 15th and by the time April 7th comes, the email will cease to exist.

So my question is the following: Once that old email becomes deactivated, will I still be able to login to my
    old Microsoft account, therefore still able to use my Xbox LIVE profile? I'm asking this because I'm unsure what will happen once that old email of mine gets deactivated. The only negative I can think of is that I won't receive emails from
    Xbox.com but I'm not sure if this is correct, which is why I'm asking.

Once again, a quick reply before the 15th is most appreciated.

:)

NeoSpearBlade, Mar 10, 2015
  2. Move XBOX Live Account from one email address to another

Hi there,

I want to move my gamer profile from an old email address to my primary Microsoft account. I mistakenly created a new XBOX 360 account for my primary Microsoft account. When I try to move the account on the XBOX 360 It says it cant move the account as its
    already associated with another XBOX live account. So my question is, can I delete the new XBOX Live account I created for my primary Microsoft account?

Thanks

Ian

HumorousBump1, Mar 10, 2015
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to Download, Move or Delete Xbox Live Profiles

You need to download, move or delete your Xbox Live profile in certain circumstances. If you want to play on multiple consoles of your own or of your friends, you will have to download or move your Xbox Live profile from one console to another.

In addition, you might need to download the Xbox Live profile for the following reasons:

• You deleted you Xbox live profile by mistake.
    • You need to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
    • You want to use your existing Zune or Games for Windows account instead of creating a new account.

You can also move your profile to the other consoles using a USB flash drive.

How to download Your Xbox Live Profile

You can easily download your Xbox Live gamertag to a console by following a few easy steps:

• Press the larger X button in the center of your controller which will lead you to the Xbox Guide.
    • Select Download Profile to start download. If your do not find this option, sign out of your profile by pressing X.
    Enter the user ID of your Microsoft account (Windows Live ID) which is associated with your Xbox Live gamertag and then enter the password. Select the desired storage drive to save the profile.

Note: A Microsoft account is essential for signing in to any Microsoft services like Xbox Live. You have to provide your parent’s Microsoft account information to download the profile if your account is an Xbox Live child account.

You can save your "Microsoft account" password on the console, so that you don't need to provide it to sign into your profile again. The Remember Password option is off by default. It is better to save the password on your own console not to be asked to enter the password again and again at the time of singing into your profile. If you are using a console that is not yours, you may want to leave the Remember Password option off (unchecked).

Now you should be able to sign in with your gamertag on the console.

**If per chance you did opt to check the Remember Password option on someone else's console, your password can be remotely removed off of that console. Check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to move your profile to another console

You can easily move your profile to another console using a USB flash drive or Xbox Memory unit following these steps:
    • First off, plug a USB flash drive or an original Xbox 360 Memory Unit into your console.
    • Go to the Settings option to select storage and then select All Devices.
    • Select Gamer Profiles and Press Move.
    • You need to select the USB Storage Device or Memory Unit
    After performing the above successfully, remove the memory unit or USB flash drive and insert it into the console on which you want to move your profile. You are required to enter your Microsoft account password which ensures the security of your account.

After playing on another console, if you want to move it to previous console, remove the USB flash drive or Memory unit and take it back to the original console and repeat the steps above.

**You will be asked for your Microsoft account password when you move your profile to a different console. This is to protect you and your account if the device is ever stolen. If you want to find out more, check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to delete a gamer profile

You can delete unused profiles following few steps:

• Go to Settings to select system.
    • Select Storage
    • Go to All Devices and select Gamer Profiles.
    • Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    • Press delete.
    Note: You can delete the profiles only or you can delete both the profiles and items (the associated saved games and achievements).

kevin, Mar 10, 2015
  4. TrippIE
    TrippIE Guest

Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

If you can verify through that email before it is closed I would suggest to follow these instructions. If you not you will have to wait to change it unfortunately.

How to Change Microsoft Account Email Address

Sincerely,

TrippIE, Mar 10, 2015
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it. If your email expires you should still be able to log into your gamertag on the console but it will prove difficult if you have to change consoles or anything else with the account.

