Profanity filter on PC

Discus and support Profanity filter on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am playing dead by daylight on the windows store/PC xbox app version and there is a profanity filter that players from other platforms don't have. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by yobson, Jun 15, 2023.

1. yobson
    yobson Guest

Profanity filter on PC

I am playing dead by daylight on the windows store/PC xbox app version and there is a profanity filter that players from other platforms don't have. It applies to other player's names and the in-game chat. It is ridiculously sensitive and blocks things like the word mad or one guy's name which was just venom with some numbers. How can I turn this off?

:)

yobson, Jun 15, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Profanity filter on PC

If this was done by Xbox, it would only affect Xbox services which wouldn't be done in the actual game. It could only affect your actual Xbox party chat and Xbox messaging. It wouldn't have any effect on In-game gameplay.
  3. yobson Win User

Profanity filter on PC

I don't think it's the dead by daylight filter but an additional xbox/microsoft filter. Friends on other platforms (steam, epic) in the same match don't see the same things censored as I do on the xbox game pass version.
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Profanity filter on PC

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Sadly this can't be disabled. The Devs did not add that as an option, unfortunately.

I do understand the game is fairly graphic and carries mature content but it also carries responsibilities for players communication, etc.

Sorry.
  5. Good Old Rebel Win User

Profanity Filter

Black Ops had one, and it was M.

MonkRug, I tried your filter method but it didn't work. Once I realized I ruined a $60 game I started cussing.

If you don't mind gameshoes3003, please let me know when you can. Thanks!
  6. MonkRug Win User

Profanity Filter

Most games don't have a filter do they?

Atleast I've never seen 'em.

That's why they have a rating on the front of the box.
Thema:

Profanity filter on PC

1. Profanity filter on PC - Similar Threads - Profanity filter

2. Is saying ahh considered profanity?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is saying ahh considered profanity?: I messaged this guy and it was something like, “Five year old ahh comeback” We were messing around and he thought it to report me and I got a 20 day comms ban? But he also sent a voice message...
  3. The new profanity system is awful in my opinion

in XboX Insiders
    The new profanity system is awful in my opinion: Personally I think the whole 8 strikes thing is stupid, and I’ll give a few points as to why I think this. First and foremost, it’s online gaming, who hasn’t cussed each other out over a heated...
  4. Profanity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profanity: If Microsoft was smart, which they clearly aren't, instead of banning players for profanity they would create an algorithm that would block audio of players who are joining games for youger...
  5. I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...: I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not not allowed. What's wrong with the name bdede4e4-de7e-4c20-ac67-474429fafbcf
  6. Why does Xbox even allow for profanity bans if it has a built in filter for it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox even allow for profanity bans if it has a built in filter for it?: You have to manually decide to turn off the filter. If you make the choice to turn off the filter you should not be able to get someone communication banned just for using a profanity. This is the...
  7. Own name banned due to profanity filter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Own name banned due to profanity filter: Hello, I've been trying to play Football Manager 23 with the Xbox Game Pass, however, I can't use my own name to create a character... I was told by the FM23 Support that it is due to the...
  8. The profanity filter on Xbox cloud gaming is to strict

in XBoX Accessibility
    The profanity filter on Xbox cloud gaming is to strict: On Xbox cloud gaming the profanity filter is too strict. Half the time my messages are blocked leaveling me felling angry. You can't say shut up or I got hit by a car in GTA. There's no setting I...
  9. Why is 33 on the list of filtered profanity?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is 33 on the list of filtered profanity?: Like honestly, the lfg is already difficult enough to use, but constantly updating the profanity filter with actual nonsense that quite effectively disallows players to even word their posts...
  10. Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?: I am not a child, and I do not want a profanity filter on my account, and I also want to be able to purchase a realm. I am not a part of a family, yet restrictions still apply. Someone help me...