question about liquid on a console

Discus and support question about liquid on a console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night about 9:30pm i knocked over my bottle of pop, some of the pop spilled onto the console. I immeditly turned of my console, dried it off and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Faron Gamblin, May 21, 2023.

1. question about liquid on a console

Last night about 9:30pm i knocked over my bottle of pop, some of the pop spilled onto the console. I immeditly turned of my console, dried it off and let it sit. As it was cooling down i smelled the fan to see if could spell anything burning (as im told that is a sign of possible damage) but did not. I did spell a cinnemon smell but unsure what that means. I let my console sit for 2 hours then turned it on for 5 min ( to test for burning smell) but nothing. I then turned my system off and let it set over night (for about 10 hours) Is it safe to turn it on and what does it mean if i smell cinnemon smell? or am i safe since i do not belive it got into the system

:)

Faron Gamblin, May 21, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

still, i would get it checked, if the sugar is left to eat away at the board or components then by the time you see it, it will be far too late and unrepairable. plus it could also be a fire risk.
  3. Faron Gamblin Win User

the smell was there while the system was cooling down, but when i tested the system this morning there was not smell
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Most consoles will no longer turn on if there is water inside the box but as long as your console is still turning on then I do not believe there is a major problem. Letting it dry before turning it on will actually help and a bigger chance it will not damage the hard ware. You can always test turning the console on for as long as it has already dried up.
    You might want to consider doing a little more research on that. Just because the pop drink (what Americans call a 'Soda') has dried, doesn't mean the worst of it is over. The chemicals in the drink all have the potential to corrode the circuit board over time. Once they do this, the tracers on the board (those long lines that carry data and power) will degrade and create resistance to the point where the console will eventually stop working.
  5. Faron Gamblin Win User

ill have to wait til tomorow, the closest repair shop is closed on sundays
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

yeah wait till then, you maybe lucky and not caused any damage but better safe than a new console purchase.
Thema:

1. question about liquid on a console - Similar Threads - question liquid console

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I have a small question about duel generation games

in XboX Insiders
    I have a small question about duel generation games: I am currently trying to purchase a copy of elden ring for the series x, I have found one that says "xbox series x ● xbox one". I'm wondering if using a duel generation game will come with a small...
  5. xbox 360 console question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 console question: Are you able to tell By the serial number of the consoles listed on my account when They were last active online a0cb67b0-0eb9-4cc6-aa25-21c6a07f6413
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Xbox One power mode question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One power mode question: Hi I have Original Xbox One, the old one. There are two options there when it comes to power mode, energy saving and instant on, although the names for these settings probably different now....
  8. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  9. Xbox one console making question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one console making question: I got this xbox one in Illinois in the United states and read the manufacturing date and saw it said 2013-10-03 and I don't get how that works can someone please explain...
  10. Repair and services question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repair and services question: When you send a product like a controller in for repair with its controller box does Microsoft return back the controller in the box you sent it in with? Just asking because I'm sending out my...