Question about my Series X controller for PC:

Discus and support Question about my Series X controller for PC: in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had it for less than 6 months. I put new batteries in, re-synced the controller, updated the firmware, did the classic turn on and off but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ali403, Sep 24, 2023.

1. ali403
    ali403 Guest

Had it for less than 6 months. I put new batteries in, re-synced the controller, updated the firmware, did the classic turn on and off but still randomly disconnects, flashes then reconnects multiple times while using the controller. What is going on? Is the controller a defect??

:)

ali403, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi ali403,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

I'm aware that you're having problems with your Series X controller for PC, which is randomly disconnecting. I am here to help and let us both isolate the issue.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, it's possible that the controller may be defective. However, before we jump to any conclusions, I would recommend trying a few more steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, try using the controller with a different device to see if the issue persists. If it does, then it's likely that the controller is having a hardware problem, and you may need a replacement.

If the issue only occurs when using the controller with your PC, then it's possible that there may be an issue with the Bluetooth connection. Try moving your PC closer to the controller or removing any potential sources of interference, such as other wireless devices or metal objects.

Power cycle your console:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console’s power cable and wait for 2 minutes. Plug the power cable back in and press the Xbox button to turn it on again. Check if the issue persists. See How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support.

Factory reset:

If the previous steps didn’t resolve the issue, you can try doing a factory reset while keeping your games and apps. This will refresh the console and remove any potential bugs without deleting your game data. To do this, go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info on your console and select Reset console. Choose the option to keep your games and apps. See How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi ali403,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. SvenTheDragon Win User

Next Gen Consoles

Thank you!

also, I have another question that I forgot to add to the original post:

Will Xbox one controllers work with the Series x and Series s? I'm thinking about getting a new controller because my current one is pretty old.

one last question: do controllers bought from the Design Lab have headphone jacks on the bottom?

Thank you so much!

-Sven
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x and laptop gaming

If you want to play PC games then you need to play them on your PC. If your PC isn't good enough then you'll need to buy one that is. You can't play PC games on a Series X.

Both my self assembled PC gaming tower and my Series X are connected to my new LG C2 OLED. I use either my Xbox Series X controller or my 8bitdo Pro+ for most single player PC games. You're not restricted to keyboard and mouse for PC games for the most part.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition on XBOX + MSFS2020

Hi Philippe. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thrustmaster's website states that these controls are compatible with Xbox Series S/X and PC. They are also supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Question about my Series X controller for PC: - Similar Threads - Question Series controller

2. question about xbox series s usb port

in XBoX on Windows
    question about xbox series s usb port: Hello Microsoft, I have a question about the Xbox Series S device. My problem or question is when I connect the Xbox device to electricity, I feel when I touch the USB port I feel the presence of...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. Xbox Series X booup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X booup question: Hey guys! My Xbox Series X has stsrted on something wierd, and i dont rly know if it's normal. So i ask here. When i either booting up or restarting my Xbox Series X, so first will the loading...
  5. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  6. Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question

in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question: Hello. I just bought the Seagate 512gb SSD expansion card for my XboxOneSeriesS. Installation process requires no instructions and pretty straight forward, but I'm wondering if I'm missing...
  7. Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups: Where I live the power goes off sometimes and I don't want to damage my Xbox Series X So questions about the type of UPS needed is it off line or on line ups a95e996b-84b3-4d5e-abab-076fa5c29d65
  8. Xbox series s fan question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan question: Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close. Here a YouTube clip of the sound....
  9. New Series S Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Series S Question: New Xbox Series S, replacing old Xbox One. I bought a game on my account, on the old Xbox (EA FC). My son tried to launch a game on HIS account on the new Series S, but says it needs the person...
  10. XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question: I have the Halo Anniversary edition for xbox 360 which works fine on my Series X for single player. I have played this game both on and offline on my old xbox 360 and noticed that when I start...