Purchasing game using available balance but came out of bank instead

Discus and support Purchasing game using available balance but came out of bank instead in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I added £10 then £50 to my sons Xbox account to cover the cost of my son purchasing GTA for £59.99 however he wasn’t able to use the available... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BenPowe, Dec 29, 2023.

1. BenPowe
    BenPowe Guest

Hello, I added £10 then £50 to my sons Xbox account to cover the cost of my son purchasing GTA for £59.99 however he wasn’t able to use the available balance and instead it was taken from my bank account. Can someone please advise if possible? Thanks

:)

BenPowe, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

3. WattyNuela Win User

Used PayPal balance for purchase, however, this charge was not reflected in my balance. Does the store ignore the balance and go through the bank I had attached?

Hello KabiiKins

It's a good idea checking with the bank because PayPal has an option to use your balance first or instead charge directly the card.

Maybe "use balance first" option was disabled when you were making the purchase
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

Auto Renew

Hi there, if you want to discuss billing related issues you will need to contact Xbox support directly:
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

-

My understanding though is if you purchase a Xbox Live membership through the console on you debit/credit card it will turn automatic renewal on, which is why I always renew my sub with a pre-paid card.

-

Also with the money not coming out, when I make a purchase on the marketplace I noticed on my internet banking that I have a 'Current Balance' as well as an 'Available Balance' the current balance is all my money while available balance is all my money minus
    the amount I've spent on Live so it might not come out straight away, but your bank knows the money is as good as spent.

-

I'm not sure if that's the same for you, but it could explain why it looks like the money doesn't come out straight away.
  5. Gabriel Morin1 Win User

I can't pre-order mortal Kombat 1 with my gift card

Hey,

DON'T USE PRE-PAID CARDS! They're not working for Mortal Kombat 1 use gift cards instead and put the money in your XBOX account. You can use the money from your pre-paid card to purchase digital codes off of the microsoft store and add them to your wallet then preorder. Bank cards work too, I preordered the game with my XBOX account balance and bank card combined, currently enjoying the beta.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Refunded money or money transactions

Actually, you only receive an email when the refund request is approved and done.

You don't receive an email once the amount is available on your bank account or been Microsoft account's balance, depending on the method you use to first purchase the content.
Thema:

1. Purchasing game using available balance but came out of bank instead - Similar Threads - Purchasing game using

2. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  3. I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...: I have £40 in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase a game but it keeps wanted to take it out of my card. I do not owe Microsoft any money. I have a full account. No problems ever paying What's...
  4. Can I retrieve my epic games account using order numbers from my xbox purchase history?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I retrieve my epic games account using order numbers from my xbox purchase history?: hi, I'm trying to retrieve my old epic games account which had many cosmetics on fortnite, the account was not hacked, I just do not remember the email to it. If I have order numbers from when I...
  5. I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...: Hello, I bought a game and I just didn’t like it so I decided to get a refund, however I had made that purchase Through my PayPal second payment my debit, so it was from my debit but the payment...
  6. Hello, So I was about to purchase a game on windows store using visa Card, and when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, So I was about to purchase a game on windows store using visa Card, and when I...: We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Hello, So I was about to purchase a game on windows store using Master Card, and when I clicked 'buy' I got the...
  7. If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...: I am looking at purchasing a game I am wondering if I purchase on my console can my son use the same purchase on his 0f24f262-0583-48b8-aed1-73e250c549ff
  8. If I purchase starfield premium edition will I be able to play September 1st using game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase starfield premium edition will I be able to play September 1st using game...: I'm planning on purchasing starfield, but my computer doesn't mean the minimum system requirements so I was planning on playing over cloud gaming. I'm hoping to be able to play during the week of...
  9. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  10. Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game?: My son had an xbox gift voucher which he redeemed easily enough but the purchase of the game he wanted hasn't gone through - by default it was asking me to approve and pay with a credit card...