Problem with Xbox Turning Off since installing the Beta update

Discus and support Problem with Xbox Turning Off since installing the Beta update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After installing the beta update when I say "Xbox Turn Off" it gives me the option of YES/NO and when I say yes or no nothing happens. I have to use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MDBOOMER71, Feb 27, 2014.

1. MDBOOMER71
    MDBOOMER71 Guest

After installing the beta update when I say "Xbox Turn Off" it gives me the option of YES/NO and when I say yes or no nothing happens. I have to use the controller to turn off the console. Not sue why.

:)

MDBOOMER71, Feb 27, 2014
  2. Michael BG
    Michael BG Guest
    Xbox turning off since update

Since the last update we find our console occasionally turns off seemingly on its own. We have Kinect and use voice commands, so it's possible this is due to the "feature" they've added where it doesn't ask for confirmation before turning off. Not that we've
    said "Xbox turn off," but there are occasions where the console thinks it hears us say Xbox and we haven't, and it then tries to interpret what we're saying as a command. Not quite ready to give up on voice commands yet, but I'd like to know if anyone else
    has had this problem.

And I'll request a fix while I'm at it: we need to have the OPTION of still requiring confirmation before turning off. At least when a game or other app is running. How is it an improvement that somebody passing by can shut down
    my console in the middle of a game? Or that I can do so myself on accident because I was having a conversation and said something that sounded too much like the command? That's a bug, not a feature.

Michael BG, Feb 27, 2014
  3. Slow, stupid and unresponsive Xbox Live Servers

For anyone having a similar problem since the update, I was able to solve the problem by turning the Xbox One off hard and then I turned my modem/router off and on.

EncryptedKnight, Feb 27, 2014
  4. B4nn0N Win User

Wont turn TV on or off

I'm on this new beta update for xbox one and since this my tv won't turn off with the command xbox off. Everything else does but the tv. Anyone else having the same problem?
  5. EncryptedKnight Win User

Slow, stupid and unresponsive Xbox Live Servers

For anyone having a similar problem since the update, I was able to solve the problem by turning the Xbox One off hard and then I turned my modem/router off and on.
  6. searwashington7 Win User

Issues with opening a game

Well i too have been having the same problems with fortnite. The advice has allways uninstall and re-install and keep repeetong it until it will be resolve and also do not turn your xbox consall off during the updates in the futuer since this tends to
    cause the problemđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
  7. RubberChickn87 Win User

Failing to connect to Xbox Live

I decided to connect my xbox directly to the router instead of using wireless and immediately upon powering on the system it asked to install an update (since I had rolled back updates previously), and connected to live with no problems at all. I turned
    the xbox off and unplugged it from the router and after turning it back on it connected again with no issues at all. In fact, it is connecting faster now that it was before the issue started.

So, yeah. Problem solved.
  8. BALDYBOY Win User

Latest Xbox One Update Problem

I have been having the same problem since the update everyday I have had the black screen at least twice while pressing the home button and had to power down on the console to get the video back. I have now turned off the quick resume (Beta) and at the
    moment fingers crossed it hasn't happened since.
Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox Turning Off since installing the Beta update - Similar Threads - Problem Turning Off

2. The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly

in XBoX on Consoles
    The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly: When I press the power button on my controller, it immediately turns off and I can't connect it to Windows, if I'm sure it has enough charge. It has been purchased for less than 4 months Due to...
  3. i have this problem on my controller. it turns off randomly with it has its wire plug in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have this problem on my controller. it turns off randomly with it has its wire plug in...: xbox series x/s controller i have this problem which it’s always disconnecting random times but when it disconnects it vibrates then it connects sometimes it keeps doing it like every min. But...
  4. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.: My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues,...
  5. just got my Xbox yesterday, how do I turn mic monitoring off? (Picture of problem linked below)

in XboX Insiders
    just got my Xbox yesterday, how do I turn mic monitoring off? (Picture of problem linked below): The slider is greyed out here is a picture I’m so confused and I do not Xbox please help submitted by /u/shitfuckdammitquack [link] [comments]
  6. I have this problem with my Xbox one S where i turn it on then it automatically turns off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have this problem with my Xbox one S where i turn it on then it automatically turns off...: I have this problem with my Xbox one S where i turn it on then it automatically turns off can someone please help 5d4fc4dd-8d1a-4b19-9c5f-08ddc8182f12
  7. xbox turn on/off problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turn on/off problem: everytime i turn off my xbox the logo keeps blinking nonstop and i always have to unplug my xbox one. is there a way to fix it c4b22c2e-3c3b-491e-9545-e5a5a115acc6
  8. Hi I have a problem with my Xbox one it turn on and off and.than I must use a hairdryer to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I have a problem with my Xbox one it turn on and off and.than I must use a hairdryer to...: Hi I have a problem with my Xbox one is makes a beep and turns.on and than off again for me to make.it work I must use a hairdryer and after that it works again 294b7c59-4819-42bb-bee0-a2547760016c
  9. Can't turn off closed captions for CBSN. Problem started today after using for about a year.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn off closed captions for CBSN. Problem started today after using for about a year.: I don't know if CBS News app recently updated, but today I find when I stream CBSN I get closed captions. I can't get rid of them. I tried going to XBOX One settings>ease of access>closed...
  10. Problem with my xbox One S, it turn off alone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my xbox One S, it turn off alone: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One S. For 2, 3 days my console turns off all alone after 1 hour of play. I tried to turn it off, unplug it for an hour but nothing to do, it starts again....