Project Acoustics Issues in Unreal 5.1.1

Discus and support Project Acoustics Issues in Unreal 5.1.1 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I saw your Project Acoustics presentation in this incredible video. My team and I were so inspired, that we decided to integrate it into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mike Thal, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Mike Thal
    Mike Thal Guest

Hi Microsoft,

I saw your Project Acoustics presentation in this incredible video. My team and I were so inspired, that we decided to integrate it into our game. Would you be able help with some issues that we're running into or direct us towards someone who can?

After following the directions in the video above, I'm having trouble getting the acoustic voxels and probes to show up in our level and the default Third Person Example Map. I'm able to bake acoustics, but it's not making a noticeable difference to the sound. Because of these two details, I'm worried that the plugin isn't working as intended.

Here's some extra context that may help!

• Using UE 5.1.1 (not using Wwise)
    • Geometry and Navigation are both tagging more than 0 items.
    • The maps have NavMeshes
    Thanks again and I hope you have a great day!

Cheers,

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uocCX0AMIg

:)

Mike Thal, Sep 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

This is a consumer tech support forum, no one here is equipped to answer those questions.

I suggest you contact your id@xbox handler and ask them how to proceed
  3. dempup Win User

What is Project Acoustics?

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. "Project Acoustics is a wave acoustics engine for 3D interactive experiences. It models wave effects like occlusion, obstruction, portaling and reverberation effects in complex scenes without requiring manual zone
    markup or CPU intensive ray tracing. It also includes game engine and audio middleware integration. Project Acoustics' philosophy is similar to static lighting: bake detailed physics offline to provide a physical baseline, and use a lightweight runtime with
    expressive design controls to meet your artistic goals for the acoustics of your virtual world. Ray-based acoustics methods can check for occlusion using a single source-to-listener ray cast, or drive reverb by estimating local scene volume with a few rays.
    But these techniques can be unreliable because a pebble occludes as much as a boulder. Rays don't account for the way sound bends around objects, a phenomenon known as diffraction. Project Acoustics' simulation captures these effects using a wave-based simulation.
    The acoustics are more predictable, accurate and seamless. Project Acoustics' key innovation is to couple real sound wave-based acoustic simulation with traditional sound design concepts. It translates simulation results into traditional audio DSP parameters
    for occlusion, portaling, and reverb. The designer uses controls over this translation process."
  4. BiOHAZARD 901 Win User

Dreamcast Wishlist?

Tech Romancer

Zombie Revenge

Unreal Tournament

Power Stone 2

Project Justice

I guess Phantasy Star Ver. 2.
  5. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Ultimate setup for Xb1 is complete!!

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[quote user="HypobaricWord00"]

I'm sure its better than most peoples!!

[/quote]

Only in the minds eye. ;)

Here's mine

Pics a bit small but there is a Sharp Aquos 60" TV, Sony STRDN1000 7.1 AV Receiver, Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speaker system, Eltax Concept Floorstanders and Eltax Monitor III Bookshelf speakers. Sky Box, additional Blu Ray player (now been replaced
    with a Wii) and my PC is there now also (I won't go into the specs but it's pretty powerful).

[/quote]Wow Unreal. That's just... unreal.
  6. jet cold0 Win User

project spark game engine

i am not saying to just simply port our games from project spark, i mean that to remake the games from project spark to a auctuall game engine, as in redo what you just make in project spark, only do it again in a game engine. to see my point, someone remade tomb raider II in unreal engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MuJNrk8RY
Thema:

1. Project Acoustics Issues in Unreal 5.1.1 - Similar Threads - Project Acoustics Issues

2. Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?: I am at the beginning of a long, extensive thesis project for my doctorate degree. Excited to tie a 20+ year passion into such project, gaming, it would help my progress tremendously if I can...
  3. I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...: Hi! Here is a a request from Chinese Fans community of "World of Darkness" series. I am a translator from this fan community, my team and I are working on the Chinese localization of the game...
  4. Xbox one project Scorpio crashes on most games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one project Scorpio crashes on most games: I have problems with my Xbox one X project Scorpio, on multiple games it keeps crashing and closing the games, I’ve tried factory restart and reinstalling games, but the problem remains, any idea...
  5. Project cars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Project cars 2: I had installed project cars 2 for free with gold/game pass...now it's been delisted even thou it's shows installed I cannot play...I bought all dlc packs...is there any way to play the game...I...
  6. Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Screen no longer projecting and turns off after 10 minutes: My Xbox One S is no longer projecting a screen to my monitor , and the console turns off after 10 minutes or so, also the sync button is broken, is there anyway I can fix this without having to go...
  7. I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know what to do if I need an Xbox staff to coordinate a fan project involving...: Hi! Here is a a request from Chinese Fans community of "World of Darkness" series. I am a translator from this fan community, my team and I are working on the Chinese localization of the game...
  8. Xbox projecting to 2 different screens showing this two different things while playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox projecting to 2 different screens showing this two different things while playing...: Can you make the Xbox project on multiple displays like the same way the Windows 10 can do because do Windows 10 can display multiple displays and the Xbox can't. Please make it so that when...
  9. Error 0x80070002 on installing Dyson Sphere Project via XBox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80070002 on installing Dyson Sphere Project via XBox app or Microsoft Store: Error appears upon beginning install after checking product files. Error does not affect download of other apps. a24960dd-915a-4c2b-a51e-e6fd0b6abaf9
  10. Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question.: I’m asking these questions for a reason. Buying an Xbox headset isn’t a solution, I have a really good one. I have two Xbox (Series X) audio questions/scenarios I’m trying to create. One...