Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update

Discus and support Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; All, My Xbox app was working fine on my Win 10 machine up until last week when it automatically did an update. After that it no longer allows me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JasonS.1, Sep 3, 2018.

1. JasonS.1
    JasonS.1 Guest

All,

My Xbox app was working fine on my Win 10 machine up until last week when it automatically did an update. After that it no longer allows me to access Xbox live. When checking the network connection I see that my NAT type is set to "Strict" and my server
    connection is set as "Blocked" After looking at the links for finding out what may be causing the issue I found the following:

MS says:

Solution 5: Check to see if the Teredo server name is set to an invalid value

For Teredo to function normally, it needs to use a valid Teredo server name. To check:

1. Right-click the Start icon, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:
      netsh interface Teredo show state
    Which I did, and I get the following from the Powershell (Admin):

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> netsh interface Teredo show state

Teredo Parameters

---------------------------------------------

Type : disabled

Server Name : win1711.ipv6.microsoft.com.

Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds

Client Port : unspecified

State : offline

Error : none

But according to MS:

The default value for the server name parameter on Windows 10 is win10.ipv6.microsoft.com.

Could this be the cause of my xbox app giving me a "strict" NAT status and my server connectivity being "blocked"?

If so, would changing the Server name for Teredo back to win10.ipv6.microsoft.com fix the issue? and if yes, how the heck do I change that command line?

Also, I have tried using the netsh interface Teredo set state=default command and it doesn't change anything.

I even tried uninstalling the app from the settings>Apps>apps & features>xbox and then reinstalling and nothing has changed.

As of now my xbox app will not connect and allow for using any games/chat on xbox live, which effectively renders it useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

JasonS.1, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection

it only appears to have this problem when you have updated from win 8 to win 10. my laptop that i updated from win 7 to win 10 does not have this problem. also it happened 12/12 after a system update. my version is 1511 build 10586.36

WayneWilkeson, Sep 3, 2018
  3. "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device."

The Xbox app was recently updated and may have resolved some of these issues. If you're still experiencing this after updating, please be sure to use the Report a problem feature within the Xbox app and we'll investigate.

Thanks!

~Hammer

BroHammersley, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update

You should not really need to worry to much about what you have on the PC side, leaving everything default should be fine. The key issue here is that NAT is controlled really by your router, not your PC.

Make sure you have UPNP enabled on your router, and you should find that everything else will work fine from there on wards.

The main issue here for your better understanding, is that your router controls how trafic is routed, not your PC. Some routers have issues with IPv6 (some ISP's turn this off breaking everything).

But its should not really affect you.

Best thing I would recomend is making sure you have everything to default and just make sure UPNP is enabled on your router (if not then you may have to go a port forwarding or DMZ route).

Hope this helps.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 3, 2018
  5. JasonS.1
    JasonS.1 Guest
    Hi DIPDIPOTATOCHIP,

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately have UPnP enabled on my router doesn't seem to make any difference. I logged into my router and saw that UPnP was enabled and then tried the xbox app and it still says server connectivity is blocked. Teredo being
    disabled seems to be the only evidence as to what might be wrong thus far.

Any other steps that I might try? Is there a way to revert the Teredo settings back to their original settings?

Thanks for any help you can give.

JasonS.1, Sep 4, 2018
  6. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest
    Have you tried using the 'Network Reset' option on your Windows 10 machine yet?

You can find this option by doing the following.

• Right Click on Start, and select 'Settings'.
    • Proceed to then select 'Network & Internet'.
    • At the bottom of the initial status page. You should see the option to select 'Network Reset'.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue on the networks end. If not, try power cycling your networking equipment if you're able.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you get the situation resolved.

CIDkidzPILLZ, Nov 5, 2018
  7. JasonS.1 Win User

Hi DIPDIPOTATOCHIP,

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately have UPnP enabled on my router doesn't seem to make any difference. I logged into my router and saw that UPnP was enabled and then tried the xbox app and it still says server connectivity is blocked. Teredo being
    disabled seems to be the only evidence as to what might be wrong thus far.

Any other steps that I might try? Is there a way to revert the Teredo settings back to their original settings?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  8. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Have you tried using the 'Network Reset' option on your Windows 10 machine yet?

You can find this option by doing the following.

• Right Click on Start, and select 'Settings'.
    • Proceed to then select 'Network & Internet'.
    • At the bottom of the initial status page. You should see the option to select 'Network Reset'.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue on the networks end. If not, try power cycling your networking equipment if you're able.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you get the situation resolved.
  9. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

You should not really need to worry to much about what you have on the PC side, leaving everything default should be fine. The key issue here is that NAT is controlled really by your router, not your PC.

Make sure you have UPNP enabled on your router, and you should find that everything else will work fine from there on wards.

The main issue here for your better understanding, is that your router controls how trafic is routed, not your PC. Some routers have issues with IPv6 (some ISP's turn this off breaking everything).

But its should not really affect you.

Best thing I would recomend is making sure you have everything to default and just make sure UPNP is enabled on your router (if not then you may have to go a port forwarding or DMZ route).

Hope this helps.
  10. JuliaHarris88 Win User

microsoft minesweeper just crashes after the most recent updates for Win 10.

just mimesweeper - I play solitaire and mahjong every day too and no problems with them
  11. XBF Amber M Win User

microsoft minesweeper just crashes after the most recent updates for Win 10.

Hi Julia,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. You may wish to try the troubleshooting for Minesweeper and other casual games available in our Microsoft
    Casual Games FAQ
    too see if you're able to launch the game correctly. Alternatively, I would recommend reaching out to the

Microsoft Casual Games community for Minesweeper on Facebook
    as well. They're very active on that page and would perhaps have further knowledge on how to assist you best.

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox App on Win 10 after most recent update - Similar Threads - Problem App Win

2. Xbox app streaming problem OBS Studios

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app streaming problem OBS Studios: So I stream on kick sometimes and the few times I did the game started freezing, not for me while looking at my pc but for steam it just froze and I had to minimize the window and then maximize...
  3. Xbox app connecting problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app connecting problem: On the Xbox app, Whenever I invite someone or try and join someones party, it just says "Connecting...". Sometimes I have no problem connecting and other times It's impossible to join a party....
  4. Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.: Randomly this problem appears, Xbox pc app app sometimes works, other times it doesn't, for no reason. Resetting, reinstalling, doesn't solve nothing, following useless guides doesn't solve...
  5. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  6. Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I be an insider when using the “Report a Problem” app?: The “Report a Problem” app is available either standalone or a part of the insider bundle. I have found an issue with saving in certain games on Series S, which I have reported as a non insider...
  7. Problem with networking, xbox console, PC and phone app on wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with networking, xbox console, PC and phone app on wifi.: Hey very odd situation. One day my router just stopped working with my xbox and related apps on my PC and phone. Xbox console indicates no issues with internet connection, but it will not access...
  8. XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem: I am trying to connect my console to the Xbox app (android) but the app is stuck at the message "Turn on your console and sign in with your account". My console is turned on and i have signed in....
  9. Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X: Hello to everyone, Alpha member with the problem listed in the title. The last update of 2023 seemed to fix the "buffering" and "video freezing" issues on the YouTube app but I have still major...
  10. Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...: So I have win 11 on my old laptop and it lets me sign in with either account. However, this new machine will only sign in with my laptop account. I have a different account with game pass ultimate...