PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with...

Discus and support PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; PSA: The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with customization from Design Lab sure are pretty, but are defective by design and materials. Trying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Daniel4784383, Oct 3, 2023.

1. PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with...

PSA: The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with customization from Design Lab sure are pretty, but are defective by design and materials. Trying to get Warranty support for the last 11 days (and 20 active hours with reps/supervisors/managers/escalations/Microsoft Rangers), but the process has failed and is completely toxic -- intentional blocks at all stages.

Design/materials defect that happened to me is that the grips peel near the bumpers (both sides) and then physically slide under the bumpers. Occurred on left side within 6 months and both sides by 9 months.

Standard warranty replacement process is stated by the first Rep I spoke with as UP TO 3 months. As that is a non-viable and unfair timeline, I asked for Advanced Exchange (they send new one, with CC hold for ensure sending back defective device).

FWIW I was professional and kind in speaking with all MSFT reps throughout. Kept good humor and was just unwilling to accept the 3-month long standard process.

Supervisors sent me on wild-goose chases, telling me to drive 40 miles each way to 'In-person repairs' at BestBuy that turned out to only be standard exchange shipping drop-off. BestBuy rep said directly that the MSFT Xbox supervisor should have known that.

Promised call-backs never happen.

Phone system glitches and blocks calls after 3 each day.

Reps put you on hold for an hour, then disconnect.

Supervisors, when finally reached, provide incorrect information (according to later Managers).

Reps/Supervisors/managers across both Xbox support and MSFT sales consistently pass the buck and transfer across department without warning and cold-drop you off to others.

Finally reached 'escalations' and the person disconnects on me after 3 minutes, after having already just gone ahead and initiated the 3-month duration Standard Exchange and blocking registration of device in account.

On chat, reach a seemingly helpful rep that says they will escalate to 'Microsoft Rangers' for investigation, with resolution within 24 hours. Receive email asking for details/Info. After providing it, received no updates/responses/etc for 8 days, even after multiple emails in asking for updates.

Call back in and manage to get escalated to a Xbox Manager, who tells me that basically everything said by prior 24+ contacts was incorrect, and that they are restarting the investigation with MSFT rangers.

The devices are defective by design and materials, and the warranty process is non-viable in duration (up to 3 months). Customer support process is designed to prevent customers from getting assistance, and reps/supervisors/managers provide inconsistent information without repercussions. I was literally able to provide emails of prior chat exchanges and show info provided -- managers just say 'Sorry, that is wrong' and do not attempt to provide resolution.

Early in the process, based in-part on comments from first supervisor, I ordered a new replacement from Designlab -- to expedite exchange process as it was listed as new orders arrive in 2 to 3 wks, but replacement is up to 3 months. Multiple reps/supervisors told me the process for returning it for refund was to wait for it to arrive and then call in to arrange. Now, Manager is saying that there is no return possible, period. When this new controller arrived, it was defective and unusable, with really odd stickiness on grips, as though chemical residue is on controller.

Beautiful controllers, but they are defective by design and materials, and the company is toxic and unfair in warranty support.

:)

Daniel4784383, Oct 3, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with...