Problem with Xbox Messaging/Chat

Discus and support Problem with Xbox Messaging/Chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello! It would be great if someone could help me out with this- I’m having an issue with Xbox Chat, I use the mobile app to talk, and now it’s not... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Music Flower, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Music Flower
    Music Flower Guest

Hello! It would be great if someone could help me out with this-

I’m having an issue with Xbox Chat, I use the mobile app to talk, and now it’s not letting me send messages or receive messages at all. I can’t even view my chats.

If I attempt to check my messages, I get the “Oops! Looks like you’re stranded….” Error.

This error occurs with all apps that I have, like on console, mobile.. and I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and nothing seems to work.

However if someone does message me, I do get the notification.

I would appreciate someone helping me with this!

:)

Music Flower, Nov 11, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with Xbox Chat feature. This issue could be an account, service, app or network issue. Let us check few things you can try to resolve this issue before that, please check these details:

Microsoft Family -

• If you are a member of Microsoft Family, you may want to ask your parent (organizer) to enable the settings for chat on your account privacy.

Check Enforcement Action -

Check the Xbox Status -

Update your devices and apps -

• Install the update for your mobile (devices) and update your Xbox app too.

Sign out and Sign in back -

• Sign out to your account on each app and sign in back. This can sometimes resolve issues with messaging.

Try connecting to a different network -

• Connect to your mobile data network or different Wi-Fi network.

If neither of these solutions work, please share a screenshot of the issue.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Playa_037 Win User

Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone

I was able to fix this, finally.

Problem is with the messages (sorry, now called "chats" for some reason".

I signed out of the Xbox app and resigned in on this application only (first), and then on 'all applications on this device' (second). Neither made a difference.

I signed out of the Xbox app, then deleted the app, reinstalled the app and signed back in - same problem.

The problem is the chats themselves, I message a lot, and I had a lot of old ones hanging around from when they were called messages.

Deleting all the recent chats temporarily fixed the problem, but the legacy ones can't easily be deleted.

I think the problem is the Xbox app has problems displaying your chats when there's too many of them.

For the legacy ones, I found I could delete the chat if the user who it was sent to was online.

But for the others, sending them a message (I just spammed everyone with a single character message), would then allow me to clear out all the legacy chats.

Now the Xbox app correctly displays them all. Buggy iOS application from Microsoft and needs to be fixed.
  5. Jr Vega 007 Win User

can not redeem xbox live code

gears of war 1 , in the chat tell me is a versión problem because i have a Xbox one , and tel me si a común problem, the support chat Tell me just put a message in the forum and the support team give u a prívate message with instruction and a new code
  6. xbox360italy Win User

Help! Cant Send any Messages or Anything

Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox Messaging/Chat - Similar Threads - Problem Messaging Chat

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  5. Who’s having problems with Xbox messages because I’m having it right now

in XBoX on Windows
    Who’s having problems with Xbox messages because I’m having it right now: My account is saying “Oops! Looks like you’re stranded… pull down to refresh or try again later.” I’ve tried everything to fix it but my messages won’t load nor can I send any messages...
  6. Problem with update message 0x80070570

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with update message 0x80070570: we have turned Xbox on and it is starting an update and gets to 3% the comes up with an update error - 0x80070570. Can't get out of the page to settings or anything. How can we fix this?...
  7. error message there was a problem getting your captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error message there was a problem getting your captures: I get a message that I have taken a capture with xbox app, but then when I try to view the captures, I get this message "there was a problem getting your captures"...
  8. Problems with chat messages on Xbos Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with chat messages on Xbos Series X: Hello the following problem.I am in the Insider Program and since the last software I can no longer access all chat messages on the Series X. Are there any problems or is it due to something else?...
  9. Report A Problem repeated error messages

in XboX Insiders
    Report A Problem repeated error messages: Currently attempting to report an audio drop out bug on Series X only to repeatedly get the following message from Report a Problem: There’s a problem There was an issue with your problem...
  10. How do I fix the message “there was a problem loading Looking For Group posts”?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the message “there was a problem loading Looking For Group posts”?: Ive restarted the game, reconnected to wifi, and restarted my xbox twice. Nothings works, and I can’t LFG d007d47a-2e7e-4b71-9464-162b6113e76e