Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC

Discus and support Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download Minecraft to my PC. I have gone through the process and purchased it. I do not own an XBox. It gives me this error code about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Loretta Van de Pol, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC

I am trying to download Minecraft to my PC. I have gone through the process and purchased it.

I do not own an XBox. It gives me this error code about the launcher: 0x803F8001. When I go to the Microsoft store, and search for the Launcher, it says that "Install to...You Own This". If I click on this, it says install this content with Xbox app. But I don't have an xbox and just want to install on my PC. How do I do this?

:)

Loretta Van de Pol, Dec 8, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Minecraft feedback website doesn't let me log into my Microsoft account

Hello Happy_AlexRO, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Please try the following procedure to see if it solves your Minecraft problem:

First of all, if you have any Minecraft Launcher installed, please uninstall it completely from your PC.

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-launcher/9PGW18NPBZV5

Install the new Minecraft Launcher that can be downloaded from the Xbox app. Said Launcher corrects most of the problems.

It is recommended that you install it on the same storage unit where you have your Windows installed. It weighs approximately 10 MB so it won't take up much memory, don't worry.

Launch the Minecraft Launcher you just installed from the Xbox app, then sign in with the Microsoft account you purchased the game with or the account you migrated it to.

Best regards.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hi again Loretta,

I dont know why there's no appears the three dots next to the button, but you tried the third option i gave you? try installing minecraft by the official page, or you dont want do that? if that so let me know to try solve your problem with the microsoft store

I will wait for you.
  4. Loretta Van de Pol Win User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. When I tried the first option, there wasn't three dots to click on and select Manage. I took a screenshot to show you what I see.

I also tried option 2, and it downloaded the launcher again. However when I clicked on "Let's play" it gave me the same error code. So it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

[​IMG]
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Loretta my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

The error code you're encountering (0x803F8001) usually refers to an issue with the Microsoft Store or the app package itself. While it's true that Minecraft now requires a Microsoft account and sometimes involves the Xbox app, it's still possible to install and play it on your PC without owning an Xbox.

Here's how you can try to install Minecraft on your PC without an Xbox:

Option 1: Using the Microsoft Store:

Open the Microsoft Store app on your PC.
    Search for "Minecraft for Windows."
    Click on "Install to..." It should say "You Own This" under the install button.
    If it prompts you to install the Xbox app, you can cancel that action for now.
    Instead, click on the three dots next to the "Install" button and choose "Manage."
    Under "Install on," select your PC.
    Click "Install" again.

Option 2: Using Minecraft.net:

Go to the official Minecraft website:

https://www.minecraft.net/.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Click on "Download for Windows."
    Sign in with your Microsoft account that owns the game.
    The Minecraft Launcher will download and install automatically.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  6. Loretta Van de Pol Win User

You gave me 2 options and I tried both. Neither worked.
Thema:

1. Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC - Similar Threads - Problems installing Minecraft

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11: I have had the flight simulator premium deluxe 40th anniversary game since December 2023. It is installed on the xbox series x console and works fine. I installed it on Windows 10 with the Xbox...
  4. Series X game installation problem ?

in XboX Insiders
    Series X game installation problem ?: Hello dear Xbox users, does anyone had or has the problem where you can’t install games from games pass or bought games? Like I press install and it doesn’t do anything neither puts it in queue or...
  5. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass: Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know what to do, any idea of what is happening?...
  6. Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues: Hey my Xbox has recently started acting up it randomly stops installing games when downloading, delete games if the game needs an update, and sometimes won’t boot up properly, it would show an...
  7. Problem relative to Minecraft Installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem relative to Minecraft Installation: While i was trying to install Minecraft Launcher on my Win10 (updated). I noticed that the problems were coming from the Xbox et xbox services app. I would appreciate help as i followed a plethora...
  8. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...
  9. Minecraft we encountered a problem we couldn't install the application (800700E9)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft we encountered a problem we couldn't install the application (800700E9): i installed a mod in minecraft, after a while I got bored and wanted to delete it, and I deleted all the minecraft files to make a clean installation, now I want to install it and it gives the...
  10. Minecraft installer problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft installer problems: everytime i try to download minecraft, it opens and says make sure you're signed into microsoft store (i am) so i hit agree. It begins installing, 30 seconds go by then the installer closes. i...