Question about Next Gen game swap

Discus and support Question about Next Gen game swap in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sgt Miffy, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Sgt Miffy
    Sgt Miffy Guest

So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it will give me a free upgrade which makes it swap to next gen graphics when it happens or do I have to pay for the next gen even tho I already own it before the next gen swap.

(I really don't want to pay for it again)

:)

Sgt Miffy, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Sgt Miffy Win User

God dammit that make me pissed, but i thought RDR1 had a free one?
  3. CountingDown27 Win User

I wouldn't take anything as being news as I am not sure Rockstar have even said anything about there being a next gen upgrade. I believe it all stems from a leaked Microsoft Executive email from early Summer last year where it showed they were expecting it to come....however, they were expecting it late last year.

The question is whether it would be worth it for R* financially...sure, there is a substantial playerbase but whether that is enough to cover the cost of upgrading it is debatable. With GTAV it was a no-brainer given that game is still bringing in millions (hundreds of?) of dollars every year
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

rockstar has consistently charged for generational upgrades, so I would assume this would be the same if it were to happen
  5. ngocphi Win User

**** is the point in making an external hard drive $100+

No as you need something 10x faster than your external hdd

As mentioned by sword your hdd is exponent slower

Not a couple.mbPS

You are talking about 500mbps behind 5.buses vs 4.8gbps with 12 paths to the cpu gpu and memory

Next gen consoles games require next gen storage.

Either rely on older.xbox one games or non patched games or keep swapping them out

MS.didn't lie nor.did sony this is widely known next gen games require newer storage

Next gen games uses the compression processor and direct access to.the cpu and GPU and memory
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Possibility of getting a next gen console via ShopTo early?

I thought you were buying your console from game and wanting to straight swap Ghosts for next gen version. You only get the straight swap when you buy your console from them
Thema:

1. Question about Next Gen game swap - Similar Threads - Question Next Gen

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question: When someone has a headset icon next to their gamer tag, I understand that this is an indicator that they're in an xbox party, that checks out. However, there are times when people have that icon...
  8. Next generation question

in XboX Insiders
    Next generation question: Will Xbox Scarlett have fasters boot up times than all the Xboxes from the Xbox Family? submitted by /u/ExtraHalo736479 [link] [comments]
  9. Question: Star Rank for Next Year

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question: Star Rank for Next Year: I thought I was going to end up spending enough to reach Rank 4, but it doesn't look that way. Am I guaranteed to stay Rank 3, or can I go down? How can I tell if I'm going to keep it?...
  10. Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...: Hi! So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it. Anyways so now that I am getting an Xbox One (by the end of the year,...