Problems Xbox Series with HDR on HDMI 2.0 120hz TV

Discus and support Problems Xbox Series with HDR on HDMI 2.0 120hz TV in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have 4k 120hz tv with hdmi 2.0. I also have the Xbox Series X. My problem is when i played 4k games at 60fps with HDR works flawlessly but when i... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/cmg2006, Nov 29, 2021.

1. /u/cmg2006
    /u/cmg2006 Guest

I have 4k 120hz tv with hdmi 2.0. I also have the Xbox Series X. My problem is when i played 4k games at 60fps with HDR works flawlessly but when i play 120fps games my tv chang resolution to 1080p at expected for the limitations of hdmi 2.0 but the issue is that i lose HDR. I know that the hdmi 2.0 can pass-through 1080p 120fps HDR. I also have the PS5 and it can do it without problem but the Xbox is not enabling HDR at 120fps. I dont think is malfunction of the Xbox. I think the Xbox Series X dont support 1080p at 120hz with HDR. I love my tv and like me there are hundreds of people that dont have the need to make the upgrade right now to a new model. I'm happy to play 4k 60hz HDR but i would love to play with HDR the 1080p 120fps as well like my Playstation 5. I would like someone from Xbox to take my issue to the correct department. For maybe a fix in future. Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/cmg2006
    [link] [comments]

/u/cmg2006, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  3. TommyPedro Win User

Does xbox series x support 20gpbs

Hi yes make difrent hdmi 2.0 or.2.1 on 60 hz 2.0hdmi support max 4k60hz lower croma 420 and 422 and hdr. HDMI 2.1 FRL support 4k 60hz 444 croma and hdr I spend some money for new setup to support 4k 60hz 444 hdr that need hdmi 2.1 because is 20.5 gbps does xbox series x switch betwen 2.0 on 60hz and 120hz is hdmi 2.1 thanks
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So I can have a tv with a hdmi 2.0 and still play on it
    Yes, but if your TV is 4K and you want to make full use of the Xbox Series X 120hz refresh rate at 4K, you'll need a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1,

But again it depends on what TV you have, is it 4K or 1080p? and what HDMI ports does it have ("HDMI 1.4, HDMI 2.0").
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

It depends on what resolution your going to play at and the resolution of the tv,

if 4K, you need HDMI 2.1 to get 4K at 120hz refresh rate,

HDMI 2.0 will only allow 4K at 60hz.

if your at 1080p/1440p, HDMI 2.0 will be ok for 120hz refresh rate, however if it is 1080p/1440p i would recommend getting the Xbox Series S as that is aimed at 1080p/1440p.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
Thema:

1. Problems Xbox Series with HDR on HDMI 2.0 120hz TV - Similar Threads - Problems Series HDR

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  6. Static IP address problem on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static IP address problem on Series X: On Monday morning my Xbox Series X (and laptop) was working just fine, connecting to the WiFi with absolutely no problems. The console was on standby mode until Wednesday morning, and now it...
  7. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  8. Headphone problem (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Headphone problem (Xbox series S): “I’m having an issue with my Xbox Series S: when I plug headphones into the controller, the sound is low and muffled, as if underwater. I’ve already tested multiple headphones and controllers,...
  9. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  10. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...