Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

Discus and support Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mattia Taraborrelli, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically everything i've seen online to solve this issue, but none of the solutions seem to work. I think i made a big mistake on my part trying to solve the issue, as i uninstalled the "HID-compliant game controller" driver in hope to reinstall it. I later found out that it didn't actually uninstall, because i can still see it if i look at the hidden drivers, but it doesn't appear anymore once i connect the controller (just to make it clear i'm also on the latest version available so it won't let me update the drivers). I also tried resetting the controller by clicking the button on the back of it, but it didn't change a thing. I addition, i tried removing the controller from the list of connected devices and manually connecting it by clicking on the list of bluetooth devices available, and that's where i figured my problem was different:when i try to do that, the controller automatically connects, even though it shouldn't since i removed it. It then appears on the bottom right of the screen the small window that tells me "Tap to set up your DualSense Wireless Controller", when i click that it opens another window that tells me "DualSense Wireless Controller would like to pair to this Windows device. Do you want to allow this?" (i`m sorry i would post a screenshot but for some reason it doesn`t let me). Once i allow it it tells that the controller is connected successfully, but in reality it does not. The controller says connected for a couple of seconds while it's already off, and then the PC picks it up and tells me it's not connected. If i try to connect it again i go in an endless loop where it asks me again and again to set up the controller.

:)

Mattia Taraborrelli, Jun 7, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Mattia. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. This forum only provides technical support for Xbox devices and services.

However, I am aware that DualSense controllers only work via USB on Windows PCs, PlayStation don't officially support Bluetooth connection for Windows.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Phantom1315 Win User

Xbox One Controller controlls Windows 10

If i disconnect the cable, the controller has no energy...

Of course a solution is always after playing disconnect the controller, but that's not what i want to do...

I don't have any posibillity to connect via bluetooth...
  4. Jack McCready Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller no longer shows up on bluetooth on PC

Yes it can detect my PS5 controller via bluetooth.
  5. LK Guardian Win User

Can I use the Xbox One Controller's 3.5mm jack to plug in my headset for Windows 10 Xbox Party Chat?

Alright, I have messed with different configurations and have found that it is because I was using Bluetooth to connect my controller to my computer. I plugged in the controller via USB and the Xbox App detected the headset and microphone immediately.

Is there a way to use the headset through the controller via bluetooth? Or will I have to stick with a wired connection?
  6. VelvetUnicorn Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

We are having the same issue with four Series 2 controllers. Have you figured out why the controller does not connect via Bluetooth after disconnecting it from the USB cable? I can't imagine this is how the controller was designed to work. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after - Similar Threads - Ps5 controller connects

2. My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    My ps5 wont connect to my microsoft account: Ive tried singing into a microsoft account to be able to play minecraft with my friends and it still doesnt work 0bd67b30-c47a-4565-91bb-2d6aee0d3253
  3. How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix ps5 controllers and ps4 controller from not connecting to ps5: Hello, I’m having an issue with my controllers connecting to the ps5. I have 2 ps5 controllers and 1 ps4 controller. All controllers work fine, nothing is wrong with it. However, after a certain...
  4. How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5: It does not give me direct information on the game how To c4e1ce3d-c636-41c4-851c-7558da2a49bc
  5. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  6. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  7. Can I use my ps5 controller to play Goldeneye on my gaming laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use my ps5 controller to play Goldeneye on my gaming laptop?: Im just looking to play the new goldeneye 007 remastered...hoping online multiplayer is available for it, but all I have is my ps5 controller. Can I use it to play?...
  8. PC Xbox app & PS5 dualsense controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox app & PS5 dualsense controller.: Anyone tell me why the xbox app on PC detects my PS5 controller but wont actually let me use it? At the minute I have to use DS4 to trick the app into thinking my dualsense is an xbox controller....
  9. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...
  10. PS5 Controller not registering at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS5 Controller not registering at all: So I recently bought a PS5 controller, which I have bought an official PlayStation cable for. However, it won't pair with my PC and I am not sure why. I have 6 different USB ports with the same...