Purchase came out of gift card instead of rewards credits

Discus and support Purchase came out of gift card instead of rewards credits in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When looking at my Microsoft account, the account has always said that I have a balance and my rewards points I have left has an expiration date. For... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Multigalactic, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Purchase came out of gift card instead of rewards credits

When looking at my Microsoft account, the account has always said that I have a balance and my rewards points I have left has an expiration date. For example, I have a $50.00 gift card that should not expire and then redeemed $5.00 in rewards points, so
    it would say I have $55.00 with $5.00 expiring on mm/dd/yy. I purchased a game at $4.95 and it said my account was $55.05 and $0.05 expired on mm/dd/yy.

The last purchase I made did not come out of my expiring rewards points, it came out of my non-expiring gift card. I have been told several different things about this. One is that there is a system issue and it should be fixed within the month so that
    the expiring amount is used first. The other story is that the balance is not going to expire since I redeemed them and the balance on the account does not expire. The site, however lists the expiring amounts matching the rewards points so I don't know why
    I see something different.

Is anyone else having their gift cards being used before their expiring credits?

:)

Multigalactic, Oct 20, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    I have not received $10 gift code with pre-order game for Call of Duty: Black Ops III for Xbox One

The $10 gift card is a promotion from microsoftstore.com. You would need to contact their customer service for assistance with the offer.

If you are a rewards member, you will receive 15,000 rewards credits instead of the $10 gift card.

Smwutches, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Ichikasuto
    Ichikasuto Guest
    Using Prepaid Balance for Simply Rewarding

I'm planning on applying some $25 gift cards to my account then buying Mass Effect Andromeda. I currently have around $27 in purchases already made to progress this reward. If I use my digital balance instead of another method like credit card or PayPal,
    will the purchase still be used towards Simply Rewarding?

Sidenote: Will pre-ordering Andromeda apply for both Simply Rewarding and the pre-ordering mission that rewards 15,000 credits?

Ichikasuto, Oct 20, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Purchase came out of gift card instead of rewards credits