Putting an Xbox One on Office Guest Network - Need a document

Discus and support Putting an Xbox One on Office Guest Network - Need a document in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'd like to put one of my spare Xbox's on our office's guest\mobile wireless network. This is a network not connected to the Active Directory Domain... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James_McGowan, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Putting an Xbox One on Office Guest Network - Need a document

I'd like to put one of my spare Xbox's on our office's guest\mobile wireless network. This is a network not connected to the Active Directory Domain network that work laptops use but our CIO just wants something to say they checked \ did their due diligence
    before allowing it on the guest network.

Is there any document out there that says an Xbox One is generally recognized as safe on a network and not a likely vector of attack. Maybe just something that says the Xbox is routinely updated to prevent vulnerabilities.

I know Xbox was making a push to sell Xbox's in corporate environments as a Skype\OneDrive device in conference rooms. They must have something there I can use.

:)

James_McGowan, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Xbox one improvements

There is a problem with the Xbox one networks can you please make a new up date with the networks only that where ever I take my Xbox out some where like my family house I have to keep putting the network code in and it getting boring just keep on putting
    codes in it need to be remembered the code so I don't have to keep putting a code on the console I don't thing anyone would want to keep doing the code t

To Xbox one

Thanks

JamesIsComing, Apr 3, 2017
  3. On Campus and School won't de-militarize

One quick thing that may work is joining an alternate network. At my school there is (School x) internet, and (School x guest) internet for guests. You can set up one xbox on the guest wifi, and one on the student wifi, and it should work that way.

Goldilocks2323, Apr 3, 2017
  4. JamokUS Win User

xbox live is down

Do they ever say its when it is down? How to the check the status of their network. Is there a person that checks it from there office and put the status that they see?Do they ever say its when it is down? How to the check the status of their network.
    Is there a person that checks it from there office and put the status that they see?
  5. Goldilocks2323 Win User

On Campus and School won't de-militarize

One quick thing that may work is joining an alternate network. At my school there is (School x) internet, and (School x guest) internet for guests. You can set up one xbox on the guest wifi, and one on the student wifi, and it should work that way.
  6. itake ekati Win User

Not able to connect to internet.

Okay, apparently when I was logging into the network it was guest. and not the actual network or something. (Guest is what I use for the tablet and stuff and for the labtop) It says Greenoak Network and Greenoak-guest Network it works now. :/ I am on xbox
    live now, I was about to say I need to take it back to gamestop. Thanks for your help and if I have any other problems I will let you guys know thanks.
  7. scc4fun Win User

My household network was changed and now I have 2 but the one that I am supposed to use doesn't work. Help?

As the Xbox 360 does not currently have a browser you will not be able to log in to a guest network that requires visiting a website to access the internet. The Xbox should be connected to the main network and not the guest network.
  8. FishTankKing Win User

Losing connection to Xbox Live while more than on Xbox One is connected

Sorry I missed out a vital piece of information - To get the wireless Xbox one to stay connected I had to enable one of the four 'guest' wireless connections on the router and dedicate that connection to the XBox one. Running the XBox on the main wireless
    network caused it to disconnect if any other device connected, running it on its own dedicated guest connection allows it to stay connected until I enter a multiplayer game on our other Xbox One which is wired to the router.

The router doesn't seem to allow me to set a static IP Address for devices connected to the guest wireless networks, only the main wireless network.
Thema:

Putting an Xbox One on Office Guest Network - Need a document

1. Putting an Xbox One on Office Guest Network - Need a document - Similar Threads - Putting Office Guest

2. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. How I can put on UPnP ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can put on UPnP ?: I was on a ticket and the guy says to check the router and disable nat and put again on, but in the router site I can't do that, what I should to do? e6a0ed20-cf30-4e37-8981-11ade85b5d4d
  8. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  9. Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S: I have the start of air and I really trying to get a repaired can I put a warranty on my Xbox One S if not what do I have to do 629a9539-4eaa-4527-883f-3258df76eede
  10. had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it

in XBoX on Consoles
    had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it: can someone help me get my console ban overturned because my family was put into danger by a hacker who watches me on youtube and twitch and the hacker console banned me...