Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card

Discus and support Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, I have my eye on a game. The game is currently on sale for £44.99. Someone sent me a gift voucher of £20. How do I use this code of £20 and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SaladDodger7070, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card

Hello,

I have my eye on a game. The game is currently on sale for £44.99.

Someone sent me a gift voucher of £20.

How do I use this code of £20 and pay the remanding £24.99 on my personal bank card?

Thanks!

B

:)

SaladDodger7070, Jan 5, 2019
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

When on your console go to the store. On the main screen you'll see a small box that says "redeem code" or use code. Enter the code.

After the money is added to your account, it'll use the money and ask you to confirm the balance from your card on file. Easy peasy.
  3. LesterSludge Win User

Can't use Microsoft Account Balance to change Gamertag?

I just experienced this issue, having redeemed a $10 Xbox digital gift card from Microsoft Rewards.

I was trying to make the purchase through the web, and the dialog that came up asked how I wanted to pay for the rest. Unfortunately, it did not say how much the rest was, so I did not know whether the rest was $9.99 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and
    sales tax is not charged), $10.61 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and sales tax is charged), or $0.61 (i.e., my credit can be used and sales tax is charged).

I contacted Xbox Live Support, and the representative thought it might be sales tax but was unsure.

We were able to determine that sales tax *is* charged, so the problem was simply that I did not have enough credit.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Question on payment method!

That is an older thread. When purchasing from the console choose to pay with currency first and you will be asked to cover the rest with your credit card.
  5. Random AT Win User

Microsoft account balance. It’s asking for another method of paying

Ok let me specify. I am purchasing an add on for a game. My question is that do you need a credit card linked to just buy something not to pay the rest
  6. New Hypnotic Win User

Split payment with in game content

Hi,

Yes, you can split payments with the rest of your Xbox account balance, and paying the rest with card.

You’ll be prompted on your Xbox once attempting to complete a purchase.

Happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card - Similar Threads - Purchasing game sale

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. Can’t purchase in game currency

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t purchase in game currency: I want to buy something in a game called Multiversus, it’s in game currency in order for me to get the battle pass I keep trying to buy what’s called a sack of gleamium for $9.99 yet every time I...
  4. I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...: I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any expire date of the key? c910913b-6677-4ac8-9f64-d1d594754736
  5. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  6. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  7. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  8. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  9. Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatible games should be everything I've purchased on Xbox: I would love to be able to play my old smack down vs raw titles on my series x and any other games I purchased for xbox 360. It doesn't make sense to limit or restrict playable libraries. If I've...
  10. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...