Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my...

Discus and support Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag a while ago and I noticed that when I search my current gamertag, my profile does not appear. I then searched my old gamertag and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Void Merc, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Void Merc
    Void Merc Guest

Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my...

I changed my gamertag a while ago and I noticed that when I search my current gamertag, my profile does not appear. I then searched my old gamertag and my profile appeared but with my current gamertag. This has made it difficult for people to find my profile because it does not show up when they search my current gamertag. I was wanting to know if there is a fix to this?

:)

Void Merc, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my old gamertag is searched

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Void, gamertag exchange is also a process of updating microsoft databases, developers etc. after the exchange this upgrade process may take a while until it is complete on the database servers.
  3. Trixos Win User

Gamertag not taken but i cant have it

When i search for 26 in the find someone tab no one comes up but then when i enter the name to change my gamertag it shows the hashtag
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag/Display name/Account name

Check your profile in the Xbox app (not the console companion app). See if it shows you as having 2 gamertags. They'll have one on top of the other. The bottom one will probably show the gamertag that shows up for you in game. That's considered a "classic" gamertag. Sometimes when people change their tags, the system keeps their original tag as the tag to show in games that haven't been updated for the new gamertag policy. I know the system does that when people use special characters for their tag, but I'm not sure why it does it when people don't. That tag would have to be changed on a 360.
  5. Hordie Win User

Changed e-mail

Does the correct gamertag show up in the top right when you login to xbox.com?. Also you can try deleting / redownloading your profile to get the most current info from the Live Servers.

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
  6. Smwutches Win User

When is the next unused gamertag wipe?

Here's the gamertag -
    live.xbox.com/.../Profile

The system sees "jamiex" as being the same as "jamie x" but it won't show up when you try to search for it if you search with the space.
Thema:

1. Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my... - Similar Threads - Profile does show

2. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  3. "This feature is blocked because your profile does not have sufficient privileges."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This feature is blocked because your profile does not have sufficient privileges.": i keep getting this message in forza horizon 5 and i already tried changing my xbox privacy settings and it still doesn't work. how do i fix this? 27bdb4d9-420a-4297-9039-cc6e1831d0b6
  4. Why does my Xbox Profile Hub display some random avatar and not my own?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox Profile Hub display some random avatar and not my own?: I recently made some tweaks to my male Xbox Avatar. And now on my Xbox Profile Hub displays random women avatars. What up with that? Is that like some default setting? I know the Xbox severs have...
  5. Does Warzone mobile show up as your status on Xbox profile Like if you were playing a game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does Warzone mobile show up as your status on Xbox profile Like if you were playing a game...: And if it it’s not I really hope it does because Microsoft owns activison right so why won’t that be a thing? Also as in call of duty mobile I feel it should be the same it’s something small that...
  6. Cousins Xbox Profile does not load Friends list.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cousins Xbox Profile does not load Friends list.: My Cousins Xbox Profile suddenly stopped loading (Synchronising) his friends list. Remedial Steps tried: Remove and redownload Profile. Full wipe and redownload Profile and Games. Without...
  7. Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...: My pfp glitches everytime I switch accounts and puts my main accounts pfp on my 2nd account and I have to remove the account to fix it c31dc310-4ccb-44d7-ae4f-9746d9a8565b
  8. Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Profile change button does not work and neither do the paddles on the back - Xbox...: I have searched everywhere for a solution but have not found any answers. I was playing some games and the controller was working fine the paddles were working and the profile lights were showing...
  9. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...
  10. My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My profile on XSX only shows what Xbox 360 games I am playing. Does anyone have a fix?: Earlier today, my friend and I decided to load into an Xbox 360 game, Splinter cell blacklist. When we were done playing, we both quit out. However, it still showed on both of our profiles that we...