Problem with waking console from wireless controller/console connect button

Discus and support Problem with waking console from wireless controller/console connect button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've just bought a new Xbox One S Storm Grey console and I'm having an issue with it where I can't wake the console from the wireless controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gooner Byron, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Gooner Byron
    Gooner Byron Guest

Hi,

I've just bought a new Xbox One S Storm Grey console and I'm having an issue with it where I can't wake the console from the wireless controller. Even if I then turn the Xbox on by the button on the console, the wireless controller still won't connect and
    if I try to press the reconnect button on the console it doesn't cause the logo to flash on the console so can't connect the controller at all. Even if I hold the power button down to turn the Xbox off and turn it back on, the reconnect button still won't
    work. The only way I can get it to work is by unplugging the main power cable from the console and then plugging it back in and it works.

It takes some time to behave like this but not a long time - If I shut the console down and immediately try to wake it from the wireless console it works fine but will start the behaviour above after only being in standby for an hour or so.

Any ideas for a fix? Or is it something I'll need to return the console for?

Thanks in advance..

:)

Gooner Byron, Oct 23, 2016
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to connect and use an Xbox wireless headset

Connect a wireless headset to a console

To connect a wireless headset to a console, follow the steps bellow:

• First you need to turn on your console and wireless headset.
    • You have to press and then release the connect button on your console.
    • Within 20 seconds, you also have to press and hold the connect button on the back of the wireless headset for two seconds.
    Notes:

• Each connected controller can have an associated headset.
    • The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset works with 30 feet (9 meters) of your console.

Use your wireless headset

You can turn the headset on or off pressing the power button on the headset.

The headset automatically turns off when you shutdown the console or when it is idle two minutes.

You can adjust the volume pressing the + or – button. To mute the headset, you need to press and hold the power button.

kevin, Oct 23, 2016
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to connect a wireless controller to an Xbox 360 console

If you want to connect a wireless controller to your console, follow the steps bellow:

• First, you need to turn on the console.
    • Insert the AA batteries into the controller.
    • Now you need to turn on your controller by pressing and holding the center Xbox Guide button. You should check the batteries if the controller does not turn on. If it is a rechargeable controller, you’ll have to ensure that it is charged properly.
    • After turning on the controller, you need to press and release the connect button on the console.
    • You also have to press and release the connect button on the controller within 20 seconds to connect the controller to the console.
    Notes

When the controller is connected, the lights surrounding the power button on the console stop flashing.

You are allowed to connect four controllers to a console. Each connected controller is assigned to one of four positions and each position corresponds to a lighted section around the console’s power button and the controller’s Xbox Guide button.

kevin, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Gooner Byron!

Couple things to check, do you have any USB devices plugged into your Xbox One? If so, try unplugging those to see if there is any change. Also, do you have your console set to Instant On, or is Power Saver enabled? If you have Instant On enabled, try switching
    to Power Save and see if you're able to power your console on from your Xbox One controller.

Mister Maka, Oct 24, 2016
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Gooner Byron!

Couple things to check, do you have any USB devices plugged into your Xbox One? If so, try unplugging those to see if there is any change. Also, do you have your console set to Instant On, or is Power Saver enabled? If you have Instant On enabled, try switching
    to Power Save and see if you're able to power your console on from your Xbox One controller.
  6. Eric Wilborn Win User

xbox blue tooth HELP

Hey there. I assume you're talking about the official Xbox wireless headset. Have you tried the following?

The headset can’t connect to a specific controller

Try the following:

Unplug any wired headsets from the console.

On the wireless headset, press the connect button. Lights on the wireless headset and on the controller are lit when they are connected. If the headset connects to the wrong position on the controller, press the connect button again to switch to the next
    available position.

If your headset still won’t connect, try this:

Disconnect all other accessories from the console.

Turn off all wireless controllers:

Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.

Confirm that you want to turn off only the controller.

Press the power button on the wireless headset.

Press the connect button on the console.

Press the connect button on the wireless headset. The lights around the console power button will spin and blink once. The position that remains lit is the position of the wireless headset.

If you want to test if the wireless headset will connect to the other positions, press the connect button again. The wireless headset connects to the next position.
  7. lewgiffard Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

The headset cannot connect to a specific controller.When you connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Headset to an Xbox 360 console and associate it with a specific controller, the lights on the controller, headset and console match up.

[​IMG]

Familiarise yourself with the wireless headset:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Front
    1. DC input
    2. Volume-up button
    3. Power/mute button
    4. Volume-down button
    [/td][/tr][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Back
    1. Earloop
    2. Earpiece
    3. Connect button
    4. Lights
    5. Microphone
    [/td][/tr][/table]

Try the following:

• Verify the desired position is available:
      1. Unplug the wired headset from the console.
      2. On the wireless headset, press the connect button. Lights on the wireless headset and on the controller are lit when they are connected. If the headset connects to the wrong position on the console, press the connect button again to switch to the next available
        position.
    • Make sure the headset works:
      1. Disconnect all other accessories from the Xbox 360 console, including any wired Xbox 360 controllers.
      2. Turn off all Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers:
        1. Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.