What I would recommend is contact phone support and explain the situation to them. So long as you can prove the account is currently yours they may be able to help you out with an early change. If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

onyxishere, Mar 10, 2015
  6. @TrippIE

That link you provided was actually the first thing I wanted to know if it was possible; change the email address on an existing Microsoft account. I gave up looking for a way to do this because during my searches, I kept getting a message that if I want
    to change the email address, you can't so make a new account instead.

It sucks that I had to post here to find out you CAN change the email address. This means that the new Microsoft account I now have is completely pointless.

Thanks for the link, though.

@onyx62is

I'm not planing to change consoles in the near future so I'm good in that regard.

Contacting them to help me is a nice alternative but I don't live in the US. I live in Puerto Rico. While it's part of US territory, I'm not sure if that number applies to me.

Thanks for the replies! I'm not counting this as answered though, I'm about to do these suggested courses of action so I'll post an update once my account is secured.

NeoSpearBlade, Mar 11, 2015
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    @xboxsupport says that the number is the same (1-800-469-9269) so give that one a try to see if it works for you.

onyxishere, Mar 11, 2015
  8. Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

Well, an update.

Adding an alias to my account doesn't work as the email I entered is "already taken" which is to be expected as said email is what I used to make the new Microsoft account.

So, the only thing left to do is call Xbox support and hope for the best (thanks for letting me know that the number is valid) but since I now know that I can safely sign in to Xbox LIVE even once the old email gets deactivated, I have to take care of a
    similar situation on YouTube first before I call Xbox support.

Mind you, this situation is important to me but I have to take care of that first.

I'll post again once I have an update.

NeoSpearBlade, Oct 31, 2018
  9. NeoSpearBlade Win User

@TrippIE

That link you provided was actually the first thing I wanted to know if it was possible; change the email address on an existing Microsoft account. I gave up looking for a way to do this because during my searches, I kept getting a message that if I want
    to change the email address, you can't so make a new account instead.

It sucks that I had to post here to find out you CAN change the email address. This means that the new Microsoft account I now have is completely pointless.

Thanks for the link, though.

@onyx62is

I'm not planing to change consoles in the near future so I'm good in that regard.

Contacting them to help me is a nice alternative but I don't live in the US. I live in Puerto Rico. While it's part of US territory, I'm not sure if that number applies to me.

Thanks for the replies! I'm not counting this as answered though, I'm about to do these suggested courses of action so I'll post an update once my account is secured.
  10. onyxishere Win User

@xboxsupport says that the number is the same (1-800-469-9269) so give that one a try to see if it works for you.
  11. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. If your email expires you should still be able to log into your gamertag on the console but it will prove difficult if you have to change consoles or anything else with the account.

What I would recommend is contact phone support and explain the situation to them. So long as you can prove the account is currently yours they may be able to help you out with an early change. If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269
  12. TrippIE Win User

13. NeoSpearBlade Win User

Well, an update.

Adding an alias to my account doesn't work as the email I entered is "already taken" which is to be expected as said email is what I used to make the new Microsoft account.

So, the only thing left to do is call Xbox support and hope for the best (thanks for letting me know that the number is valid) but since I now know that I can safely sign in to Xbox LIVE even once the old email gets deactivated, I have to take care of a
    similar situation on YouTube first before I call Xbox support.

Mind you, this situation is important to me but I have to take care of that first.

I'll post again once I have an update.
Thema:

1. Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Question Waiting Period

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  4. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  5. Xbox Series X booup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X booup question: Hey guys! My Xbox Series X has stsrted on something wierd, and i dont rly know if it's normal. So i ask here. When i either booting up or restarting my Xbox Series X, so first will the loading...
  6. A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox: I have heard the whole issue of a few Japanese game developers not releasing their games on Xbox, and that makes me disappointed, most notably, Square-Enix neglected to make a port of Final...
  7. question about Xbox insider program

in XboX Insiders
    question about Xbox insider program: Hello Xbox Insiders team, I have a question.. I recently joined the "xbox insider program" and currently I see 4 options, 2 games to test (public beta) and 2 software to test, and one of them is...
  8. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  9. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  10. Just got a quick question and don't really want to wait in line for Xbox support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got a quick question and don't really want to wait in line for Xbox support: I have a few accounts on my Xbox and one has Xbox live. I've set the Xbox to "the home Xbox" for the account with Xbox live thinking everyone can use Xbox live but it doesn't work. Like let's say...