Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

Discus and support Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have win 11 on my old laptop and it lets me sign in with either account. However, this new machine will only sign in with my laptop account. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James Stephenson1, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

So I have win 11 on my old laptop and it lets me sign in with either account. However, this new machine will only sign in with my laptop account. I have a different account with game pass ultimate that I use my series x. And if I sign out on the new laptop, it literally will not let me sign in with this xbox user. Why not? I contacted support and they had me create a local user, but I really do not want to have to change which account I am logged into to do something so simple as long into a different account. They sent me to windows support and as I was explaining my situation they hung up.

What is the deal and whose stupid idea was to not allow a user to sign in with whichever account I want to. Please tell me there is something simple I am missing here, or did I waste my money buying a new windows 11 machine. And do not even get my started on how my old one upgraded to 11 without permission. If this is how microsoft is going to treat their customers, I will have to rethink my allegiance,

:)

James Stephenson1, Oct 25, 2023
  2. James Stephenson1 Win User

Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

So I just gave up. Microsoft is trying to be Apple, if I wanted Apple I would buy Apple. I am just going to log in with a local user than I can do whatever I want. Such a stupid limitation. Also, I gave the xbox support guy control of my computer and he attempted the things you are talking about here. I hate this, I hate it so dang much. What should have been a great day has turned sour as hell. Got a new ***** gaming laptop for the experience to be ruined. I have never had such stupid issues before and have always been an adamant supporter of Windows. But this, this just sours the whole windows experience. Give me the option to say no to single log on. But thanks for replying.

Beaten into submission by the applelication of Windows.
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello James S, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you're frustrated with the limitations you're experiencing when signing in with different Microsoft accounts on your new Windows 11 machine. Windows 11, like previous versions of Windows, allows users to sign in with different Microsoft accounts. However, there might be specific settings or configurations on your new machine that are causing the issue.

Let's try to follow:

Check account settings: Verify that you've added the desired Microsoft account as a user on your Windows 11 machine. Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users and make sure the account you want to use is listed as a user.

Switching accounts: On the Windows 11 login screen, you should be able to switch accounts by clicking on your user profile icon and selecting "Sign in with a different account." Try signing out of the current account and then signing in with the desired Microsoft account.

Verify account credentials: Double-check that you're entering the correct email address and password for the Microsoft account you want to use. Ensure there are no typos or mistakes in the login information.

Microsoft account synchronization: If you've recently changed or updated your Microsoft account password, it's possible that the new Windows 11 machine hasn't synchronized the changes yet. Try restarting the machine and see if it helps synchronize the account information.

Windows updates: Make sure your Windows 11 machine is up to date with the latest system updates. Sometimes, software updates can address compatibility issues or bugs that may affect account sign-in.

If you've already contacted support and their suggested steps didn't resolve the issue, consider reaching out to Microsoft support again. Explain the situation and emphasize the difficulties you're facing in signing in with different accounts on your Windows 11 machine. They should be able to provide further assistance and escalate the issue if necessary.

Remember to stay patient and calm when communicating with customer support representatives. They are there to help you, and expressing your concerns clearly and respectfully can lead to a more productive resolution.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
  4. AdamDrzewiecki Win User

Gaming Services not running, can't play games

I solved that problem for Win 11 today with help from MS Support. While this problem is pretty easy to fix on Win 10 (just reset both Gaming Services and Xbox app in system - > Apps -> Advanced options and then reboot), there is a little more work to do when it comes to Win 11. What works for me was simply change account for my daughter account, run Xbox app there and then run the game (in my case that was Halo Infinite). Gaming Services on this other account wasn't corrupted and it just overwrite my corrupted version of Gaming Services from main account. Then you just need to reboot your pc and then go to system -> apps -> Xbox app -> 3 dots menu ->reset and after that reboot your pc again. Without resetting the Xbox app you will probably not be able to sign in into your Xbox account after overwriting data in Gaming Services from the other account.

It works just fine for me, especially I just can't erase old Gaming Service trace from my registry on Win 11, so i think the only way is to overwrite.

One thing though - i don't know how it will work with fresh created second account, the one I have used was created around a month ago just after installing fresh Win 11.
  5. Mage_Storm Win User

Can't play XGP games because of issues with win 10 accounts

Even if that account is signed into the Xbox app and the win 10 store? The account with XGP is on 2 different user accounts on my computer. Some games have let me play them such as Sea of Thieves and The Outer Worlds.
  6. Andy2790 Win User

Console streaming button gone from Xbox app on Windows 10

Yes I have the same issue on Win 11, seems like the new xbox app removed it
Thema:

1. Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account... - Similar Threads - Problems win app

2. Snowrunner DLCs problem /Pc, Win 10/

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Snowrunner DLCs problem /Pc, Win 10/: Hi! I have a big problem with my snowrunner. I'm using the game with game pass ultimate in pc. The game ran well in the last weeks, so i bought the year one, season 4 dlc maybe 2-3 days ago. The...
  3. Minecraft Win 10 Edition Bug or like Problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Win 10 Edition Bug or like Problem: When i enter minecraft windows 10 it shows the mojang studios screen its all fine then the text disappears which is good then it turns white and then back to red and starts flickering red and...
  4. Problema en forza Horizon 4 pc win 10[Translation-Problem in forza Horizon 4 pc win 10]

in XBoX on Windows
    Problema en forza Horizon 4 pc win 10[Translation-Problem in forza Horizon 4 pc win 10]: El problema es que cada vez que volteo el coche deja de acelerar por poquito que sea el giro, ya probe cambiando algunas configuraciones pero nada y se vuelve muy tedioso jugar y no puedo acelerar...
  5. Minecraft - Win 10 problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft - Win 10 problem: Hello everyone and thank you for your time. I've been trying to redeem my Windows 10 Minecraft Edition since I have bought Java Minecraft before the 19th of October of 2018. When I click on...
  6. Win 10平台XBOX问题 [Translation-Win 10 platform XBOX problem]

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 10平台XBOX问题 [Translation-Win 10 platform XBOX problem]: 电脑正常上网,但win10内置的XBOX应用 internet连接,显现错误代 OX405 [Translation- The computer is online, but the XBOX application built into win10 has no internet connection, and the error code OX405 appears.]...
  7. Problem with logging in Minecraft Win 10 Edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with logging in Minecraft Win 10 Edition: Just when I try to log in, it immediately ask for a password to another Microsoft account. And I can not log in to an account where I have assigned MC Win 10 Edition. Please help....
  8. Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update: All, My Xbox app was working fine on my Win 10 machine up until last week when it automatically did an update. After that it no longer allows me to access Xbox live. When checking the network...
  9. Problem to install a game with a code on win 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem to install a game with a code on win 10: Hi guys, I'm having a problem with a code to redeem a game on windows store. I entered the code, and the download started, but the pc is blocked and I had to restart, but when I returned to the...
  10. Fortnite Win 10 clips DVR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite Win 10 clips DVR problem: Win 10 gamebar identifies it as a game and I can record without a problem but can't upload to xbox app it says it doesn't recognize the game. Why isn it not recognized and is it supposed to be...