Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch

Discus and support Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. I purchased game pass and the forza VIP pass and after a short break for a few days to my discovery the game no longer will launch. Here is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MysticMages, Oct 24, 2023.

1. MysticMages
    MysticMages Guest

Hi there. I purchased game pass and the forza VIP pass and after a short break for a few days to my discovery the game no longer will launch. Here is what event viewer shows:

Faulting application name: forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe, version: 1.494.4196.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe, version: 1.494.4196.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0000000001b563e5

Faulting process id: 0x0x8048

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA05FEF14D3321

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.494.4196.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.494.4196.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe

Report Id: 81b07dd0-fccc-4e31-b0c5-3361da32a509

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.494.4196.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: ReleaseFinal

My question is how do I resolve this, and if I can't, how do I get a refund issued for my game pass. Game pass is a subscription model.. I purchased specifically for Forza. If I am unable to play the game due to issues with the product itself then I would like to have my Game Pass refunded and I will try again in the future when it's stable.

PS: I found this article, tried the beta game tool and other suggestions in the thread. Nothing has resolved the issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ber-2023/b1ac114c-7799-4946-b8f8-1c50ad5926d5

:)

MysticMages, Oct 24, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello MysticMages. I’m Arturo,

I’m sorry to hear Forza Motorsport is unexpectedly crashing when you try to play it. However, I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your concerns today.

Moreover, would I know if you tried the potential fixes provided in this other support article from the developer of the game?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

it has begun

Now the question is....what games will launch with the next console. GOW4? Forza 5? Halo 5 wont be out for at least 2-3 more years so thats out of the question as a launch title. I am guessing GOW4 or Forza 5. Kameo 2 would be nice but thats just
    not happening.
  4. BS SN34K3R Win User

Forza 5 refuses to go past the first screen and then crashes

Hello ive forza Horizon 5 via gamepass ultimate and i purchased the premium add on bundle to habe eaely access. Now when i launch the game it says iam too early. So i cant use my early acccess on the game (main reason why i purchased the premium add on bundle). So can i get a refund of the premium add on bundle because the game wont start. Iam dissapointed right now.
  5. brendonjones3 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020. Impossible to run since th elast update of the Microsoft Store

Hello I am having the same Problem with the same game which worked fine now wont launch I have uninstalled it reinstalled but wont install any idea why ? I am using xbox game pass for window 10 .
  6. Major Angry Win User

it has begun

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

Now the question is....what games will launch with the next console. GOW4? Forza 5? Halo 5 wont be out for at least 2-3 more years so thats out of the question as a launch title. I am guessing GOW4 or Forza 5. Kameo 2 would be nice but thats just
    not happening.

[/quote]

The NextGen Xbox needs new stuff and not continuous releases of Forza, Halo, Gears etc.
Thema:

1. Purchased game pass for Forza, it now wont launch - Similar Threads - Purchased game pass

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any...: I want to Purchase A PC Game pass key for my Friend ,how can i do that and is there any expire date of the key? c910913b-6677-4ac8-9f64-d1d594754736
  4. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  5. Refund for game pass purchase that was not me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for game pass purchase that was not me: Game pass charge for $52 on my account. My game pass renews the 18th of every month. This purchase was not me. f29c9ebe-3d21-4881-a117-ae57d3c15492
  6. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  7. With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...: Basically I don't own an X/S, so cloud is the only way I am able to play this title currently. Rockstar has severed progress between the Xbox One and the X/S versions, so all of my progress is now...
  8. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  9. Can’t purchase game on pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t purchase game on pass: I am trying to purchase game pass but it keeps asking me for my billing adress witch should already be in my account when Ii enter the adress it says “something went wrong on our end try again...
  10. Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass: I will be using Game Pass Ultimate to play XBox 360 games on my PC via cloud gaming. One of the games, I already purchased and owned when I had an Xbox 360 years ago, and that uncluded the DLC....