Problems with missing authorization of two-factor authentication

Discus and support Problems with missing authorization of two-factor authentication in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Live account. This includes a two factor authentication. Since yesterday, I no longer get authentication codes. This has caused me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paul9669, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Paul9669
    Paul9669 Guest

I have an Xbox Live account. This includes a two factor authentication. Since yesterday, I no longer get authentication codes. This has caused me to lose access to my account.

Xbox Support / Microsoft Support could not help me and referred me to this forum.

So I try my luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I have access to my mail and phone number but the security codes are not coming through.

How can I get back to my own data?

A recovery form is not possible due to two factor authentication.

Forgotten password is also out of the question due to the lack of notification.

Please ask for help.

Greetings Paul

:)

Paul9669, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Paul9669 Win User

Hello Kathi,

Thank you very much for your answer. As it turned out, I made too many verification requests. After exactly 24 hours I received the messages again.

So the solution is simply "wait and see".

I checked this procedure with another account with the same result.

Best regards Paul
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Paul9669,

Thank you for the update and you're welcome.

We are glad to hear that you are able to access your account back! Waiting is indeed an essential for verifying an account.

Should you have concerns in the future, feel free to create new thread - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Have a great day!

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Paul9669,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Microsoft account because of two-step verification that you are unable to receive code. Just to set your expectations, your Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from potential malicious activity. Please allow me to do the best I can to help you recover your account.

Based on your description, you are unable to receive authentication code on your security information. Can we confirm if you are setting up your account on new console? Is your security information being still active, or you are currently travelling? Entering two-step verification in your Microsoft account means that if you cannot use your password and of one of this security information you still have two more security information left. That is why setting up two step verification is encouraged to have at least 3 pieces of security information. As stated on support article: How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

Important: If you turn on two-step verification, you will always need two forms of identification. This means that if you forget your password, you need two contact methods. Or if you lose your contact method, your password alone won't get you back into your account—and it can take you 30 days to regain access. You may even lose access to the account. For that reason, we strongly recommend you have three pieces of security info associated with your account, just in case.

If you can still access your email address that was set up as security information, please check your junk or spam instead of inbox. See if you can see the email verification code. If you were still having issues setting up your account on Xbox. Please check if you cannot still access your account on the Microsoft website itself - Microsoft account | Home. Let us know what happens.

Account recovery is in your hands, we hope you will be able to access it back.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Freeker47 Win User

Two Factor Authentication.

Good question! I'm interested in that too!
  6. Damon Pollard Win User

Two Factor Authentication.

I got an Xbox One today so I can properly answer this now. Logged into my two-factor-enabled account and was prompted on screen for two factor authentication. I used my phone to generate the one time use code (like I do with most other services) and it worked
    perfectly.

The Xbox One doesn't require an 'app password' like the Xbox 360. Not sure where donniehun got their information, but it was flat out wrong.
Thema:

1. Problems with missing authorization of two-factor authentication - Similar Threads - Problems missing authorization

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  8. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  9. Is there a problem with the metro series? Missing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a problem with the metro series? Missing games: I know I own metro last light I see it in my order history but I've also bought all the other metro games those I don't see but none of them are appearing on my Xbox and the Microsoft store thinks...
  10. I have a problem with missing captures from my xbox mobile app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem with missing captures from my xbox mobile app.: Today i took a lot of photos that were uploaded to the xbox network and and the photoshoots took around 4 hours and now i can't see any screenshots i took from the 4 hours ago, only from the...