probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?

Discus and support probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my 360 is an old unit with internal storage of only 3Gb can I stick in a blank usb and use that as added storage so I can play gta5?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crazyaussieguy, Nov 15, 2016.

1. probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?

my 360 is an old unit with internal storage of only 3Gb can I stick in a blank usb and use that as added storage so I can play gta5?

:)

crazyaussieguy, Nov 15, 2016
  2. gamer5
    gamer5 Guest
    Achievement Transfer & Profile Content Sharing question(s)

General Information: (under)

I just recently solved a profile corruption and in doing so I downloaded the old profile to my new Xbox 360.

But I already have a new profile and don't want to use the old one. I've done a License Transferal to the new Xbox on both accounts.

I've done a license transferal from the old profile to the new Xbox and I can play the games that the old profile have bought and downloaded on my new profile but I can't use the customization DLC. - So I just need the questions answered.

Achievement question: (under)

Can I somehow transfer the old profile's achievement points to my new profile (I don't want no mods/cheats <-- note the double negative)

Content Sharing question: (under)

I want to use the content my old profile bought, and downloaded, to the new Xbox but on my new profile.

I have downloaded a few DLC's and a few games on my old profile - and I can use them on the new profile but when I try a special bonus DLC (Portal 2 Bot Paint job) it only works if I'm using my old profile. Any idea on how to fix it so I can use the DLC's
    on both profiles like I can with the games?

gamer5, Nov 15, 2016
  3. New HDD on old 360?

Just want to know if I use a transfer cable can I use one of the "slim" HDD for storage on my old 360?

Thanks

CharlesOX_Bigly, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb?

Mister Beep, Nov 15, 2016
  5. Mister Beep Win User

6. ruth910 Win User

Do USB 3.0 Flash drives work with 360?

The Xbox storage limit for externals... I don't think there is any, because I once hooked up a 500GB external USB Hard drive to see what movies it had and it read it, as well as played the movies off of it(And I have the old xbox w/silver band for 3 years
    and no probs). the Xbox 360, to me, is the closest thing to a PC(That you can't mod or will be banned), being that it is primarily built for xbox 360 games and TV/Video streaming apps and alternative for internet surfing ONLY. So the 360 can read most of anything
    connected to it via USB
  7. SteadfastStorm Win User

Battlefront 1 on Xbox 360

Hi there. As davemcfly85 said, you will need a Hard Drive to play the original Xbox game. A USB memory drive will not allow original Xbox games to be played.

An official Xbox 360 hard drive can be purchased here:
    www.microsoftstore.com/.../vip.true

Also, more information about Xbox 360 storage can be found here:
    support.xbox.com/.../storage

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Happy holidays!
  8. TroHAM Win User

4gig not enough how to hold mored

If you need more storage space, you can either buy a hdd or use usb-drives. You can read more about your options here:

support.xbox.com/.../storage
  9. H Lo Win User

360E 4gb upgrade?

You need to format the USB stick after you put in the xbox. Cannot remember exactly where but it should be Storage Device in System settings.

Depend on what you play the 16GB could be more than enough. Me the 46 yrs old play only World of Tanks these days on my Xbox 360 Arcade. Installing it on the USB plays way better than hard disk.
Thema:

1. probs a silly question but, i need more 'storage' on my old 360 to play gta5 can i use a usb? - Similar Threads - probs silly question

2. Premium MS Solitaire and Casual Games probs

in XBoX Accessibility
    Premium MS Solitaire and Casual Games probs: It does not start from my PC, over the last days. I have tried a couple of the recommended solutions, but it didn't work. Will un-en reinstall work? Would I lose my scores, that way?...
  3. Diablo 4 Probs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 Probs: On Xbox series X shop.Diablo 4 download won't start. It says try again later. 86ff9efa-0310-4bbb-97e0-85804449752b
  4. Xbox live Prob "connection failed unable to access online services" screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live Prob "connection failed unable to access online services" screen.: What should I do? I have turned my box off and on 3 times and reset my modem. Not sure how to fix this. Any ideas? 86daa48b-45d5-46d0-b8e2-414a4d313f91
  5. Prob with joining Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prob with joining Xbox: when i turn on my xbox one it tells me to turn it off and wait a minute.but if that does not work showing error code 0xd0000189 does any one know how to get it to work controller wont work even...
  6. Prob Football Manager 2019

in XBoX on Windows
    Prob Football Manager 2019: Hi, I have the Xbox gamepass and since yesterday night i cannot launch the game with this error message : "Actuellement, Football Manager 2019 n'est pas disponible dans votre compte. Le code...
  7. prob gears 5

in XBoX on Windows
    prob gears 5: hello i have the xbox game for pc and since a few days gears 5 no longer launch, what should I do, thank you 4a074f50-0d58-4ad3-b1f0-05928334e41c
  8. Xbox One S Sound prob

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Sound prob: Split from this thread. Sorry for the length of time, as I decided to go stay in the hospital for a while. However, back to the problem at hand, I have the volume set to the lowest it can be...
  9. Xbox One S Sound prob

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Sound prob: Xbox One S, this isnt concerning out sound for speakers or TV, this is the sound coming from console to controller to headset which is a set of astro'd. Sound randomly cuts out of course during an...
  10. Prob with network

in XBoX Accessibility
    Prob with network: my sons xbox one ( I have 4 sons, 4 xbox ones but only one has an issue) states Not Connected your network isnt set up. How do I resolve the issue? 8319869c-2d87-4296-bc50-9ff2c2f7ec05