Psychonauts 2 Save Data Suddenly Gone

Discus and support Psychonauts 2 Save Data Suddenly Gone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This morning, I went to play Psychonauts 2 off of gamepass. I had sunk maybe ten hours into it over the course of all of my play sessions. However, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikaeyla C, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Mikaeyla C
    Mikaeyla C Guest

This morning, I went to play Psychonauts 2 off of gamepass. I had sunk maybe ten hours into it over the course of all of my play sessions. However, it just froze, the screen went to black, and then the next thing I knew my save file was gone. I don't know if me hitting random buttons trying to restart the game accidentally triggered it, or what, but I was wondering if there is any way to get my save file back besides speedrunning. I already tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the game to no avail. Thanks!

:)

Mikaeyla C, Jan 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your save file in Psychonauts 2. Unfortunately, if your save file is gone, there is no way to retrieve it, and you will have to start the game over from the beginning. However, there are a few things you can try to prevent this from happening in the future:

1. Cloud Saves: If your Xbox Live profile is set up to automatically sync save data to the cloud, you should have a backup copy of your save file in the cloud. Try checking your cloud saves to see if the saved file is still there.

2. Save file location: You can check the location of the game's save file on your computer, and make a backup copy of it to a different location before you start playing.

3. Try not to hit random buttons when the game is freezing, as this could potentially corrupt the save file.
  3. Jaden Flores Win User

Gamepass save for psychonauts suddenly gone

I tried this solution and uninstalled the console companion. I then went back into the game and it still wasn't there. When I go into the "SAVEDGAMES" file in the games files all thats there is a file called "savegameprefs". Should there be a file for my own save game?
  4. Francia J. Win User

That would be great and you're welcome, Jaden.
  5. Jaden Flores Win User

Ok I will try this and get back to you. thank you!
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi Jaden, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It may mean that your saved progress was not able to sync properly. No worries, I was able to check on the game support's end and one of the solutions provided is uninstalling the Xbox console companion and then re-launch the game.
Thema:

1. Psychonauts 2 Save Data Suddenly Gone - Similar Threads - Psychonauts Save Data

2. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  3. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  4. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  5. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  6. Syncing Save Data Gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Save Data Gone: Stuck at 0% syncing on forza horizon 5 its happened twice now, all my progress is gone. I just had this happen with The Crew Motorfest last month, this is ridiculous its been happening since the...
  7. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  8. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  9. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  10. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...