[​IMG]
        2. Confirm that you want to turn off only the controller.
      3. Press the power button on the wireless headset.
      4. Press the connect button on the console.
        • On the original Xbox 360 console, the connect button is on the front between the Memory Unit ports and the power button.

[​IMG]
        • On the Xbox 360 S console, the connect button is on the front next to the USB port cover.

[​IMG]
      5. Press the connect button on the wireless headset. The lights around the power button on the console will spin and blink once. The position that remains lit is the position of the wireless headset.
      6. If you want to test if the wireless headset will connect to the other positions, press the connect button again. The wireless headset will connect to the next position.

If your wireless headset cannot connect to the console, the wireless headset might be defective. You can order a replacement headset from the

Xbox Online Service Centre
        . Product registration may be required.
    • Test the controllers:
      If a wireless headset can connect to the console when no controllers are connected to the console, there is a problem with one of the controllers. To identify which controller is causing the problem, follow the steps below:
      1. If you are using a wireless controller, press the Guide button to turn on the controller. If you are using a wired controller, connect the controller to the first position on the console.
      2. Press the connect button on the controller.

[​IMG]
      3. On the wireless headset, press the connect button until the lit section on the controller Guide button matches the lit number on the wireless headset. If this is successful, go to the next step. If it is not, the controller might be defective. Try another
        controller.
      4. Connect a second controller to the second position on the console. Leave the first controller connected to the first position on the console.
      5. On the wireless headset, press the connect button until the lit number on the wireless headset matches the lit position on the second controller Guide button.
      If this procedure is successful, repeat these steps for each additional controller. You can connect up to four controllers.

If you determine that a controller is defective, you can order a replacement controller from the

Xbox Online Service Centre
      . Product registration may be required.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/troubleshoot/accessories/controllers-remotes
  8. Lilybear36 Win User

Console won't search for potential wireless controllers

You might want to try what I did once.

By holding the connect button on both controllers and the console, they seem to be in "search mode" instead of just looking for their original console (this is useful when you're using a controller that has been already "paired" with another console).

You just hold the button for a couple of seconds on each and they should look for each other.

Please let me know if that resolves your issue. :)

From the Xbox Wireless Controller Manual:

To connect your wireless controller to your console:
    1 Press and hold down the
    Xbox Guide button until the
    controller turns on.
    2 If your console is not on,
    press the Power button
    to turn on the console.
    3 Press and release the
    connect button on
    the console.
    4 Press and release the
    connect button on
    the controller.
    5 After the Ring of Light on the controller and console spin and flash once, the
    controller is connected. The quadrant that remains lit indicates the
    controller’s position.
  9. Please Man Up Win User

Controller won't sync to console.

reconnect a wireless controller

Turn on your console.

Press and hold the Guide button on the controller until the controller turns on.

3. Press and release the connect button on the console.

Xbox 360 S console Original Xbox 360 console

4. Within 20 seconds, press and release the connect button on the controller.

5. When the lights surrounding the power button on the console stop flashing, the controller is connected.

Each connected controller is assigned to one of four positions. Each position corresponds to a lighted section around the console power button and the controller Guide button.

If the controller does not turn on, check the batteries. Insert fresh AA batteries, making sure they are correctly positioned in the battery case.

To connect additional controllers, follow these same steps again. You can connect up to four controllers to the console. Each connected controller is assigned a position that corresponds with the lighted sections that appear around the console’s power button
    and around the Guide button located in the middle of each controller.

To disconnect a wireless controller, press and hold the Guide button for three seconds, and then choose to turn the controller off.

When you turn off the console, the controller will reconnect the next time you turn on the console.

The controller can be connected to only one console at a time. You can connect the controller to a different console, but the connection to the previously connected console will be lost.

If that does not work try this:

The Xbox 360 Wireless Controller batteries are weak or the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack needs recharging.

Another wireless device, such as a microwave oven, a cordless phone or a wireless router, is causing interference.

Metallic objects positioned between the console and the wireless controllers are causing interference. These include a chrome faceplate or metal dividers, shelves or doors on an entertainment centre cabinet.

Note All licensed Xbox 360 console faceplates are tested for interference and do not interfere with licensed wireless devices.

Four controllers are already connected to the console.

Solution 1: Restart your console

Turn your console off, wait a minute, and then turn it on again.

Solution 2: Replace the batteries or recharge the battery pack

Do one of the following:

If you do not have a rechargeable battery pack, insert fresh AA batteries.

If you have an Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack:

Remove the battery pack, and reattach it to your controller, making sure that it is attached correctly.

