Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

Discus and support Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new, sealed Xbox elite 2 core controller yesterday from a retailer (GameStop) and it is showing as having been registered over 3 months... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EuphoniousDream, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

I purchased a new, sealed Xbox elite 2 core controller yesterday from a retailer (GameStop) and it is showing as having been registered over 3 months ago. I know GameStop has tons of used items but this was still perfectly sealed. Who can I contact to maybe submit my receipt at Microsoft to get the warranty to begin the correct date of purchase?

:)

EuphoniousDream, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says warranty began 3 months ago?

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

Nothing to worry! You can update your Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty by reaching out to Xbox Support as they have the tools and resources to correct the warranty status but before you contact them please prepare the following information:

Your sales/purchase receipt from an authorized Surface or Xbox retailer.

Your Surface, Surface Type Cover, Xbox Console, or Kinect serial number.

Note: A valid sales/purchase receipt will clearly indicate the retailer name, the purchase date, and the item purchased as shown in the example below (in English only). If the sales/purchase receipt does not clearly indicate these requirements, it will not be accepted.

You may contact Xbox Support using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us#0

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...purchase-ceca7e91-3a88-e2dc-7a21-b8c54b5429df

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. ngocphi Win User

Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1 repair after that time period.

Huh

Its 90 days after the free repair or the remainder of the warranty whichever is longer that's pretty standard

At the cost of controllers nowadays you could buy one new unless you are talking about elites

And controller warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase

And this is why you buy extended warranty

There is no 3 years on controllers

Elites have 2 year warranties fyi
  4. ThatsWhyi1 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

Well, I purchased my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 in November of 2019, my warranty expired on March 16 of 2020. It is now April 16th and my right thumbstick does not register when pushed down. I would
    consider myself a moderate gamer but for argument sake lets just say I put this controller through hell and back. For a controller that is almost $200, this was a ripoff. I haven't been this disappointed with a controller since I purchased the first Xbox Elite
    Controller which I had to replace 2 times simply because the grips keep coming off due to the cheap glue they used.
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Is my XBox console new?

Sounds like when you purchased the Xbox One X there were seal stickers on the sides. As long as these seals do not appear to be tampered with and the bundle did not specifically say refurbished, I would expect your console was new. The flickering shots
    you mentioned were likely the initial setup process for picture formatting. You've also mentioned you were able to register the console and were given a warranty date. All seems well to me! Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!
  6. Georges C. Win User

Updating warranty for xbox elite controller

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello John, Microsoft has determined that the Elite's warranty has increased from 90 days to 01 year, so please try following the procedure in the link below to upgrade your warranty.

"to ensure your satisfaction, we're extending the warranty coverage period on Elite Series 2 controllers from 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase."

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase

https://support.microsoft.com>/en-us/topic/u...
Thema:

Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

1. Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says... - Similar Threads - Purchased sealed elite

2. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  5. Can’t purchase in game currency

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t purchase in game currency: I want to buy something in a game called Multiversus, it’s in game currency in order for me to get the battle pass I keep trying to buy what’s called a sack of gleamium for $9.99 yet every time I...
  6. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  7. I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...: I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any expire date of the key? c910913b-6677-4ac8-9f64-d1d594754736
  8. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  9. I purchased apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but...: apex coins on apex legends but I didn't get my coins and it took my money, but it isn't showing up on my billing history. fb6440a3-9a68-47d9-8dce-5c96d73a82c0
  10. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...