problems connecting xbox360 via HDMI through A/V Reciever

Discus and support problems connecting xbox360 via HDMI through A/V Reciever in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Marantz A/V receiver that supports HDMI switching, after initially setting everything up I found I was getting no video nor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TX Wahoo, May 31, 2014.

1. TX Wahoo
    TX Wahoo Guest

I recently purchased a new Marantz A/V receiver that supports HDMI switching, after initially setting everything up I found I was getting no video nor audio signal from the xbox to the TV. Furthermore, while connected through the receiver when powering up
    my xbox using the wireless controller the controller failed to connect to the console.

Using the same HDMI cable that was connected to the A/V receiver, I connected the console directly to the TV and had no problems. TV was receiving both audio and video, I then tried the same connection using the 2nd HDMI cable (the one originally connecting
    the A/V receiver to the TV) and again experienced no issues. Therefore I feel I can safely rule out the two HDMI cables.

For reference I'm having no problems with any of my other HDMI video sources (cable, DVD) connected through the receiver.

The fact that the wireless controller fails to connect when the console is connected to the receiver is what really baffles me.

:)

TX Wahoo, May 31, 2014
  2. Connecting the Console Directly to A/V Receiver?

The Xbox literature recommends connecting the console to the TV using HDMI cable and then the console to the A/V Receiver using an optical digital audio cable in order to get surround sound. Is it possible to simply connect the console directly to the A/V
    Receiver with an HDMI cable to get both audio and video through the A/V Reciever? I own a Denon AVR-391.

THank you

RemittingCross4, May 31, 2014
  3. Xbox One with an A/V Receiver

Maybe im not understanding you right, but here is how i have mine setup.

I have WD-MediaPlayer, Bluray, Xbox360 and Xbox One connected to my reciever via Hdmi.

My TV decoder is input into the Xbox One.

My reciever outputs all to my TV via Hdmi.

This setup works great, as i can easilly switch any device with one remote.

Thorbjørn Jensen, May 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: