Question about moving Silver/Free account from 360 to XBox One

Discus and support Question about moving Silver/Free account from 360 to XBox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My original Xbox 360 Gold Gamertag is now a Silver account after I originally let my Gold account lapse. When I got another 360 I'd long since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carlton Slayer, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Question about moving Silver/Free account from 360 to XBox One

My original Xbox 360 Gold Gamertag is now a Silver account after I originally let my Gold account lapse. When I got another 360 I'd long since forgotten the password for it so I created a new account/Gamertag. I have now moved to the XBox one and while
    I have my current Gold account Gamertag I want to transfer my old Silver/Free account to it as well. Unfortunately with it being a Silver it has no access to XBox Live- not only that, but my 360 has stopped working (the power comes on but the console never
    starts) so it would make it even more of a challenge, assuming that this could be done in the first place. Is it possible to actually move my old Silver account to the XBox One or will I have to make a new second account for the XBox One? Thanks in advance...

:)

Carlton Slayer, Mar 12, 2016
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    Xbox Live Confusion?

Xbox Live is free.

You can make a Gold account, or a Silver account.

The Gold account gives you access to access to play online, along with free monthly games and weekly deals. This has a fee.

The Silver account gives you access to Xbox Live and apps, but you just can't play online or get the free games. This is free.

ClNTRoN, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Fantastic Game

A silver account is not a fake account. A silver account gets ONE free week to play World of Tanks. If a silver account wants to join the forum and talk about their free one week experience nothing fake about that.

WOTvampymeercat, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gold is not a requirement for moving the account. You would need the login information for it though, so if you forgot the password you would need to try reset that.

Smwutches, Mar 12, 2016
  5. Thanks, will give it a try. Resetting the password seems to be the option here...

Carlton Slayer, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Carlton Slayer Win User

Thanks, will give it a try. Resetting the password seems to be the option here...
  7. Smwutches Win User

Gold is not a requirement for moving the account. You would need the login information for it though, so if you forgot the password you would need to try reset that.
  8. WOTvampymeercat Win User

Fantastic Game

A silver account is not a fake account. A silver account gets ONE free week to play World of Tanks. If a silver account wants to join the forum and talk about their free one week experience nothing fake about that.
  9. AX3TASTIC Win User

help

10. Elohmn Win User

Soooo after E3 2012....who's jumping ship after this Gen?

[quote user="CrumblingTub6"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]Wrong and incorrect. Any Free (Silver) Profile can still us Messages from there Xbox 360 Console/ Xbox LIVE. A Free (Silver) Profile like the one you are using cannot Send Messages from Xbox.com. It's to
    prevent Bulk Spamming from Fictitious Accounts/ Profiles.

But then again, if you were using this Profile from an Xbox 360 Console itself, you would know that.

[/quote]You should still be able to send messages being silver on xbox .com.You have to use it to use the forums so why not send a message to a friend from the site as well.

[/quote]It's already been explained. It is to prevent Mass or Bulk Spamming from Xbox.com either by an individual or a Third Party Service. If a Silver Profile is actually on an Xbox 360 Console, they can use Xbox LIVE and send
    a Message any time they want.
Thema:

1. Question about moving Silver/Free account from 360 to XBox One - Similar Threads - Question moving Silver

2. question about Xbox insider program

in XboX Insiders
    question about Xbox insider program: Hello Xbox Insiders team, I have a question.. I recently joined the "xbox insider program" and currently I see 4 options, 2 games to test (public beta) and 2 software to test, and one of them is...
  3. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  4. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  5. Question About Game Content Usage Rules

in XBoX on Windows
    Question About Game Content Usage Rules: Hey, I'm wondering about certain rules inside the Game Content Usage Rules when they say "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't...
  6. Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question

in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question: Hello. I just bought the Seagate 512gb SSD expansion card for my XboxOneSeriesS. Installation process requires no instructions and pretty straight forward, but I'm wondering if I'm missing...
  7. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  8. Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions: I have Game Pass for my Xbox One and my friend has a game pass for Xbox series X we can both play multiplayer on separate TVs as we have separate devices. I know that Halo multiplayer is free even...
  9. Moving PC Games to another Drive, I" have another to Addition Question to It"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving PC Games to another Drive, I" have another to Addition Question to It": My question is when i have moved the game to another drive (ssd), can I use the game on the drive run on another PC?? If so , How do you do that?? I have read this Msft support link...
  10. Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question About Waiting Period to Move Xbox LIVE Profile to New Microsoft Account: This situation I have is very (as far as I know) unique to me and I'm on a deadline (which is explained in this post) so a quick reply is most appreciated. The email I used to make my Microsoft...