Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able...

Discus and support Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We purchased HALO for my oldest son to play on the XBOX a few days ago. My daughter would also like to play the game, however when she selects the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darryl Hunter, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able...

We purchased HALO for my oldest son to play on the XBOX a few days ago. My daughter would also like to play the game, however when she selects the game on her account (on same console), it is asking her to buy it again. Why is this?
    We only have 1 console that all 4 of my kids play on. For my family, I am the "organizer" and my 4 kids are all members under my account. I'm not as familiar with all this as my kids are, but none of them know what the problem is either. The game is only
    showing up on my son's account. Even when I log onto my account as the parent it says I have to buy it to play.

:)

Darryl Hunter, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Darryl Hunter Win User

Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able to play on her account.

Thank you!!! That worked.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able to play on her account.

4. Roderic. Win User

I have this same issue, except that my brother in law bought Halo first and downloaded it to my xbox.

Wanting to play the game myself I purchased it last night, but it won't download and says I need to purchase it again.

Yes, I confirmed it is in my purchase history, and when I look on my Microsoft account from my phone it states that I own it.
  5. Smwutches Win User

You'll want to create a new thread detailing your issue for proper assistance.
  6. AridLizard Win User

two consoles, two kids, one xbox live!

if you buy Sims 4 for your daughter on her account it won't be affected by her console being set as the Home Xbox for your son as it works off her age and any permissions set on her account, not his.

you can set your son's xbox as the Home console for both your account and your daughter's and then set your daughter's xbox to sign you in automatically when she turns it on and both will be able to use your Xbox Live

if you do this I recommend setting a Pass Key for purchases so she doesn't accidentally make any in game purchases. this link explains how to set that up.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/passkey-purchases

so in summary;

make your sons Xbox Home for your account and your daughters.

set your daughter's xbox as your son's Home xbox and to automatically sign you in.

set a passkey on purchases on your account on your daughter's xbox.

this will give them both access to your Live Gold subscription and digital games as well as access to each other's games.

when your Gold subscription expires you can then either renew it on your account or purchase it for either your son or daughter and they will both be able to play online with just the 1 subscription.

hope this helps
Thema:

Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able...

1. Purchased XBOX game. Downloaded it on console under son's account. Daughter is not able... - Similar Threads - Purchased game Downloaded

2. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  3. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  4. Looking to purchase and download the first 3 call of duty games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking to purchase and download the first 3 call of duty games: Hello I'm Tug, new here hopefully someone can help me. I own 2 digital only Xbox one S series and have been looking everywhere for the first 3 call of duty games. I've tried Xbox Store Amazon eBay...
  5. I purchased a game but I can't start the download on my Xbox console, what can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a game but I can't start the download on my Xbox console, what can I do?: I purchased a game but I can't start the download on my Xbox console, what can I do? 29d8da26-cd04-49aa-84f9-c0e9e8eb1e84
  6. Can I get a downloaded game that I purchased from a hacked account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a downloaded game that I purchased from a hacked account?: On November 20 of last year, I bought Forza Horizon 5. About a year ago I got hacked on the account '*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***', this was the account where...
  7. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  8. Just purchased ff 13-2 and dlc bundle. Downloaded game but cant download dlc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just purchased ff 13-2 and dlc bundle. Downloaded game but cant download dlc.: Dlc does not show up under manage game. When go to store it wants me to buy it again. Game and dlc both show up under order history. Have already tried remove account and readd it still won't let...
  9. Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with downloading any game gamepass and purchased: i upgraded my pc including new ssd with fresh windows install and went into microsoft devices and removed my old pc and when i purchased forza 5 i was not able to download the game along with any...
  10. I can purchase games, but they won't download, just stay queued. Please help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can purchase games, but they won't download, just stay queued. Please help?: When I purchase a game on the Series X, it doesn't start the download/install process, it just stays in the queue without beginning the actual download. I have enough storage space, have checked...