Putting a SSD inside a fat Xbox 360 hard drive enclosure

Discus and support Putting a SSD inside a fat Xbox 360 hard drive enclosure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering, can anyone put a SSD inside a fat, Xbox 360 HDD enclosure (no hacking), without violating the Terms of Service? Because of the recent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rufus408514, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Rufus408514
    Rufus408514 Guest

I was wondering, can anyone put a SSD inside a fat, Xbox 360 HDD enclosure (no hacking), without violating the Terms of Service? Because of the recent 2015 update, gamers would hook up a 2TB storage drive to any Xbox console. I was also wondering,
    can people either connect a USB 3.0 flash drive or a M.2 SSD to a Xbox 360 console as storage?

:)

Rufus408514, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Xbox One no longer recognizing external hard drives

Hi Everyone

I have two external hard drives. One is plugged in using an drive enclosure and an SSD drive plugged in using the Xbox USB/Drive enclosure by Creative Minds. Neither of these hard drives are being found when plugged into my Xbox One. I have hard reset the
    console, unplugged the power for extended periods of time, Swapped the drives between enclosures and its still only finding the internal hard drive. They were working fine as of last week and are now no longer being found. I've verified that the drive enclosure
    is working as the drive is found when plugged into my PC.

Any suggestions besides contacting Xbox Support (who most likely will have no idea).

Trencher-69864789-8F7B-4EC8-A14A-353E23634C2E, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Meridius
    Meridius Guest
    Xbox One External Hard drive

Hi all

I am after a good external enclosure for a ssd Samsung drive to plug into a Xbox one x. The problem is I don't know which enclosure would get the best performance for the drive.

Any advice. Oh it's a 250gb version of the ssd

Thanks

Meridius, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Opening up a fat 360 hard drive would violate the terms of service. There is no way to do that without violating the terms. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, it would just be slower than USB 2.0. As far as the SSD, if you can pop it in a hard drive enclosure
    that can plug in via USB it'll probably work.

Smwutches, Apr 25, 2017
  5. If you have the SSD in a USB enclosure and connect it to your Xbox's USB port, you should be able to technically use it like

any other external storage device

You will be on potential grounds for a console ban if you modify the proprietary SATA enclosures by Microsoft.

The Xbox 360 only supports up to USB 2.0, so any speed gains you'll get from an SSD would be severely gimped by the limited bandwidth of USB 2.0, even if you use a USB 3.0 enclosure. You would get better use of a USB-SSD on an Xbox One.

Internet Expert, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Rufus408514
    Rufus408514 Guest

Rufus408514, Apr 26, 2017
  7. Rufus408514
    Rufus408514 Guest
    If I was to put a M.2 SSD inside a M.2 SSD enclosure and then format it as a USB storage device, would it violate the Terms of Service? I don't think so. As long as it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, it will work on any Xbox console.

Rufus408514, Apr 26, 2017
  8. Putting a SSD inside a fat Xbox 360 hard drive enclosure

I would imagine that it doesn't matter what kind of storage medium is used within the USB enclosure. The Xbox would detect it all as the same generic USB storage device, and it will be used for games provided it passes a quick R/W speed test.

Like I said, as long as you aren't fiddling with the proprietary SATA enclosures that goes into the special slot on the Xbox 360, you should be fine. Keep your storage external on USB.

Internet Expert, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fat Xbox 360 ssd

2. installing fat xbox 360 ssd