profiles and party not working correctly

Discus and support profiles and party not working correctly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I open anyone’s profile, it doesn’t load and just sits there, so I can’t invite anyone or join off their profile. As for parties, when someone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Caleb Snyder, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Caleb Snyder
    Caleb Snyder Guest

When I open anyone’s profile, it doesn’t load and just sits there, so I can’t invite anyone or join off their profile. As for parties, when someone invites me and I join, it shows no profile picture/name for me and some others.

Things I’ve tried:

- Going into alternate mac address and clearing it (only worked once)

- Power Cycle (didn’t work)

- Restarting

All this started happening after i accidentally left my xbox on all night, I suspect that’s the cause but I could be wrong.

:)

Caleb Snyder, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Caleb, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, change your connection DNS.

Follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

If it still does not work, please, if you know how to do it, make a Wi-Fi hotspot router on your phone and connect to it.

That way we can isolate the issue, by testing another internet connection, using your mobile data plan.

Let me know if it works!
  3. JitinDhillon Win User

Party Chat not working correctly

I cannot chat with anyone using the party chat app today. My NAT type is open, and my friends all have open NAT as well, but we all get "could not start party chat" whenever we try to talk with one another.

It worked at one point in the day but it seems its down again now...
  4. Linc-1AE661EF-A1A2-4 Win User

5. CMUchippewa Win User

So my brother decided just to call Xbox Support. They suggested that we reset our X1 to factory settings. It worked for him and my other friend, and mine is currently resetting. Hope this helps!
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I noticed that too but haven't had a chance to hop on my console to give it a try.
Thema:

1. profiles and party not working correctly - Similar Threads - profiles party working

2. party icon isnt showing up on friends profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party icon isnt showing up on friends profile: About a week and a half ago friend a on their xbox profile it stopped showing the headphones icon next to their name signifying that they're in a party. I can't view who's in their party or join...
  3. Your Xbox Profile is not able to use Parties?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Your Xbox Profile is not able to use Parties?: Hey I've been having an issue with Xbox Windows parties where it says I'm not able to use parties and I don't recieve game or party invites. But I recieve message notifications from those same...
  4. i have been told that i my xbox profile is not able to join parties

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i have been told that i my xbox profile is not able to join parties: once im invited to a party i cant hear or say anything. and if i try to join a party it says "your xbox profile is unable to join parties" please help. and also i have no active suspensions....
  5. I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...: I have been trying for months to join my friends on my pc but it says i am unable to use parties because my profile can't, why am i having this issue on my pc but not my xbox...
  6. I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active...: I have been told that my Xbox profile is not able to join parties but I have no active suspensions however I can still join parties and talk, just can't join them. also im on pc if that helps...
  7. "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..: "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar.. this error just started last night randomly. I was in party just fine. Tried to join another. I can join it but i cant hear...
  8. your xbox profile is not able to use parties issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    your xbox profile is not able to use parties issue: how do i fix the issue where it says "your xbox profile is not able to use parties" it apears over top of the join button when i go to join a party on xbox gamebar and it only happens on some...
  9. My Xbox Profile can't join parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Profile can't join parties.: Im on windows 11 and it says I can't join parties under the party I'm currently trying to join, however i can create them but not sure it i can talk, as well i have already check my xbox satftey...
  10. I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active...: I have been told that my Xbox profile is not able to join parties but I have no active suspensions however I can still join parties and talk, just can't join them. also im on pc if that helps...