Question about pre-order and account balance billing.

Discus and support Question about pre-order and account balance billing. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So I have a substantial amount sitting in my account balance thanks to credits. I understand that they only immediately get used on pre-orders if it's... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Griffin11287, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Griffin11287
    Griffin11287 Guest

So I have a substantial amount sitting in my account balance thanks to credits. I understand that they only immediately get used on pre-orders if it's the full amount of the item. My question is, if I listed account balance as a partial payment method
    at the time of the pre-order and it's still in my account when the billing occurs, will the pre-order payment take from my account balance first, then get the remainder from the secondary payment method I selected at the time of the order? Thanks!

:)

Griffin11287, Jul 1, 2017
  2. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Microsoft Wallet funds

It depends on which payment method you chose when pre-ordering that game. If you used the Microsoft account balance the money is taken instantly, and if you chose your bank account it will take the money about ~10 days before the game releases.

Check this page to see if the pre-order was indeed cancelled:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders#/

Check here to see your Microsoft account balance:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments

And if it was, and no money was taken out, and that says the pre-order was cancelled, you will need to pre-order again or wait until the game comes out.

For further help please contact xbox support.
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

ChiefJoboo, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Forza Horizon 4 payment

You would need to contact support and speak to billing for assistance. Contact Us | Xbox Support

When you pre-order a game with a credit card or Paypal, you're not actually charged until about 10 days before release. Payment is only taken immediately if you pre-order with your Microsoft account balance.

Smwutches, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Since this is not a Rewards program issue, this is the incorrect forum. You can find more information about preordering here - Pre-Order Games | Xbox One Games
    Basically if you do a split payment, you won't be charged until right before the game is released, so neither your account nor your card would be charged yet.

Smwutches, Jul 2, 2017
  5. Griffin11287
    Griffin11287 Guest
    Apologies. Thanks for the answer, though!

Griffin11287, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Since this is not a Rewards program issue, this is the incorrect forum. You can find more information about preordering here - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/pre-order-faq
    Basically if you do a split payment, you won't be charged until right before the game is released, so neither your account nor your card would be charged yet.
  7. Griffin11287 Win User

Since this is not a Rewards program issue, this is the incorrect forum. You can find more information about preordering here - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/pre-order-faq
    Apologies. Thanks for the answer, though!
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Can somebody explain this billing charge to me please?

At the time you made the pre order as you split the payment no charge would have been taken, they charge 10 days before release. Maybe you spent some of your account balance after you made the pre order and now they charged extra to make up for that shortfall
    between your account balance and the cost of the game.

When will I be billed for my game?

If you used account credit only to pre-order your game, your balance will be taken immediately. If you used a credit card, or split your payment between credit card and account balance, you will be charged around 10 days before the game launches.

If your account balance is lower than the amount you authorized for pre-order billing, the remainder will be taken from your credit card. You’ll receive an email to your billing account confirming that the remaining card payment was collected successfully,
    and the game will be available for you to play on the day it launches.

The original email receipt you received would have been based on your account balance at that time of pre ordering. The new email will be based on your account balance at the time they charged for the pre order.

Hopefully that makes sense.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Microsoft Wallet funds

It depends on which payment method you chose when pre-ordering that game. If you used the Microsoft account balance the money is taken instantly, and if you chose your bank account it will take the money about ~10 days before the game releases.

Check this page to see if the pre-order was indeed cancelled:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders#/

Check here to see your Microsoft account balance:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments

And if it was, and no money was taken out, and that says the pre-order was cancelled, you will need to pre-order again or wait until the game comes out.

For further help please contact xbox support.
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  10. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Modern warfare 2 pre-order

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out to the Xbox Forums.

If you used account credit to pre-order your game, your balance will be taken immediately. If you used a credit card, any external payment that is not already in your account or split your payment between credit card and account balance, you’ll be charged around 10 days before the game launches.

If your account balance is lower than the amount you authorized for pre-order billing, the remainder will be taken from your credit card. You’ll receive an email to your billing account confirming that the remaining card payment was collected successfully, and the game will be available for you to play on the day it launches.

You can get answers to your pre-order questions using our support article: Pre-order Xbox digital games in the Microsoft Store | Xbox Support

Thanks,

Hayabusa
Thema:

1. Question about pre-order and account balance billing. - Similar Threads - Question pre order

2. Pre-order question??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-order question??: So I have preordered a game and it has an early access release date with it. Now most games that you preorder will charge you 10 days before the game is released, but since this game has an early...
  3. Question about Starfield pre-order

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Starfield pre-order: Hi, Starfield pre orders are live and I saw there is premium edition upgrade with 5 days early access and so if I pre order premium edition upgrade will I get 5 days early access if I have Game...
  4. Fifa 22 Pre order question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa 22 Pre order question: Hi guys, I pre ordered Fifa 22 Ultimate edition a while ago to get the pre order benefits, but on my games it says i have only pre ordered the standard edition. Do i get the ultimate edition...
  5. Xbox Series X pre-order arrival question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Series X pre-order arrival question: If I order the Xbox series X on Microsoft's site will it arrive on launch day? I live in a major city in Canada. I would like to know if ordering through Microsoft or some other online retailer...
  6. Quick question about the pre order I ordered the bundle in MW I bought it thinking i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quick question about the pre order I ordered the bundle in MW I bought it thinking i...: I purchased the Call of Duty MW2 Campaign Remstsrted from the Modern Warfare store which also came with a bundle for $19.99 It says buy bundle, I clicked that, MW2 Remstastered shows up in my game...
  7. International Pre-Order Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    International Pre-Order Question: Hello, I am a resident of the United States, who is considering pre-ordering Borderlands 3 digitally from the Xbox store. However, I will be in Australia for around a month before and a month...
  8. Question regarding pre-order credits AFTER transition to Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question regarding pre-order credits AFTER transition to Microsoft Rewards: If I'm reading the information correctly, in-game currency still won't count for dollars spent for rewards credits, but pre-orders will once the payment goes through under Microsoft rewards. Is...
  9. Pre-order PunchCard Mission Question

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Pre-order PunchCard Mission Question: Greetings, I pre-ordered Call of Duty WW2 prior to the new punch card mission showing that title included. I have not earned ny prior mission rewards from this pre-order and I wanted to see if it...
  10. Pre Order Error/Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre Order Error/Question: I pre ordered Destiny 2, but the credit card was declined. So I was wondering if I could still get the pre order bonuses. I also bought the digital deluxe version launch day, so yeah I just really...