Question about sharing & home xbox

Discus and support Question about sharing & home xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I Just purchased a Xbox Series X today. We already have an existing Xbox One S in the home. I understand the concept of the home xbox and that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Symphony_777, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Symphony_777
    Symphony_777 Guest

I Just purchased a Xbox Series X today. We already have an existing Xbox One S in the home.

I understand the concept of the home xbox and that anything on the home xbox can be played by any profile. I also understand that only the owner of the game will be able to sign in on the non home xbox to play their games.

The intention is to keep the Xbox One S as the home Xbox. My question is, if I purchase a game whether it be on disc or a digital version, does this have to be installed on the home Xbox first under my profile? Can I redeem/install new games on the new Xbox Series X on my account without issue first and at a later date then install them on the home xbox? The Xbox Series X would not be the home Xbox. Can someone clarify?

:)

Symphony_777, Nov 10, 2022
  2. medium bloke Win User

Question about home sharing

Yes, if you don't own the games on your profile (I.E, they are his games), then you will not be able to play them.
  3. Symphony_777 Win User

Do still need some clarification. I will try to be very specific.

Xbox One S = home xbox. Profiles A (mine), profile B, profile C

Xbox Series x = new xbox. Profile A will use this only. The intention is to not designate this as a home xbox for any user.

If I purchase a digital game on my profile A and install it on the Xbox Series X first, does this stop me installing it at a later date on the home xbox. If 2 or 3 months pass and I then install the game on the home xbox, will profile B and profile C also have access?
  4. ngocphi Win User

First question no it does not have to be installed on the series x but you will have to sign in online ro access ir on the series x

2 yes it doesn't matter HOwever disk games can't Be shared because the disk is raw confirmation that you own the game

3 no it doesn't not affect home console unless you change your home console

If I missed a question j ir need more clarification ust ask again I think I addressed it all
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you purchase a game on profile A, it will automatically be set to install on the Home console, but you can still install it on the non-Home console. It ultimately doesn't matter where the game is installed first. The purchase can be installed, removed, reinstalled at any time on the Home console and the other accounts will have access.
  6. CuriousMage9649 Win User

Question about sharing your home xbox.

My bro has xbox1 and I made an account and it shares his gold live so am I able to download that account to ly 360 and have live also?
Thema:

1. Question about sharing & home xbox - Similar Threads - Question sharing home

2. Game share question!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game share question!: So I have the Xbox x and want to game share to my old Xbox one in the same house . I’ve created a new profile for the old Xbox to game share. How do we setup so we can both play fc24 the same time...
  3. Xbox Family Game Pass Sharing Question

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Family Game Pass Sharing Question: Hi! Does anyone know if and when Microsoft will offer Xbox family game pass sharing? I know they were testing it but I haven’t heard any updates. Thanks submitted by /u/roccoj86 [link] [comments]
  4. My question is how do I restrict game sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    My question is how do I restrict game sharing: OKI need help. I got an Xbox One S and my problem is with game sharing. My friend was game sharing Call of Duty off of my account. And then he sold his Xbox and now I can't play Call of Duty...
  5. Hi, i have a question on why I cant share my Clips even though they’re uploaded to the xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, i have a question on why I cant share my Clips even though they’re uploaded to the xbox...: My clips say they’re uploaded to the xbox network but it wont let me share them to any of my friends. Can you help? dc1bb65e-8f41-4ed8-95d1-8bee962774d7
  6. A question about share a count with my friend

in XboX Insiders
    A question about share a count with my friend: i want to share my count with my friend for us play each other games and share the gamepass ultimate, the question that i have is that if we can play a game on the game pass simultaneously the...
  7. Game Pass Ultimate: Share across 1 PC and 1 console (Yet another Game Pass Sharing question)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate: Share across 1 PC and 1 console (Yet another Game Pass Sharing question): Hello, I have read several contradicting answers in this forum regarding sharing a Game Pass subscription within the family. My setup is also slightly different from previous questions, so here...
  8. Game Pass & Game Share question (Ultimate)

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass & Game Share question (Ultimate): Hey, I joined GPU back in the beta stage mid May and I have a friend's Xbox linked as my home, it's been a while since he used and updated his console until today, he has updated now (slim model...
  9. Destiny 2 game share question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 game share question: I have had destiny 2 for a long while now because my friend and I game shared and I got it off of him. Now that expansion pack is out we really want to play it together and were successfully able...
  10. Xbox family share question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox family share question: Hi there - already visited help pages concerning family share but still have two questions: I have a One since a long time with me as parent and various child accounts on it. A few days ago I...