Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

Discus and support Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by alejandro Almagro, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know what to do, any idea of what is happening?

Thanks.

:)

alejandro Almagro, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, Alejandro my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

The "sad face" error on the Xbox Game Pass app can be frustrating, especially when you're excited to try a new game like Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Based on my experience with issues like this Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Basic Checks:

Internet connection: Ensure your PC has a stable internet connection. Try restarting your router and PC.

Xbox app updates: Check if the Xbox app has any pending updates available. Update it if necessary.

System updates: Confirm your Windows is up to date. Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.

Downloading Issues:

Storage space: Verify if you have enough free storage space on your drive to install the game.

Installation location: If you have multiple drives, check if the download is trying to install on the correct drive. You can choose the installation location in the Xbox app settings before starting the download.

Corrupted files: Try removing temporary files and restart your PC. Press Windows Key + R, type "%temp%", and then press Enter. Delete all the files and folders in this temporary directory.

Sign in/out: Try signing out of the Xbox app and signing back in with your Microsoft account.

Restart Xbox services: Press Windows Key + R, type "services.msc", and press Enter. Find "Xbox Live Networking Service" and "Xbox Live Game Save Service", right-click on each and select "Restart".

Run the WSReset tool: This tool resets the Windows Store cache. Press Windows Key + R, type "wsreset", and press Enter.

Parental controls: If you have parental controls enabled on your account, verify if they restrict Game Pass downloads.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Game Pass (again)

You can install the Xbox Game Pass mobile app, and it will send notifications when games are leaving Game Pass and when new games arrive. If you can't install the app, you can follow Xbox Game Pass on Twitter. There is also a Game Pass section on the Home
    Dashboard of the Xbox console now where you can find this information.
  4. MojoHash Win User

Cant download Forza Horizon 5

5. Mauro Oliv Win User

Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

Same problem, I can't install new games, the problem is in the latest update of the Gaming Service (3.63.31001.0) by removing it the games can be reinstalled on any drive, but it will reinstall and block downloads again.

Is there a way to install previous versions of the Gaming Service that had no problems, because it was updated on the Windows 11 Desktop and the Windows 10 portal that recently had no problem.

Unusual that Microsoft lets pass updates that directly destroy the Xbox app and even damage the system.
  6. Sigilita Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC Failed to launch FM2019

To reply myself it's working now. The xbox game pass app on my mobile showed me the notification as "this new games are available" and the game started to install so my guess is that it was a problem in the server side? Anyway, everything seems to be working
    now
Thema:

1. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass - Similar Threads - Problem installation game

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. Series X game installation problem ?

in XboX Insiders
    Series X game installation problem ?: Hello dear Xbox users, does anyone had or has the problem where you can’t install games from games pass or bought games? Like I press install and it doesn’t do anything neither puts it in queue or...
  4. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...
  5. i purchased ea24 and installed it no problem the 2 weeks later my game is installed but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased ea24 and installed it no problem the 2 weeks later my game is installed but...: game is purchased and installed but when i try play it says i need to purchase it 98e90c89-8e42-402e-ad8c-dd2f7e4393d6
  6. Disc game installation problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation problem.: Hello, i tried in my two consoles to install two different games ( in this case , Battlefield V and Rainbow Six Siege ) thanks to my disc. But after the download pass the « ready to start » thing...
  7. I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try...: I bought Injustice 2 Legendary Edition I installed the game without problem but when I try to use the characters and new skins asked me to buy again dlcs can I have assistance please ?...
  8. The Xbox app has a problem installing the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app has a problem installing the game.: Yesterday I installed Payday 2 in the Epic Game app and stardew valley in the Xbox app. When I finished loading Payday 2 I came to see the progress of loading stardew valley but it stuck at 5.2...
  9. Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try...: I recently updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on TWO computers and now both of them have this issue after the update. What's happening: Games no longer show in the Installed section of the...
  10. Problem with installing games through xbox app on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with installing games through xbox app on pc: So I decided to install Slay The Spire (I have game pass) and it installed fine. After that I decided to install Darkest Dungeon and it's stuck on 1% while the app keeps checking for updates...