On the controller, press and hold the Guide button. In the upper-left area of the Guide button, the battery meter indicates your current level of battery strength.

If the level is low, recharge the battery pack.

If you have an Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit:

Make sure that the battery pack is correctly connected to your controller and plugged into one of the console's USB ports. If you check both of those things but are still having the problem, try step 2.

Check the USB ports on the console:

Plug the charge cable into each USB port on your console, one by one. There are two USB ports on the front of the console and one on the back.

If the controller works in one USB port but not another, try another accessory in the USB port that did not work with the controller.

If the USB port does not work with any accessory, your Xbox 360 console might need to be repaired. Contact Xbox Support for help. See the Assistance section at the bottom of this page for more information.

If the USB ports work but you are still having connection problems, try step 3.

Turn off vibration feedback (rumbling) on the controller. If you play games with feedback while charging, it takes longer for the controller to charge and might drain the battery pack faster than it can recharge. Here’s how to turn vibration off:

Press the Guide button on your controller, then go to Settings.

Select Preferences.

Select Vibration.

Select Enable Vibration to clear the checkbox.

Solution 3: Remove objects between the controller and the console

The controller works within 10 metres (33 feet) of your console. However, objects placed between the controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, a cordless phone) can interfere with
    your wireless controller. Remove or relocate objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console. Here are some things that can cause problems:

Microwave ovens

Cordless phones

Wireless routers

Chrome faceplates

Metal dividers

Shelves

Doors on an entertainment centre cabinet

Note All licensed Xbox 360 console faceplates are tested for interference and do not interfere with licensed wireless devices.

Solution 4: Disconnect all controllers and headsets

If all four lights surrounding the power button on the console are green and the controller has four flashing green lights, four controllers might already be connected to the console. Disconnect all of the controllers, and then try to connect the controller
    with the problem.

To disconnect a wireless controller, press and hold the Guide button for three seconds, and then turn the controller off.

To disconnect a wireless headset, turn the headset off.

To disconnect a wired controller or headset, unplug its cable from the console.

Hope this helped
Thema:

1. Problem with waking console from wireless controller/console connect button - Similar Threads - Problem waking console

2. Alan Wake with add ons code problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alan Wake with add ons code problem: Just bought new, unopened Quantum Break with Alan Wake + add ons code to redeem on MS Store. Well...the code does not work. Neither on the console - "Something went wrong. Check the instructions...
  3. Alan wake - проблема со входом -[Translation - Alan wake - login problem]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alan wake - проблема со входом -[Translation - Alan wake - login problem]: всем привет! скачал alan wake при входе в нее требует повторно авторизоваться в xbox live, ввожу логин и пароль, пишет ошибка только 16 знаков максимум. у меня пароль 19. что делать??...
  4. Code problem (BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY CODE ALAN WAKE) quantum break PRE ORDER

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code problem (BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY CODE ALAN WAKE) quantum break PRE ORDER: Hi good evening I had a little trouble with the xbox, which was that I bought cuantum break(PRE ORDER), the game is awesome, but my problem is that I don't receive the code to download, allan...
  5. Problema ao Resgatar Codigo do Jogo Alan Wake xbox360 [Problem Redeem Game Code Alan Wake Xbox ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problema ao Resgatar Codigo do Jogo Alan Wake xbox360 [Problem Redeem Game Code Alan Wake Xbox ...: Codigo do jogo alan wake nao esta sendo resgatado , estou recebendo a menssagem codigo invalido no console xbox360 , no sites em cad anavegador diferente q uso da um erro diferente , XBOS 4000 ,...
  6. ALAN WAKE CODE STILL NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    ALAN WAKE CODE STILL NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM: I pre-ordered quantum break in 2016/2/19 and still have not recieved my alan wake american nightmare code ,and i want to thank you for your reply yesterday. but there must be some mistakes...
  7. Alan Wake backward problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alan Wake backward problem: HI there! I bought a few months ago Quantum Break, great game btw, and had the voucher inside it to download Remedy's first game, Alan Wake. It worked fine on One, I have it in my games. I'm...
  8. Alan Wake Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alan Wake Problem: Today I logged into play Alan Wake and I got the following error code 0x803f800, but I've owned this game digitally for a long time. So I uninstalled the game and went to redownload and it's...
  9. Problem License Alan Wake

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem License Alan Wake: Hello, I had a code to download Alan Wake and it works on Xbox One, but when I want to download on Xbox 360 I have the redeemed, as if I have not acquired license ... How can I the re-download...
  10. problem with alan wake (pre order code quantum break)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with alan wake (pre order code quantum break): hi, i pre order quantum break on april 4 and i still dont receive the download code for alan wake, please help me with these, thanks! c93eaf27-7bb8-4a0b-87bd-5fd76960cc8c