ps help me understand if I need another gold acct!

Discus and support ps help me understand if I need another gold acct! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have 1 xbox one & 1 xbox gold acct. we use 1 gamertag. We have 2 kids that play xbox live and take turns sharing the gamertag.>>>>>> We want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LourdesBryce, Feb 1, 2015.

1. LourdesBryce
    LourdesBryce Guest

We have 1 xbox one & 1 xbox gold acct.

we use 1 gamertag. We have 2 kids that play xbox live and take turns sharing the gamertag.>>>>>>

We want to buy another xbox one and have each kid be able
    to be on an xbox one (playing xbox live)

at the same time, in different rooms, using 2 different gamertags.

do we have to buy a 2nd live membership?

OR- can we just create a 2nd gamertag on the existing xbox one which will also work on the new xbox one when we get it?

pls explain.

we are confused since there is the option with xbox one to create more than one family gamertag.

THANK YOU!!!

:)

LourdesBryce, Feb 1, 2015
  2. therealdune
    therealdune Guest
    The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE

I have same problem and i have a gold acct. This happens with call of duty modern warfare 2,please help us fix this xbox or i will switch to PS,srry i just need an answer or i will solve it by making the switch

therealdune, Feb 1, 2015
  3. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest
    14 day trial message.

Trials are trials and cant be added to existing gold accts. As far as I understand you would have to wait till your gold lapses, use your 14 days, then renew your gold again. Of course I could be wrong.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion.

JPep715, Feb 1, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The Xbox One can share a gold subscription, but only on the same console. If they're playing on two different consoles with two different accounts, you would need a separate gold subscription.

Smwutches, Feb 1, 2015
  5. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest
    Sharing a gold subscription on one Xbox One console is true, however a gold account can access their games on any console. Set one console as the HOME console under settings. This will make that console shareable with secondary accounts. To play together
    the secondary account must be logged into the HOME console and the Gold account must be logged into the second console. At least that is what i have come to understand.

JPep715, Feb 1, 2015
  6. LourdesBryce
    LourdesBryce Guest
    THANK YOU both for your responses!

I wish 1 xbox live gold subscription would allow 2 family members with their own gamertags to use any xbox ONE console, any time (I can dream, right?)

so, if we have 2 xbox ONE consoles, and 2 xbox live users with their own gamertags......and we want them to be able to use either console to play xbox live (either at the same time or not, in the same game, or in their own game)-------we will need 2 xbox
    gold subscriptions with each gamertag being a primary account so that they both can use either console interchangeably.

someone please correct me if I am wrong!

muchas gracias

LourdesBryce, Feb 4, 2015
  7. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest
    I suppose you could do that. Or simply change which console is your home console if you and your son want to switch rooms. I agree it would be nice to be able to register more than one console to your gold sub. Especially within the same house hold. Or at
    least bring back the family plan like they used to have on the 360. I only have one Netfix sub yet I can access it from multiple devices simultaneously. Just had to register each device with my acct. If microsoft could do something like this with Live that
    would be golden.even if the have to put a cap on how many consoles could be added. I d gladly pay twice the ammount if i had a family that all played for everyone to be able to play in any room at any time. I think the scenario you described still limits you
    to two. Maybe suggest this on the feedback site.

JPep715, Oct 31, 2018
  8. JPep715 Win User

Sharing a gold subscription on one Xbox One console is true, however a gold account can access their games on any console. Set one console as the HOME console under settings. This will make that console shareable with secondary accounts. To play together
    the secondary account must be logged into the HOME console and the Gold account must be logged into the second console. At least that is what i have come to understand.
  9. Smwutches Win User

The Xbox One can share a gold subscription, but only on the same console. If they're playing on two different consoles with two different accounts, you would need a separate gold subscription.
  10. LourdesBryce Win User

THANK YOU both for your responses!

I wish 1 xbox live gold subscription would allow 2 family members with their own gamertags to use any xbox ONE console, any time (I can dream, right?)

so, if we have 2 xbox ONE consoles, and 2 xbox live users with their own gamertags......and we want them to be able to use either console to play xbox live (either at the same time or not, in the same game, or in their own game)-------we will need 2 xbox
    gold subscriptions with each gamertag being a primary account so that they both can use either console interchangeably.

someone please correct me if I am wrong!

muchas gracias
  11. JPep715 Win User

I suppose you could do that. Or simply change which console is your home console if you and your son want to switch rooms. I agree it would be nice to be able to register more than one console to your gold sub. Especially within the same house hold. Or at
    least bring back the family plan like they used to have on the 360. I only have one Netfix sub yet I can access it from multiple devices simultaneously. Just had to register each device with my acct. If microsoft could do something like this with Live that
    would be golden.even if the have to put a cap on how many consoles could be added. I d gladly pay twice the ammount if i had a family that all played for everyone to be able to play in any room at any time. I think the scenario you described still limits you
    to two. Maybe suggest this on the feedback site.
  12. JPep715 Win User

14 day trial message.

Trials are trials and cant be added to existing gold accts. As far as I understand you would have to wait till your gold lapses, use your 14 days, then renew your gold again. Of course I could be wrong.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion.
Thema:

1. ps help me understand if I need another gold acct! - Similar Threads - help understand need

2. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  3. Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.: I originally played xbox in 2022 but my xbox broke and recently got a new one, I already got 6 strikes and dont know what they mean, I originally had a history of snatching peoples internet...
  4. PV6-Can someone please help me in understanding what it is & how to have on Ur Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PV6-Can someone please help me in understanding what it is & how to have on Ur Xbox.: I would like to know about pv6 on your Xbox one console. Can someone please help me 84bc6e6e-a5b5-4375-8aae-5f53e787decc
  5. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...
  6. Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parent needing help in understanding how to best to share single player games owned like...: I am a mother of two youngin’s who play Xbox games and typically they are single to multiple player game options. However, we do have a couple games, like Subnautica, survival type and puzzle...
  7. My account says I’m offline when I’m not. I don’t understand. Someone help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account says I’m offline when I’m not. I don’t understand. Someone help please: My account says I’m offline. I’ve tried turning it off and on. Tried everything my account is just stuck offline please help 80fb7182-b21c-433f-a1dd-a9027ebbaf93
  8. Can someone please help me understand

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me understand: Can someone please help me understand exactly why i was banned for using this profile picture because as far as im aware it doesnt break ToS and my appeal was denied even though ive used this...
  9. Need someone to help me understand it

in XboX Insiders
    Need someone to help me understand it: I have 2 question.. 1. Is the alpha skip ahead better ring then alpha? 2.how do I get invited to the alpha skip ahead submitted by /u/XOXOLOL111 [link] [comments]
  10. Huhhhh i need help understand about this ultimate xbox game pass redeem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huhhhh i need help understand about this ultimate xbox game pass redeem.: I just buy and redeem 3 month ultimate xbox game pass few minutes ago and it saying about "You redeem a code to have 3 month ultimate xbox game pass but its now 2 month ultimate xbox game pass"...