Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

Discus and support Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jayson_2023, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Jayson_2023
    Jayson_2023 Guest

My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new profile name but it can’t find any save files under the new profile name… is there anyway to fix this? I can’t even start the game anymore

:)

Jayson_2023, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble loading your previous saves on Xbox after changing your gamertag. This can be very frustrating and disappointing, especially when you want to continue your gaming progress.

This issue could be caused by a glitch in the Xbox system that prevents the saved games from being transferred to the new gamertag. Some possible solutions are:
    1. Delete and re-download your profile on your Xbox console or PC.
    2. Take the saved games from your console’s storage device to the cloud storage device.
    3. Restart the game.
    4. Power cycle your machine.
    5. Test your network connection.
    6. Remove and re-add your profile.
    7. Start a new game and see if the saved games are automatically loaded on your new gamertag. Sometimes, this might take some time or require a restart.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

I hope this helps.
  3. [EX] Win User

Hey Jason,

I don't know how old your daughter is but it sounds like she is very young.

In that case you should protect your account with a pin !

Not that she will buy some games and consoles with your account or getting access to adult content.
  4. tejo chase Win User

Change my childs name on Xbox

Go to your daughters main microsoft account page click on profile and there is a link titled Edit Name you should be able to change your daughters name there.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Password block games on main profile

6. ngocphi Win User

Name-change preventing me from choosing a certain gamertag.

Yep or be more creative with the spelling like replacing "o" or "e " with a "0" or a "3"
Thema:

1. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games - Similar Threads - Profile name change

2. i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please: i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please 2a2ab6f3-ca71-4101-bcd7-afd4342268dd
  3. I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on my Minecraft Realms due to my profile name: Hello! I tried to log into my Minecraft Realms, but it doesn't appear for me. I also noticed that my nickname is different from what it was and my friend can access my Realms normally and sees...
  4. minecraft java profile name I want to change/revert back my name to legam786

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft java profile name I want to change/revert back my name to legam786: Hello Microsoft Support, I would like to change/revert my name back to legam786 on minecraft. My friend change it to BonggoBug without my Permission and i dont like this name. Is there any way to...
  5. Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change profile name on Minecraft Java edition: I am writing to request assistance with a username change on my Minecraft Java account. Currently, my username is 'focusngl,' and I would like to change it to '.' However, during the change...
  6. Minecraft Profile name change before 30 days.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Profile name change before 30 days.: I recently changed my Java Profile name to "Peacockier". I've been getting banned from many servers because of using that username as it contains some inappropriate words. I need to change the...
  7. Why is signing in two profiles changing the profile picture and legal name of the other?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is signing in two profiles changing the profile picture and legal name of the other?: So I just signed two accounts in on my Xbox and it made the profile picture change for the second one that was signed in and changed the name tied to it to be the name of the one that was signed...
  8. Minecraft Profile name history

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Profile name history: Hello, is it possible to see your old profile name on minecraft? I just joined a server that brings back memorys but they say "Please show some evidence of your profile name 'Phaser859'". So i'm...
  9. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...
  10. What does number under profile name mean?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What does number under profile name mean?: What does number under profile name mean? Very top left hand corner under my name shows G 65. What does that mean? 71d699a4-0e63-472e-ab15-1d1eda00cdce